Will Black Panther 2 suffer from the sequel curse

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn't have to make the same amount of money lol. People are already setting up the narrative that if the sequel doesn't make at least the same amount or more than it will be a flop. Ultron made less than Avengers 1, production on the franchise didn't stop and the sky didn't fall. BP2 will make money, it may not reach the highs of the first(very few movies do), but it will make money especially if it's a damn good movie.

Ultron was trash. :what:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Coogler wanted to bring in Kraven the Hunter but Sony wanted save him for Spider-Man.........hmmmm.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
To be fair, Captain America has been the most accurate and enjoyable. They didn't have Steve spouting out one liners or trying to do his best impersonation of RDJ, so that helped.

Thor 2 was better than the first, but that's due to the focus being on Loki, Hiddelston is a beast.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SO far no marvel movie has lived up to sequel expectations.

Iron Man 2
GOTG 2
Thor 2
AOU

Winter Soldier was the only sequel that was better than the original, but the first Captain America was meh, so the bar was low.

Then there's the question of when it will be released :mjpls:

I think it will hopefully be released in on the date in purple. It was originally supposed to be released during November last year, so that would be 3 years in between the two. They would be crazy to wait until the date in red :scusthov: (even though Dr. Strange, should get a sequel first and they might slot that for him :snoop:) So it will probably be released in the date in brown. :manny:

May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie
July 31, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie 2
November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie 3
May 7, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Movie 4
July 31, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Movie 5
November 5, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Movie 6
February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Movie 7
May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Movie 8
July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Movie 9

I think it gets that May 7th slot unless Ryan is held up or doesn't want to do it again.

Money-wise, its hard to tell. I think it should stay in the same range as the first but I do think it won't be as critically received as the first, just for the fact the novelty will wear off and critics won't wait to find any little thing to nitpick about.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Doom dying?:mjlol:

I like the idea of Black Panther facing off against Doom. I think if they do it right it can be dope and different than the first film.

Doom's more cerebral than Killmonger (no knock to Erik though). His plan was to infiltrate Wakanda from inside whereas Erik flipped Wakanda on its head from the gate. And the fact that he used Vibranium to make himself a cosmic level magician is kinda dope. This makes it different enough from movie one to not be a repeat of what we already saw. But upon further reading, I didn't like that T'Challa was forced to destroy the Vibranium, that Wakanda ended up broke, that the Panther God basically let Doom take over and that Doom didn't get murked out after causing all that carnage. But.....I do think if they just changed the ending, it would be a good story. Find another way to beat dude without destroying the Vibranium.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hope this is evident, as it's the weakest part of BP.

That said, finding a suitable villain to follow Killmonger is going to be one hell of a challenge
12 more days til it's on my shelf :ahh:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie
July 31, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie 2
November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Movie 3
May 7, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Movie 4
July 31, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Movie 5
November 5, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Movie 6
February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Movie 7
May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Movie 8
July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Movie 9

I think it moves up to 2020. They have no more cash cows for that Summer blockbuster. Strange sequel still isn't a go yet, but they don' have anything else left in development, except for perhaps reigniting that Inhumans movie. There really aren't too many characters left.