Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You assume it will breh lol we been over this. For my money, they've had two major misses with the main x men movies. 2 misses in 17 years is a good record so I can't get with the whole "they're going to make a bad movie" thing. Now I do question this decision in particular just because Kinberg is a first time director and this is a lot to throw at him even though he's produced damn near every movie in the series and learned from a lot of people. But for the most part, I'm happy with the movies

youre speaking for YOURSELF! Youre not speaking for ME!
them shyts was trash! Im sorry! it was cool when i was going to the flix all amped up.
but Im older now. Them shyts havent held up well AT ALL!
sorry!
and this shyt has NATHAN to do with Disney/Marvel cause I BEEN felt like that for some time now!
now they wanna wreck Jim Lees perfect X-Men shyt?
:cambyaiplease:

lets remember the film is only set in 1991 . the start of the Jim Lee run .... the phoenix saga is actually from the 80s.... but I assume we gonna get pieces of the animated saga for this

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lets remember the film is only set in 1991 . the start of the Jim Lee run .... the phoenix saga is actually from the 80s.... but I assume we gonna get pieces of the animated saga for this

Don't assume anything when it comes to animated series. A lot of times they do the easy work for these cats but they don't pull from them. Spider man 3 laid out the perfect way to do the black costume shyt...Sam wanted to to his own thing. Also, these cartoons are touch stones for us but a lot of these directors were already in college or in their late 20s when that shyt was popping off so they don't even think of them when they think of the x men.

If anything, setting it in 91 gives you a visual template and inspires you to probably do the Lee era costumes (which have popped up in recent x men comics) but the actual story itself will still be adapted from the comics

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think the way Apocalypse ended set it up for all that and will probably be traditional x men tropes, Apocalypse's issues went beyond writing and directing and everything else. ultimately it just felt like everyone involved wanted to make days of future past again and you can't pull that trick twice.

Also, the benefit of them doing time jumps is the characters get to age so yeah Jean is new in...83 or 84 but now she's been on the team for 7 or 8 years if it takes place in 91
And now, again the assumption, would be you'd have more of the brotherhood now but thats just an assumption. As a film geek I'm interested to see what a first time director does with it though and where his head is at. He knows he's gotta wash apocalypse out systems lol so hopefully he's been busting his ass in pre production to do that, along with whatever he learned by producing Logan

You got it homie lol. Didn't mean to light a fuse. I respect that tho.

I agree .. Apocalype's ending set up the phoenix saga ... but she been with the team what a month .... and with this in 91 and apocalypse 84 .. that's 7 years of off screen phoenix / jean antics that we must have for backstory...

and if she was still around after apocalypse what event gonna happen for he to sacrifice herself cause that really wasn't a sacrifice

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
the fact that you have to "guess" what theyre gonna do or try to do is BAD!
they cant (for whatever reason) just follow the source material. and its sad
but im on my "Disney Whining Whatever" shyt cause I want legit comic book fliks!
:francis:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Don't assume anything when it comes to animated series. A lot of times they do the easy work for these cats but they don't pull from them. Spider man 3 laid out the perfect way to do the black costume shyt...Sam wanted to to his own thing. Also, these cartoons are touch stones for us but a lot of these directors were already in college or in their late 20s when that shyt was popping off so they don't even think of them when they think of the x men.

If anything, setting it in 91 gives you a visual template and inspires you to probably do the Lee era costumes (which have popped up in recent x men comics) but the actual story itself will still be adapted from the comics

I really was hoping the black costume would span 2 films ... the later 45 minutes of film 1 he's in the suit like this is dope and the end scene he's like this suit aint healty... then the beginning 30-45 of film 2 he's trying to get it off but cant

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree .. Apocalype's ending set up the phoenix saga ... but she been with the team what a month .... and with this in 91 and apocalypse 84 .. that's 7 years of off screen phoenix / jean antics that we must have for backstory...

and if she was still around after apocalypse what event gonna happen for he to sacrifice herself cause that really wasn't a sacrifice

