"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
ethnic diversity isn't the same as phenotypical diversity when the tribes are closely related

West+Africa.png

East_Africa.png

I CLEARLY stated that the ethicities have their OWN unique look. A Fulani, a Tuareg and a Mande has their own distant look.

Second I don't understand why you posted that admixture graph for. I don't know what you're trying to get at or how it addresses Mali vs Sudan.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
the nba players aren't exactly flooded with money before entering the nba:gucci:

half afram

step curry has upper south roots in Virginia. Places like Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina are different from places like Mississippi, Florida and South Carolina.

noone claimed that...what I said is that they're the only country who can even attempt to cover the full range of aframs because of hybridization from dark to light. Not that they actually looked alike.

But you can't compare the level of poverty those soccer players came from, with NBA players. Take the two Nigerian players - Danny shyttu and dikkson Etuhu - who're raised in the UK out of it and you can easily find Aframs that look like them. Danny shyttu for example looks like a young Shaquille O'Neal. And you'd see Aframs that look like dikkson Etuhu.

Andre Iguodala actually has very strong Nigerian features and he's one of the Nigerians you would see and know he's Nigerian without people telling you where he's from. So, whatever phenotype you think his AA mom has, had no bearing on his phenotype.

Mike Vick and Kam Chancellor are from Virginia. How come they look like the average West African?

Anyway, the argument is redundant.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Western Sudanic kingdoms were huge centers of commerce/trade. Anyone who thinks African Ethnic groups lack a range in diverse looks is pretty much an idiot. At this point you can't even really take the opinion someone has on Africa serious unless they are from the place they are speaking on or visited the continent. Lotta dudes are ignorant to the point it's comical.

No. We're talking about Mali[Western Sudan] vs Sudan[Eastern Sudan]. Not all of Afrca. @IllmaticDelta doesn't believe that Mali and surrounding areas does not have the phenotypic range similar to that of the Sudan. Mali arguably has more because they do not lack the Niger-Congo/Bantu esque phenotype.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I CLEARLY stated that the ethicities have their OWN unique look. A Fulani, a Tuareg and a Mande has their own distant look.

Second I don't understand why you posted that admixture graph for. I don't know what you're trying to get at or how it addresses Mali vs Sudan.

Once again what is your point?

because it relates to who they border on a larger scale when it comes to phenotypes/level of diversity

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No. We're talking about Mali[Western Sudan] vs Sudan[Eastern Sudan]. Not all of Afrca. @IllmaticDelta doesn't believe that Mali and surrounding areas does not have the phenotypic range similar to that of the Sudan. Mali arguably has more because they do not lack the Niger-Congo/Bantu esque phenotype.

At this point dudes are trying to argue things they are ignorant to. Until breh visits Africa I`m not sure why you are even taking him serious as some expert on the Continent. lol

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
At this point dudes are trying to argue things they are ignorant to. Until breh visits Africa I`m not sure why you are even taking him serious as some expert on the Continent. lol

Africans IN Africa talk about specific features to certain African ethnic groups all the time.

Heck, I had a convo with my friends who have been all over the continent and without giving my opinion they spoke like it was fact that there was distinct differences phenotypically that you could usually tell who was who.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@IllmaticDelta

...Anyway, I'll reply the excerpts in your post and @Akan 's post on the percentage of slaves on a later date.

That is fine. I look forward to it. I will just reemphasize to you that not every slave that came through the Bight of Biafara (now known as the Bight of Bonny) was Igbo or even Nigerian. The Bight of Biafara extended all the way from Nigeria down to Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, but many of the slaves shipped from Biafara were clearly from Cameroon. In fact there was a slave fort in Cameroon called Bimbia.

"...Africans from the Bight of Biafra region (Nigeria, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, and Gabon) comprised of the largest group (40%) forcibly transported to Virginia ports during the transatlantic slave trade. Recent research by Dr. Lisa Aubrey and her team uncovered 166 slave ships from Cameroon... ."

http://rootsrevealed.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-tikar-people-of-cameroon.html

Gulf_of_Guinea_%28English%29.jpg

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Africans IN Africa talk about specific features to certain African ethnic groups all the time.

Heck, I had a convo with my friends who have been all over the continent and without giving my opinion they spoke like it was fact that there was distinct differences phenotypically that you could usually tell who was who.

never met an African who has had this goofy ass convo but more power to your friends :pachaha:

Avg person I know typically goes by Name & Accent to see where someone is from, thats for West Africans though, them other folks have nothing to do with me

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Look up "Igbo nose" or "Ghanian head shape" just as two examples and educate yourself then

Why do I need to use the Internet when I have friends and family from the Continent? Nobody has this goofy ass convo in real life.
:mjlol:

Like I said someone giving you their name will tell you their ethnicity.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
because it relates to who they border on a larger scale when it comes to phenotypes/level of diversity
This doesn't even make sense... First you bring up phenotype range and now you're bringing up admixture in groups bordering Sudan. Phenotypic range in an area=/=admixture. If that was the case then it would ring true for Nigeria who Southern Nigerians with a long history with Fulanis still do not have any Western Atlantic/Berber admixture. And admixture=/=phenotype. And most of the admixture you listed for East Africa was not recent but during prehistoric times when there wasn't even much phenotypic diversity. This is especially true for the Nilo-Saharan speakers.

MORE importantly the admixture grapth you posted does not address the group of West Africans I was talking about who were INTERMEDIATE between North and Southern West Africa.

THIS is what I am talking about... 52,4% of mtDNA H in Mali, 22,5% in Burkina Faso. That clear signs of different groups coming in even ancestry from outside Africa. This is from the intermediate groups I was talking about that surround Mali like Niger, Senegal and Burkina Faso.