1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
another warning/horror story for anyone else still using hotbit or thinking on it

yes “no” exchange is safe...but some are a lot safer to use than others
I need to get a ledger, I have BTC on my binance account and rather not throw it in a hot wallet which maybe susceptible to a hack, I have reassurance that binance is mainstream and insured for that if things go sideways.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need to get a ledger, I have BTC on my binance account and rather not throw it in a hot wallet which maybe susceptible to a hack, I have reassurance that binance is mainstream and insured for that if things go sideways.

if you say so...to each their own tho...I’m not gonna make it seem like that’s “wrong”...for me tho part of the beauty of crypto was having full access/control over my funds...I use exchanges strictly to trade and never for storage...that way if I want to sell something and I hear one exchange is acting up then I have the option of selling it on another

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
if you say so...to each their own tho...I’m not gonna make it seem like that’s “wrong”...for me tho part of the beauty of crypto was having full access/control over my funds...I use exchanges strictly to trade and never for storage...that way if I want to sell something and I hear one exchange is acting up then I have the option of selling it on another
Yep. After I read up on the Mt.Gox hack and then during the 2017 run how some exchanges would act up and then temporarily disappear I got a ledger and never looked back.

he_is_I

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh/Cincinnati
That's a random azz coin to start with breh lol but damn that was my first introductory into actually hitting a lick from a shytcoin invested a lil over 1k which turned into 60k within a couple of weeks been hooked on em ever since :wow:.
I've sold all my OCTA but i see your in at quite a low point so you should be good to hold for a bit, since your so new i'd get something safe like ETH before goin down shytcoin avenue i got rug pulled last week on a pump and dump scheme where the dev just abandoned it.

I appreciate the input. Is ETH more for the long haul? I been hearin a lot about safemoon which got me interested.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yep. After I read up on the Mt.Gox hack and then during the 2017 run how some exchanges would act up and then temporarily disappear I got a ledger and never looked back.

Exactly if you can take your coins off these exchanges please do so...:manny: they would be better kept in your possession then on a foreign site that can be easily hacked and all your hardwork and money stolen... use these sites at your own leisure but have a backup plan...