No clue. Much like x men comics, i don't get caught up in the continuity of the x men movies. I refuse to go cross eyed. They changed the past and the future already by going back in time so basically everything that happens now has happened differently. They don't have to lead up to the 2000 flick anymore because shyt is different...i think:russ:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
the fact that you have to "guess" what theyre gonna do or try to do is BAD!
they cant (for whatever reason) just follow the source material. and its sad
but im on my "Disney Whining Whatever" shyt cause I want legit comic book fliks!
:francis:

I only assumed that because Mr singer expressed his love for the Animated series.. so I assume he would use those stories/plot points more so than the comic book ... but technically both the comics and show would be "source" material

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No clue. Much like x men comics, i don't get caught up in the continuity of the x men movies. I refuse to go cross eyed. They changed the past and the future already by going back in time so basically everything that happens now has happened differently. They don't have to lead up to the 2000 flick anymore because shyt is different...i think:russ:

im talking this new trilogy .. not the old movies...
in Apocalypse they just found Jean .. I say it was '84 because they went to see return of the jedi in theaters .. (I think it was rotj)... if this new film is set in 91 .. that's 7 years after the events of Apocalypse... this has nothing to do with the old movies or timelines... its about what place these 3 ... now 4 films are in a "place"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What really saddens me about Apocalypse is that it should have been awesome. Had it been less bloated and focused on the right characters (Storm, Cyclops), it could have crushed the buildings. An X-men movie set in the actual 1980s should be a classic in every sense of the word. You even have a character who literally wears their sunglasses at night :wow:

I know a lot of cats like to romanticize the 90's because the cartoon was hot, but real talk, the late 70's/early 80s were always the true golden age of the X-men.

I'm really worried about this new Dark Phoenix flick. I don't think they've learned their lesson from Apocalypse, but I'd like to be wrong on this. And I'm not even saying they have to give the rights back to Disney.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
im talking this new trilogy .. not the old movies...
in Apocalypse they just found Jean .. I say it was '84 because they went to see return of the jedi in theaters .. (I think it was rotj)... if this new film is set in 91 .. that's 7 years after the events of Apocalypse... this has nothing to do with the old movies or timelines... its about what place these 3 ... now 4 films are in a "place"

Yeah you're right. So yeah you gotta fill in 7 years worth of backstory, which can be done but you gotta be really talented to pull it off and this is a first time dude...idk if he's got the chops

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I only assumed that because Mr singer expressed his love for the Animated series.. so I assume he would use those stories/plot points more so than the comic book ... but technically both the comics and show would be "source" material
We''ll see
Im can make the PERFECT X-Men script for everyone if I had the time
Its not hard
None of this is hard.
They make it hard!
Cause its Hollyweird!
I recently just watched a movie where HIGHLY capable and skilled asian warriors coulda smashed the shyt out some lame ass lizards.
But needed Matt fukkin Damon to save them!
:martin:

Lets stop playing dumb here ppl

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
We''ll see
Im can make the PERFECT X-Men script for everyone if I had the time
Its not hard
None of this is hard.
They make it hard!
Cause its Hollyweird!
I recently just watched a movie where HIGHLY capable and skilled asian warriors coulda smashed the shyt out some lame ass lizards.
But needed Matt fukkin Damon to save them!
:martin:

Lets stop playing dumb here ppl

now we on a topic I have questions about ...

what drives a good movie ... the writer or the director .... every talking about patty on WW ... because its her vision .. but what about the script... same goes for whenever big name directors are on something...

can a director turn a lousy script into a good movie and can they destroy a great script....

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

what drives a good movie ... the writer or the director .... every talking about patty on WW ... because its her vision .. but what about the script... same goes for whenever big name directors are on something...

can a director turn a lousy script into a good movie and can they destroy a great script....
Aren't scripts just treated as guidelines a lot of times? I think writers are considered last.
Scenes are changed while shooting, scenes are left out due to editing, and of course producers have a say pre-production, during shooting and post.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Yup both ways. A great director can elevate a meh script or even do their own rewrites on it and a bad director can take something great on paper and just make it crappy. Patty gets the props on WW because she collaborated with her writer along with Snyder, and this is the vision they carved out. So while its not completely on par with what the homie James Gunn does with guardians or Tarantino where they write it and direct it, they still oversee every aspect of the project. Much like Sam Mendes gets credit for what he did on Skyfall even though he didn't write it. He helped shape the script and the story ideas in the beginning and worked with the team to get it to where he wanted it.