WWE Superstars that played College Sports

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1146369205.jpg

Lou attended Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains, New York, where he competed in track and field, and finally rose to the position of captain of the football team. It was this rank that later inspired his wrestling moniker, "Captain" Lou Albano.His skills were such that he received 32 offers of full scholarship from universities around the country, and he chose the University of Tennessee on the strength of their football team. Here, Albano was teammates with the likes of Darris McCord, Doug Atkins, and his roommate, Sam Rutigliano. Albano had conflicts with the dean due to poor behavior and was expelled after attempting to cheat on a final exam. He then joined the army, but due to a childhood injury exacerbated by his football days, Albano was honorably discharged after only eight months.

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
full

Southern Methodist University, o-line

Mongo McMichael
full

University of Texas at Austin, d-line

Daps
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
full

Southern Methodist University, o-line

Was this during the Pony Express days, before they got the Death Penalty dropped on them? I wonder how much money he pocketed from boosters. (Also, Hacksaw was CUTE back in the day. I would have let him holler at the tailgate.)

Last edited:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Long retired, but Ernie Ladd deserves mention too. In fact he was simultaneously a star in both pro football and pro wrestling, a feat that I think doesn't get enough praise (Imagine being on Monday Night football in the fall and Monday Night raw post Mania through June).

Big Van Vadehhh

WHO'S THE MANNNNN??!! WOOOFFWOOUGHH
Daps
Reppin
THE COLLARAHDAH ROCKIES
Was this during the Pony Express days, before they got the Death Penalty dropped on them? I wonder how much money he pocketed from boosters. (Also, Hacksaw was CUTE back in the day. I would have let him holler at the tailgate.)
:leon: not that surprised by this comment:whoa:let me explain, on legends house they went to the bowling alley and played against some female senior team and them ol biddies were swoonin over duggan:salute::heh: