1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The best way to avoid fees is to either buy your crypto on Coinbase Pro and keep it there for a few days until they let you move it or buy something like XLM that has dirt cheap transaction fees. I'll deposit the money I intend on buying stuff with onto CB Pro, I think after like 3 to 5 days you can withdraw it without any transfer fee. It's not ideal for impulse buying, but if you have a plan and general strategy that includes regularly putting money there so you can pull the trigger when need be it's good.

If I want to get something right away and not pay gas fees I'll get it on KuCoin. I'll buy XLM on Coinbase and eat their fee (latest example, I bought 1000 worth of XLM, the fee was like $15, I hate it but yeah whatever) and send it to KuCoin for literally nothing.

After it's on KuCoin, sell the XLM for USDT and buy the coin you want. All of that movement costs you whatever Coinbase's cut is vs paying gas fees and getting wrecked.

My brother wanted to buy $50 worth of this coin called POOL the other night, he sent me a screenshot of the wallet fees. It gave him a MATIC option and an ETH option
:mjlol:

The ETH gas fee was $72 dollars, so it would have cost him $122 for $50 worth of the shyt he was buying. He ended up getting the MATIC version of course, but yeah... fukk that shyt brehs

Last edited:

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was watching a video and they were using - Live Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts & Portfolio | Live Coin Watch

Saw that site mentioned once on this forum.

It's just another live prices, portfolio tracker etc.

But I like it better than the others after playing around with the last hour. Much smoother, better layouts, options.

I do use CoinMarketCap to keep track of what my portfolio is doing but I think it's always good to have a backup, so will be using this one as well for tracking.

Just noticed you can simply click and drag categories around the order you want. They have a quality developer.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I love not only crypto but the community as well

shyts an addiction, I have made some amazing friends and connections :wow:

The money is good but the connections you make can really help you out

@satsdart got me into staking SB through avalanche and I’m earning nearly 20% ROI a day

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
For y’all brehs who use ku coin how do I know what the fees are, do they vary ?

i sent some Bitcoin from ku coin to Coinbase to cash out and that shyt took a chunk of my money.

I like using ku coin cause they have so many coins but damn if they gonna tax me like this gains damn near pointless

I guess I’m still not completely understanding gas fees

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

i sent some Bitcoin from ku coin to Coinbase to cash out and that shyt took a chunk of my money.

I like using ku coin cause they have so many coins but damn if they gonna tax me like this gains damn near pointless

Kucoin doesn't use gas fees. It's a centralized exchange. I think fees vary per coin.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

It depends on the coin, they charge you a number or % of coins when you withdraw/send them from the exchange.

I'm sure there's ways to mitigate this (like converting your BTC to a stablecoin before sending it back to Coinbase)

Daps

What percentage did it take? It will let you know how much they’re charging before you withdraw it.

I’ve always transferred the coin to usdc and have been charged $25 or $30 per withdrawal.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Kucoin doesn't use gas fees. It's a centralized exchange. I think fees vary per coin.

Yeah I just did some reading up on it the fees aren’t bad l guess I should only take big amounts and not a few hundred here and there. I will take like 200 and the hit is like 30 40 dollars

the problem is i don’t like leaving my money in the overseas exchanges. They might just change their rules one day and I can’t get my money since I don’t have a real verification it makes me nervous l. Don’t really feel like doing all the vpn shyt

Last edited:
Daps
Yeah I just did some reading up on it the fees aren’t bad l guess I should only take big amounts and not a few hundred here and there. I will take like 200 and the hit is like 30 40 dollars

the problem is i don’t like leaving my money in the overseas exchanges. They might just change their rules one day and I can’t get my money since I don’t have a real verification it makes me nervous l. Don’t really feel like doing all the vpn shyt

That’s the exact reason why I stopped nickel and diming transfers, sometimes it’s not worth it.

Daps
This gave me a chuckle as I can't stand this racist fukk.
IMG_4481.jpg

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The best way to avoid fees is to either buy your crypto on Coinbase Pro and keep it there for a few days until they let you move it or buy something like XLM that has dirt cheap transaction fees. I'll deposit the money I intend on buying stuff with onto CB Pro, I think after like 3 to 5 days you can withdraw it without any transfer fee. It's not ideal for impulse buying, but if you have a plan and general strategy that includes regularly putting money there so you can pull the trigger when need be it's good.

If I want to get something right away and not pay gas fees I'll get it on KuCoin. I'll buy XLM on Coinbase and eat their fee (latest example, I bought 1000 worth of XLM, the fee was like $15, I hate it but yeah whatever) and send it to KuCoin for literally nothing.

After it's on KuCoin, sell the XLM for USDT and buy the coin you want. All of that movement costs you whatever Coinbase's cut is vs paying gas fees and getting wrecked.

My brother wanted to buy $50 worth of this coin called POOL the other night, he sent me a screenshot of the wallet fees. It gave him a MATIC option and an ETH option
:mjlol:

The ETH gas fee was $72 dollars, so it would have cost him $122 for $50 worth of the shyt he was buying. He ended up getting the MATIC version of course, but yeah... fukk that shyt brehs

Gas fees are an issue when buying/selling a coin that's only on an ETH based Dex like Uniswap. Moving from exchange to wallet isn't that bad. It's the $300 fee to confirm/$400 fee to buy/sell that's ridiculous.

I just ignore ETH all together. It's just not worth it. The 300 you spend could be a 10x.

A reputable exchange will not keep your money. Binance abruptly added mandatory KYC and still allowed USA users to withdraw funds.