Ya Personal TOP 10 Classic Rap Albums

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Every post on here has illmatic when in reality i bet maybe one song is on your "most played" list on your phone or desktop.

The topic is "classic" albums not "most preferred" or "most liked"

And nah, I listen to Illmatic straight through multiple times a year and pretty considerably compared to most albums. Nas showed nikkaz "how" to rap.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Every post on here has illmatic when in reality i bet maybe one song is on your "most played" list on your phone or desktop.

I can't speak for others, but if I could look that up (I listen to 99% of my music in the car/at the gym) Halftime, Life's A bytch and Represent would all be WAY up the list.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
No Mixtapes

It Was Written - Nas
The Fix - Scarface
Resurrection - Common
Supreme Clientele - Ghostface
ATLiens - OutKast
Soul Food - Goodie Mob
A Piece of Strange - CunninLynguists
The Ecstatic - Mos Def
MadVillainy - MF DOOM+Madlib
Dah Shinin - Smiff n Wessun

Madvilliany, Soul Food and The Fix are definitely deserving.

The Ecstatic :huhldup:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
LOL what the fukk does that mean

The same way The Bible or a Shakespeare play is a classic piece of literature that influenced everything after, the same applies to Illmatic. You not listening to it has nothing to do with it being THE undisputed classic.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The same way The Bible or a Shakespeare play is a classic piece of literature that influenced everything after, the same applies to Illmatic. You not listening to it has nothing to do with it being THE undisputed classic.
Your PERSONAL. TOP TEN classic rap albums.

As in...the ten albums you like most. Your ten classics should be albums you always go back to. I find the constant listing of illmatic first as suspet because its arguably not even nas' best lyrically.

Dont try to school me on illmatic kiddo, i bought it in early 95 with SNOW SHOVEL MONEY and bout iww on release date.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Your PERSONAL. TOP TEN classic rap albums.

As in...the ten albums you like most. Your ten classics should be albums you always go back to. I find the constant listing of illmatic first as suspet because its arguably not even nas' best lyrically.

Dont try to school me on illmatic kiddo, i bought it in early 95 with SNOW SHOVEL MONEY and bout iww on release date.

"bought"

Well then if it's personal, why you challenging people because it gets listed a lot? Sound like a contradiction.

Illmatic aint his best lyrically but it sounds better and has WAY LESS filler than IWW.

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My most recently played music is by new nikkaz like kendrick, gucci, migos, scooter, mill, joey badass, asap mobb, etc... you get it....

It doesn't mean all my top favorite personal classics was made by them... I haven't listened to illmatic in maybe 6 months but I know every song word by word... n its still my favorite rap album of all time...

I made this thread cuz I listened to its dark n hell is hot today at the gym n I remembered its been years since I could listen to a whole album without skippin a song... So I went back home n started goin' thru my CD collection n dug out all the classic albums that I could listen to from start to finish without skippin' tracks. That is why I said personal favorites... I dont give a fukk if a nikka come in here postin' souljaboys or lil bs albums.... its what they like my nikka...

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
"bought"

Well then if it's personal, why you challenging people because it gets listed a lot? Sound like a contradiction.

Illmatic aint his best lyrically but it sounds better and has WAY LESS filler than IWW.
I'm challenging it because people often seem FORCED to list illmatic so their "real hip hop" card doesnt get revoked.

The constant listing in this threads first replies shined a light on that to me.

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm challenging it because people often seem FORCED to list illmatic so their "real hip hop" card doesnt get revoked.

The constant listing in this threads first replies shined a light on that to me.
Im 25 years old n the first time I listened to illmatic was back in 2001 when Nas made that comeback... Its my favorite album because I couldn't believe a nikka was rappin' like that back in 94, the album painted a picture it showed what NYC was like in the 90s, the beats, the concepts, Nas flow... You can say its the same for Ready to Die, Untouchable n 7 day theory... I wasnt into hip hop like that when those albums dropped cause I was a lil kid but it also doesnt mean a young nikka can't appreciate them for the classics they are...

Im no hip hop scholar but I fukk with a lotta old school shyt nikkaz my age dont know exist... Don't derail my thread with pointless shyt my nikka, u should be givin' us ya top 10 instead

EDIT: my bad breh, you did post ya lista had not seen it, dope top ten