[1/6/24] AEW Collision: FTR vs. House of Black, Eddie defends the Continental Classic belt

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I can't work out why the Continental Classic title is a thing that gets defended outside of the Continental Classic. You go through all that Round Robin just to lose it in 3 seconds? :wtf:

the way they are booking it is already bizarre. You had a group of guys busting their ass to win the new belt and instead of any of them getting the first crack at the new champ, they book a match with 4 lower card totally undeserving wrestlers which makes the belt seem lesser from the jump

first #1 contender for the belt shoulda been Brody King IMO since he beat Eddie in the tournament

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
I can't work out why the Continental Classic title is a thing that gets defended outside of the Continental Classic. You go through all that Round Robin just to lose it in 3 seconds? :wtf:
Yeah it’s weird. The CC should’ve been a trophy that you win and then you get a world title shot or something, like how King of the Ring was back in the day. Now they’ve got 4 men’s singles titles (5 if you count the FTW belt.) hanging around. That’s too many lol.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it’s weird. The CC should’ve been a trophy that you win and then you get a world title shot or something, like how King of the Ring was back in the day. Now they’ve got 4 men’s singles titles (5 if you count the FTW belt.) hanging around. That’s too many lol.
Yeah they need to elevate that title to be something prestigious for it to make sense for all these great wrestlers to want to be in it

Having the first defense of it being against Trent Beretta is the opposite of what is needed to be done.

And the three titles shouldn’t be defended separately. I thought the whole point of it being a Triple Crown championship was for the belts to be unified?

If they are going to be defended separately, does this mean potentially having three different wrestlers automatically make the C2 this year because they hold the belts?

And what if New Japan puts their belt that’s part of the Triple Crown on one of their guys, are they just going to loan him out to AEW for 6 weeks during the road to Wrestle Kingdom season? If they are, that’s a guarantee that no one that’s a top or near top guy for them is ever going to have the belt near the end of the year. I don’t want some midcard New Japan guy in the C2 when there are midcard AEW guys that should be in it instead.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
A mid card with zero hype going up against an NFL game with playoff ramifications, this show is about to die in the ratings tonight

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
FTR vs. HoB should be good. The rest is underwhelming, and I like everyone else on the card.
I like the Work Horseman and think they can be a top tag team if given the opportunity but that Sting match is gonna be a quick 5 minute squash…

Plus I gotta hear Flair cut a rambling ass promo…smh