[1/17/24] AEW Dynamite/Rampage: RIP Jay; Three titles on the line; Joe vs. HOOK commercial free; Oh My God is that Private Party?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Rampage card for tomorrow

GEGuOyiWMAAfLWv

• Dap
Reactions: AVO

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Aight, I appreciated the 9 minute blitz that was the World Title Match… but I am one of those people that was not feeling Hook kicking out of the Musclebuster at 1. :francis:

I get that there’s context with Joe’s (in)actions immediately after hitting and this was basically a Hook showcase in so many words (kinda like how ECW had Taz give guys Paul E saw something in a similarly ran match to show them off a bit before he choked them out).

That particular spot just wasn’t for me personally

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Aight, I appreciated the 9 minute blitz that was the World Title Match… but I am one of those people that was not feeling Hook kicking out of the Musclebuster at 1. :francis:

I get that there’s context with Joe’s (in)actions immediately after hitting and this was basically a Hook showcase in so many words (kinda like how ECW had Taz give guys Paul E saw something in a similarly ran match to show them off a bit before he choked them out).

That particular spot just wasn’t for me personally
I feel the same
Especially because, for better or worse, the Muscle Buster is a move that has ended a noteworthy wrestler's career. It was a mess up and we never want to hinge too much on shoot injury but... it's something that we know. It should be protected like the Burning Hammer - not just because of it's history, but because that history should make you inclined to throw it out less, not more.

Shoulda been a uranage that got the 1 kickout. Could have even told the story that, after the one on the table, Hook wasn't about to get folded for real on something he's already had done to him. Could have been a character wrinkle on some 'fool me once, fool me twice' shyt.

It was too much offense for him. I get the point but it probably shoulda been 7 minutes at most. Not a knock on Hook, but this was Joe's first title defense, and the visuals of their size difference... nah. This either needed to be a month out and Joe shoulda folded Chuck Taylor or something in sub-3 minutes for his first defense, or this needed to be way shorter.