1 Life, 1 League, So There Can Only Be 1 King: Warriors vs. Hawks Gamethread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Teams with the best record in both conferences play each other every year in the NBA, so why is there such a big fuss going on with this one?

The significance of this one is that this is the latest in the yr that the two best teams have played each other for the first time with a win pct of 82% so yea it's a shame that this isn't nationally televised

@1BadBamaFan I gotta disagree with you my brotha, we already legit, but this is the biggest stage we've played on in the regular season. We at home and we need to win. I'm not gonna be happy with a loss & a moral victory coming out of this...we gotta get rid of that mentality breh

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The significance of this one is that this is the latest in the yr that the two best teams have played each other for the first time with a win pct of 82% so yea it's a shame that this isn't nationally televised

@1BadBamaFan I gotta disagree with you my brotha, we already legit, but this is the biggest stage we've played on in the regular season. We at home and we need to win. I'm not gonna be happy with a loss & a moral victory coming out of this...we gotta get rid of that mentality breh

Side note.

Have you loss faith in Pero, because i have. He isnt hitting those perimeter shots like he is supposed to and when he isnt doing that he is pretty much useless. In the off season we really need to look at a replacement.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Side note.

Have you loss faith in Pero, because i have. He isnt hitting those perimeter shots like he is supposed to and when he isnt doing that he is pretty much useless. In the off season we really need to look at a replacement.

Macedonian ZaZa been trash. I'm with you, we need to upgrade the backup big position anyway. If there's a trade that makes sense right now he needs to be shipped outta here ASAP

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
How the fukk is this game not nationally televised :mindblown:

media hates Atlanta sports. Thats why we get the reputation as a bad sports town. We never get national games.

Truth is, we have sold out every game this year and this city is hyped to FINALLY have a team worth a shyt.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Side note.

Macedonian ZaZa been trash. I'm with you, we need to upgrade the backup big position anyway. If there's a trade that makes sense right now he needs to be shipped outta here ASAP

Thing about Pero is that he does all the little things well(he's our best defensive big, he sets great screens etc). It's just that when he's not contributing offensively he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Same goes for Mike Scott, only when HE's not contributing offensively he's COMPLETELY useless. But at the same time, he's our most explosive scorer off the bench.

I say all that to say that with those two you just have to take the good with the bad. I'm fine with them for now but an upgrade is definitely something we can look in to

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Thing about Pero is that he does all the little things well(he's our best defensive big, he sets great screens etc). It's just that when he's not contributing offensively he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Same goes for Mike Scott, only when HE's not contributing offensively he's COMPLETELY useless. But at the same time, he's our most explosive scorer off the bench.

I say all that to say that with those two you just have to take the good with the bad. I'm fine with them for now but an upgrade is definitely something we can look in to

True. I think we need another big in the rotation anyway even if Pero were to stay. Pero does contribute but he's gotta give us something on offense. The 3 or the pump fake try to draw a foul 3 ain't been hittin on shyt lately

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Just posted this in the Hawks season thread....here's the purported reason why this game isn't a national broadcast:

The best game of the NBA season isn’t on national television tonight
Posted by Matt Yoder on Feb 6, 2015 12:45
ShareTweet(19)
Tonight represents a possible NBA Finals preview. The Best of the West visiting the Best of the East. 39-8 Golden State at 41-8 Atlanta. The Hawks have won 25 out of their last 27 games and the Warriors have won 16 out of their last 19. Arguably the two best teams and stories in the NBA this year.
But unless you have NBA League Pass or live in one of the two markets, you won’t be able to see it.
No, Warriors-Hawks will not be on national television tonight. Instead, ESPN will air a doubleheader of Clippers-Raptors and Heat-Spurs.The decisions that go into what games are televised on national television are complicated. There’s appearance and scheduling limitations. It’s not just a simple matter of putting the best game on every night at the beginning of the week.
In fact, the originally scheduled national game for tonight at 7 PM ET was the nightmarish Knicks-Nets matchup. Last month, ESPN made the decision to replace that dud with a much more appealing Clippers-Raptors game that will air tonight. At the time, Atlanta had barely started their 19 game winning streak and Hawks-Warriors wasn’t quite the must-see event it is today. And in case you were wondering, NBATV can’t air the game up against the national ESPN window.
So chalk it up to a bit of bad luck and the Hawks coming from out of nowhere in January. But if you want to see the best game of the NBA season, you’re going to have to work hard to search it out.