X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Fell asleep on the scene where Quicksilver & Mystique rolled up on Magneto :russell:

From what I saw of it, the movie was ok. Nothing great, reminded me of the first X-Men movie. Dude who played Cyclops did a great job and was one of the saving graces of the movie. I also liked that scene with Magento's daughter and the birds.
Wished they wouldn't of killed her off :ehh:
But other than that, I can see what most peoples criticisms were with the flick. shyt was long and dull in spots. The Quicksilver at the mansion scene didn't do anything for me. They tried too hard to do it just like DOFP. I also couldn't stand the actress who played Jean. I don't know if it was her looks or her acting, but she just flat out annoyed me :scust:

And :dead: at the lack of aging from the characters. Wasn't FC like 20 years ago in this universe? :mjlol:

How you go from this
latest

to this in 20 years :mjlol:
X-Men-Apocalypse-7.jpg

but then to this 17 years later :what:
MV5BNWUyZDBkOTMtYzMyMC00YzhjLWExN2MtMGFlMzBhYzJiODU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1__SX1217_SY827_.jpg
:russ:

I know right, I was doing the calculations in my head, like i think he's supposed to be in his 40's in the 1980s and he should be in his 70s in the present day!? :what:

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This movie is as good a memorial day summer popcorn movie meets a gateway cover graphic novel re-write.
ready made for movie source material as you could possibly get.

Only phoney part is psylocke's amplified psy-knife conviently becoming wonder woman's lasso of truth but never psyionically causing any damage.
Nor used as a psyionic attack against apocalypse.

Other than that it gave a great showing of real xmen team battle strategy and dynamics.
Incredible poignant ode to the source material days of future past re-wrote timeline changes. That even includes why Logan is so enamored with jean/phoenix. The re-establishing of the phoenix as a massive force within the mutant mythos/cinema universe on fox. The chance to finally see xavier's school rebuilt using mutant powers. An ode to the extinction agenda jim lee havoc cover, when striker jays down on the Xavier grounds. The marvel swerve left from the atypical cliche my parent is the final resolution using dc dynamic of batman v supes.

Plus, the continued excellence of Piotr, to singlehandidly steal the entire movie.
Yet the movie still stays at the high quality of the quiksilver moment.
The morphing and Achilles heel telepathy of transforming apocalypse into shadow king. Including, an excellent re-working of storm and the new Gen mixes with the old to explain Xavier being severly crippled again by the shadow king now apocalyspe.
Which also touches on the Xavier mind wipe and the original team that died leading to the international based xmen team that debuted in giant size xmen.
Plus the setup of onslaught, Logan as the berserker, storm, arc angel. Including exactly nailing the pacing and sequence mixed with light hearted outing turned adventures. Including the setup of havoc, sh'iar galaxy, the other summers brother, corsair and the starjammers. So, fox managed to not fukk this up and for a villain like apocalypse that I hate. They made him reasonable and not skeletor in the heman live action movie corny because of loe quality dialogue .

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Man Magneto was underused in this movie, 1st he has been the strongest and most ruthless in the new trilogy and then you have Apocalypse grant him his full abilities but he really does nothing the scene in the woods was gutter!

But yeah as far as superhero movies this is sitting at #2 right now.

Magneto was ripping apart civilization minerla by mineral breh. WHILE HE held the magnetic force field at the same time.

He was doing everything to his power level and making it smooth and easy

[/SPOILER

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
fukk Singer for this shyt, real talk wow :snoop:

The X-Men get their costumes (the white/blue suits from the trailer) at the end of the movie

This nikka sucks

They never technically ever get xmen suits.
If someone told you that they lied and in the scene in which they mention it is the same pix from the close scene of the trailer and not a real unveil viewing like Rambo, the crow or batman did to make iconic costume moments.
That was the only bad issue with the movie.
Yet the pacing and circumstance of the story created a good environment.
That you will look over the Rambo, gets suited up scene not being present.
or made to be worth more value wise on screen ..

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I think I should see gods of Egypt and see if Hollywood just took the Egyptian theme.
they always get wrong and see if they applied that to this film.
From the reviews, it seems critics got the movie.
critics tried to tell fanboys to be glad they got the movie made.
So, just be grateful you get a compromise of the greatest source material for film ever written and grin bear and like it..
Then, they have a bad review.

Critics who spew all this I know what general fans want.
are why these movies suck as much as the art film houses trying to revenue grab the public with their creative revenue grab antics.
That deviate from the source material when fukkin lord of the ring s already showed to just follow the source material.

Art Barr

If they never tried to revenue grab we would not be in this awkward place.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nah....Wolverine need the X-Men's star power after those last two flicks that came out with his name on it.

The best wolverine performance.
We all been begging for to occur on film is here and it occurs in the proper mythos in this film universe.
To explain two consistent main plot devices and why jean was so coveted by Scot, Xavier and Logan.
This movie does a lot of good as far as re-aligning and streamlining key character points and plot points.
That were lost in the rattner xiii.

This movie plausibly builds on a number of key xmen mechanic plot lines and origin device must haves.
for the essence of the xmen to materialize and be a constant quality and content barometer moving forward.

Singer has to stay on cause he is ultimately the only weirdo in the fox system.
Who has and can make sense of the cluster fukk that was xmen III. Singer is re-righting the ship with excellent plot devices and re-writes and should be given more praise.
for fixing the franchise rattner and fox broke going for a trilogy revenue grab on xmen III.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Think of it this way, he was the JJ Dillion of the Horsemen. He gave them all a pep talk and an power upgrade but he didn't really do anything.

Apocalypse was always a worthless xfactor 80's cheap mutant massacre style villain.
Especially after the first encounter and the destruction of ship.
People only like apocalypse out of post 96 readership or cartoon viewership, in general.

Plus putting apocalypse in this so early ruins the ability to use time travel to fox this shyt later on as well.
So, the choice to use apocalypse was poor as well.
Despite that, and the shortcomings quality wise of apocalypse in general.
This movie actually works as a memorial day popcorn box office blockcuster and revenue grab.
Based on gaining a pop from post 1996 marvel fanboys.
All fanboys who missed out on quality xmen creators submissions.
So, this movie already has an element of fail quality wise from the premise and villain selections.
Outside of that this movie still works via what fox has setup and had critics say they like about this rebooted franchise.
Plus, adds all the main xmen plot devices to create the human social experience and adventure feel.
found in the xmen's hookey based adventures from the Xavier home school compound extensively sheltered existence and life.

Art Barr

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This movie absolutely destroyed that Civil War bullshyt
UNDEROOOS! :russ:

A week later and not a single dap or consign for this post.

:mjlol:
(I wanted to quote one of the xmen characters in response to his underoos line but none of them got any lines.)

Storm "...."
Pylocke "...."

:russ:
This movie sucked.