women in and of the 90's >>>>>>>> women now

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
That's because they couldn't afford half the shyt they can now. Don't let those pictures fool you. Once a lot of them got money, or access to it from their man, they wore weaves(not really wigs like now), a lot of make up, and do the trickery like is done now with the waist trainers, and bra lifts.

Stuff now is cheaper, and available at regular stores, so more people are able to do what was done by only a few back then. I was there, and remember the women. The looks may have been different, but the thought process is still the same.

That is very true and I'll give you that. But at least they "looked" more natural. Everything now is so exaggerated. The makeup, bodies, hair, etc etc etc. I know plenty of people back in the 90's had cosmetic surgeries and such just like many do today… just many people didn't know about it. Women have also been wearing makeup and corsets for ages so that is nothing new either… but social media and the internet have made a new wave out of it. I just feel like even though it's not truly"natural" beauty it's still a lot better than the instathots and celebrities that we have now.

Last edited:

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
slide_413498_5232838_free.jpg

np042715_mariahcarey_article.jpg

90s Mariah is when she achieved #GodTier as far as looks. We not even gon speak on her career.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is very true and I'll give you that. But at least they "looked" more natural. Everything now is so exaggerated. The makeup, bodies, hair, etc etc etc. I know plenty of people back in the 90's had cosmetic surgeries and such just like many do today… just many people didn't know about it. Women have also been wearing makeup and corsets for ages so that is nothing new either… but social media and the internet have made a new wave out of it. I just feel like even though it's not truly" natural' beauty it's still a lot better than the instathots and celebrities that we have now.
I agree, but I do like that more women are able to give that superficial look, because it gives me that feeling that I need to conquer the chick. Not in a negative way, just that I need to win her over being that she is the type that commands attention. Women who are into looks a lot just want a lot of attention, so if I have her wanting MY attention, it gives a certain feeling nothing else can give.

If I can get a chick who can do the "over the top looks" shyt, but also be a plain Jain, I would be in heaven. Free from 106&park is the perfect example of this. Sometimes she would get all dolled up, and other times she would have her afro, and just look like a nice regular chick. The different looks help me see her differently, and keeps me attracted to her physically without getting bored.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The thing is women in the 80's and 90's didn't do so much to their bodies, maybe a lift here or a tuck there, but none of them looked like wannabe Jessica Rabbits or whatever. I mean think about it most of those women from the 90's still look real good in their 40's and early 50's. Can you say that about any of these instagram broads who turn 28?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Call me old, but I think the 90s dress game for women (especially the shoes) was much sexier. Flats and and Uggs and funky gladiator sandals are not sexy.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
GIF-Not-impressed.gif

feel like I'm supposed to appreciate 'realer' bodies even though genetically curvy women exist everywhere so....
giphy.gif