1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They so butthurt and want to do everything they can to stop people from getting into crypto

somewhat...they want to control the market and dictate which cryptocurrencies you can buy...coinbase has aligned themselves w/ the facebook (libra) project...there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that projects listed on coinbase will be the premiere choice of cryptocurrencies for US citizens in the years to come

business_libra_partners.jpg

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So they can make their own US government approved versions :mjgrin: Go cop that Libra and that JP Morgan coin.

libra is a glorified stablecoin...it’s not meant to be an investment tool...it will have the same purchasing power as a dollar or w/e world currency it is aligned w/...no more no less...the advantage is you can transfer it much faster than traditional means of sending $$$...it’s the most basic use possible of a cryptocurrency but it’s being treated like “sliced bread” bcuz facebook is attached to it

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
libra is a glorified stablecoin...it’s not meant to be an investment tool...it will have the same purchasing power as a dollar or w/e world currency it is aligned w/...no more no less...the advantage is you can transfer it much faster than traditional means of sending $$$...it’s the most basic use possible of a cryptocurrency but it’s being treated like “sliced bread” bcuz facebook is attached to it

And more government oversight which is the point. The whole point of Bitcoin is that it’s supposed to replace the dominant global currency. I’m not saying it’s going to happen but that was the ethos of the project. Having company owned cryptos or bank owned cryptos would be like if Barnes & Noble bought Amazon or if Blockbuster brought Netflix and Red Box. None of those coins are going to live up to what they were designed for because there’s no way the government is going to allow a coin it’s endorsing or a coin controlled by a company subject to its laws and regulations to ever seriously threaten its own currency.

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And more government oversight which is the point. The whole point of Bitcoin is that it’s supposed to replace the dominant global currency. I’m not saying it’s going to happen but that was the ethos of the project. Having company owned cryptos or bank owned cryptos would be like if Barnes & Noble bought Amazon or if Blockbuster brought Netflix and Red Box. None of those coins are going to live up to what they were designed for because there’s no way the government is going to allow a coin it’s endorsing or a coin controlled by a company subject to its laws and regulations to ever seriously threaten its own currency.

I hear you...I don’t really care that much about the “philosophy” behind it as much as I care about lining my pockets...to each their own

---

Superstar
Daps
somewhat...they want to control the market and dictate which cryptocurrencies you can buy...coinbase has aligned themselves w/ the facebook (libra) project...there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that projects listed on coinbase will be the premiere choice of cryptocurrencies for US citizens in the years to come

business_libra_partners.jpg

fukk Facebook and there coin, no company can advertise coins on Facebook but they can launch the own coin. Pure bullshyt!

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk Facebook and there coin, no company can advertise coins on Facebook but they can launch the own coin. Pure bullshyt!

you’re behind the times...that ban was lifted quite some time ago once they knew this was in the works...plus if you read what I wrote again you’d make out the part where I said it was not an investment tool...therefore I can’t make $$$ from it and I’m not interested...you can be angry and turn a blind eye to it or be angry and use that to seek knowledge that can help you capitalize on it...I’ll always choose the latter

---

Superstar
Daps
you’re behind the times...that ban was lifted quite some time ago once they knew this was in the works...plus if you read what I wrote again you’d make out the part where I said it was not an investment tool...therefore I can’t make $$$ from it and I’m not interested...you can be angry and turn a blind eye to it or be angry and use that to seek knowledge that can help you capitalize on it...I’ll always choose the latter

Nope breh been part of few projects that can't advertise even now on Facebook. The ban was never lifted! It's still fukk Facebook and their coin.

---

Superstar
Daps
hey man I’m not tryna lead a horse to water

What does that statement even relate to! Sure it isn't relating to investment making ability cause if so I laughed at that!

As for your future projections of facebook coin usability, we will see how the decentralized community acts towards it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does that statement even relate to! Sure it isn't relating to investment making ability cause if so I laughed at that!

As for your future projections of facebook coin usability, we will see how the decentralized community acts towards it.

you didn’t understand anything I said...if you did you wouldn’t have used words like “projections” and “usability” but that’s ok...even better once you realize that...for the record tho can you articulate my “projections” re: facebook coin’s “usability”...? you can’t bcuz I never stated such...any details I offered re: libra were stated in the white paper...I have no predictions/interest past that

I can merely predict which cryptocurrencies will benefit from it and those are the ones I’ll invest in and I alluded to them in one of my earlier posts...that’s a discussion actually worth having...you insist on focusing on the wrong thing and dwelling on the “facebook coin”...I’m just trying to look beyond that...I honestly want to know can you offer anything beyond complaining about it as far as investment opportunities lie? I like honest discourse...not pointless back and forths...your next response will hopefully promote that or reinforce my previous post

Last edited: