1 in 4 British think they could qualify for the 2028 Olympics if they started training now.

What sport would you qualify for if you started training today

• None of them

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Archery

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Badminton

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Table tennis

• 10m air rifle shooting

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Rowing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100m sprint

• Trampoline

• Shot put

• Cycle sprint

• Equestrian

• Golf

• Fencing

• Volleyball

• Basketball

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
This isnt as far fetched as you guys think, if all bills was covered and they only had a singular goal of getting into the olympics constant training with top coaches and professors can yield sucess, it isnt as far fetched, especially when its not sports like basketball that has a different factor to it,its very feasible

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Last year World Championships A chartered accountant made the GB track team for the world's and ran sub 10 sec time last year within 5 years of taking up the sport at 26.

Georgia Bell who won bronze in the Women's 1500m she basically had 5-6 year off from the track doing Cyber Security.

Amateur Cyclists got pro contracts by just riding Zwift bikes

There was a Tracy Cameron a Canadian Rower who won a bronze in 2008 Olympics didn't start rowing at 25 and was a World Champ within 5 years

:hubie:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Last year World Championships A chartered accountant made the GB track team for the world's and ran sub 10 sec time last year within 5 years of taking up the sport at 26.

Georgia Bell who won bronze in the Women's 1500m she basically had 5-6 year off from the track doing Cyber Security.

Amateur Cyclists got pro contracts by just riding Zwift bikes

There was a Tracy Cameron a Canadian Rower who won a bronze in 2008 Olympics didn't start rowing at 25 and was a World Champ within 5 years

:hubie:
Ray mercer started at age 23 and won the 1988 Olympics gold medal couple years after.
Very very rare individuals with crazy talent
Imagine breaking the 10 second barrier. Wonder what his sport background is. Obv genetics plays a role.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ray mercer started at age 23 and won the 1988 Olympics gold medal couple years after

In all honesty 1 in 4 isn't that bad really. I was expecting far worse like 1 in 3 or even 1 in 2. Maybe we're getting less arrogant :skip:

I know it's funny due to the arrogance (of the British) to think you can just do a sport and be an Olympian within 4 years. But that poll doesn't say anything about the voters athlete background or history is. Off that list Rowing Cycling Triathlon are the easiest 3 sports to make an Olympic team on. Gymnastics and Swimming are basically young people's sports that also require a certain type of physiology. Air Rifle and Archery require good hand eye coordination and motor skills. Look at Geena Davis she close to qualifying for the Olympics within 4 years. Finished 24th out of 300 people.

The axe murderer

Daps
In all honesty 1 in 4 isn't that bad really. I was expecting far worse like 1 in 3 or even 1 in 2. Maybe we're getting less arrogant :skip:

I know it's funny due to the arrogance (of the British) to think you can just do a sport and be an Olympian within 4 years. But that poll doesn't say anything about the voters athlete background or history is. Off that list Rowing Cycling Triathlon are the easiest 3 sports to make an Olympic team on. Gymnastics and Swimming are basically young people's sports that also require a certain type of physiology. Air Rifle and Archery require good hand eye coordination and motor skills. Look at Geena Davis she close to qualifying for the Olympics within 4 years. Finished 24th out of 300 people.
I guarantee you a lot of em don't have that strong of a background or just dabbled in it a bit. Ol "back in my day" ass dudes. A lot of people are delusional about their capabilities. Remember the poll about what animals you could beat in a fair one :hubie:
Way too many thought they taking on a bear:hubie:
Just see how many dudes step up to pro fighters for example to make a name for themselves. Not just in the UK but everywhere

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The outright delusion of some people.

The Olympics are a collection of the most elite people gathered over 4 years.

Yet 1/4 people think they'd qualify with a little training.

The fact people are voting table tennis in that reddit thread when there are people like this around :mjlol: :heh:

That goes to show the IQ people have.

The axe murderer

Daps

The fact people are voting table tennis in that reddit thread when there are people like this around :mjlol: :heh:

Even badminton which a lot are picking is a looooooot harder than people think. Even if you got a background the margins here vs the elites get bigger.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I read that the target in some of those air rifle events is waaaaaay smaller than you expect. The bullseye is .25 millimeters in diameter.

nikkas would be lucky to even hit the target let alone score decently.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Technically if you have dual citizenship and your parents country as an example are low on athletes you could represent them. The Women's 100m preliminary rounds you had women whose PBs in the 13+ range secs competing.

Eric Moussambani turned up to the Sydney Olympics without seeing an Olympic size swimming pool before.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I guarantee you a lot of em don't have that strong of a background or just dabbled in it a bit. Ol "back in my day" ass dudes. A lot of people are delusional about their capabilities. Remember the poll about what animals you could beat in a fair one :hubie:
Way too many thought they taking on a bear:hubie:
Just see how many dudes step up to pro fighters for example to make a name for themselves. Not just in the UK but everywhere

The confidence of human beings thinking they can be Batman without the Prep Time. :skip:

The axe murderer

Daps
The confidence of human beings thinking they can be Batman without the Prep Time. :skip:
main-qimg-d5d0ba85ad9ca9ba3bb6900aa3cf552d.webp

That mf superhuman:pachaha: