1) Close your eyes and imagine a RED STAR. 2) Open this thread.

What did you see in your minds eye?

• 1 - Darkness, everybody, Darkness!

• 2 - Faint outline

• 3 - Clear outline

• 4 - Solid greyscale

• 5 - Dim solid color

• 6 - Vivid solid red

Results are only viewable after voting.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Red Giant Star | Facts, Information, History & Definition

i imagined this
Same. I thought this was thtead was about to be a new James Webb telescope discovery.

I'm dissappointed as fukk.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
the three brehs who voted darkness probably have aphantasia

i feel so bad for y'all, you can't even visualize fukking a fine bytch :mjcry:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Are you into Kasina practices OP?
No, I prefer other methods of cultivation. Have you tried them before? If so what did you gain from the experience?

I actually can’t even describe what saw. I can’t see full shapes in my head or colors. It’s not black and white but it’s not colors. I see it without seeing it if that makes sense.

This is interesting. So your inner "picture" is darkness (Option 1) but you still intuit the shape of the star? What happens if you change it to a blue star? How do you map the corresponding shift without the visual cue?

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
I imagined a red traditional star shape against a black background and a literal red star in outer space simultaneously

:patrice:

@Complexion what does this mean brother

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Are we supposed to actually be trying to make ourselves see a red star in the darkness when we close our eyes:dahell:

Aint no way yall seen shyt:mjlol:

Thats exactly the point. Just because you can't see anything with your minds eye doesn't mean everyone else can't. Take a look at the poll, most people are visualizers on here and its generally the most common thing. Going by the scale that means they can imagine whatever they wish and see it as clear as real life with their eyes closed. 5s aren't as vivid. 4 just B&W etc..

I'm a 1 on that scale and yet I can still tell when I'm "seeing" something with my minds eye and thats what inspired the thread. Its very interesting how differently we're wired inside and this is a very intriguing part of it all.

@Complexion what does this mean brother

It offers interesting hints about hemispheric dominance of the brain as well as what could be speculatively linked to dreaming as people may be a 1 in terms of the the Red Star experiment and yet are full 6 with hyper vivid dreams. Its also intriguing that we are potentially wired differently within as most people think everyone thinks like them so it can be a surprise to see others live in a totally different world.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
No, I prefer other methods of cultivation. Have you tried them before? If so what did you gain from the experience?

This is interesting. So your inner "picture" is darkness (Option 1) but you still intuit the shape of the star? What happens if you change it to a blue star? How do you map the corresponding shift without the visual cue?

It’s pretty much the same whatever color I imagine. I can’t really see colors in my head no matter the color. I can think of it but can’t really see it. Maybe a flash of something that goes away real quick. And I don’t really see the shape of a star. I can just imagine a star in my head but it’s not a solid star. It’s not even close to a star. Like a few lines of some shyt that keep changing.