1,300 Pilgrims Die in Intense Heat During Hajj Pilgrimage

voiture

Superstar
Daps
I'm watching the video of all these old women covered up from head to toe walking in the hot weather. The men at least do not have to fully covered up so that could be bearable.

Do you need to be a rocket scientist to know this is a recipe for disaster? I will bet majority of the dead are probably women.

Dead Americans are now making the news.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm watching the video of all these old women covered up from head to toe walking in the hot weather. The men at least do not have to fully covered up so that could be bearable.

Do you need to be a rocket scientist to know this is a recipe for disaster? I will bet majority of the dead are probably women.

SMH

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:damn:

allah would have to forgive me because i would be inside with AC and a fan blowing at me if i'm in saudi arabia.
Depending on the Hajj package you have, people had fans, umbrellas, etc to keep cool. But you need to have resources. Vast majority of these pilgrims who passed were mostly poor and couldn't afford the Saudi visa permit so they opted for travel agencies that cut the prices in half. Using their life savings.

Once they got to Mecca, they were left to fend for themselves.

Women have always been covered head to toe during Hajj or Umrah forever, what are you saying?

During these conditions, many wore brighter colors like white instead of black.

The big issue is not enough medics, not enough water, and not enough cooling areas by the Saudis this year.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not a good look but Saudi never really cared about optics... this probably isn't close to the highest death toll over the years for Hajj... I remember one year there was a stampede and thousands died mostly Iranians and the anger and blame was well you can imagine....

on the flip side I'm pretty sure they just spent a billion dollar recently on branding and a global travel campaign so this news will be untimely