Why is wolverine so popular?

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Wolverine is cool but I liked Cyclops although his character turned out to be pretty lame. I guess it was the fact I wear glasses and kind of imagined myself having his powers as a kid, that and he was the leader of the X-Men.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
You got some backstory? Cause back when I read Ultimate he looked like this

wolverine238.jpg

:lupe:
he died after magneto pulled that shyt, that's his son

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
What do you mean false healing factor.
actually he had no healing factor they tried to give him wolverines he came out looking extra mutated so they thought burning him to a crisp would regenerate his original look, it only made him look like freddy kreuger

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Gambit that nikka, but when Logan hit him with 'outta my way gumbo' he became goat :laff:

Plus that rebellious loner with a heart of gold is timeless :manny:

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yooo I just had this same convo the other day :russ: I never got it

edit- I read the thread and :ohhh: so many awesome moments I forgot about...I can see it now :wow:

Last edited:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
actually he had no healing factor they tried to give him wolverines he came out looking extra mutated so they thought burning him to a crisp would regenerate his original look, it only made him look like freddy kreuger
If i were writing Deadpool id have him go work for Mr, Sinister for a while so he can get his face reconstructed.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
He's probably the most fun and versatile major character in comics to read about

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Im really surprised ultimate didnt become more popular. To me its how comics really should be. Characters have been getting passes for way to long and its really hurt marvels ability to bring in new characters because the fans are so attached to all these fukkin clowns.

Xavier spending all those years protecting Fagneto whos caught incredible amounts of bodies but puts a hit out on some random cac because he cant control his powers. :snoop:

In the early 2000s the Ultimate line was THE premiere line in comics. ALL the Ultimate books were in the top 10 every month.

Its just towards the point the books reached the 100 issue mark, they got kind of spotty with the shipments then Ultimatum happened, followed by the death of Ultimate Spider-Man and it basically chased off the fanbase.

From a personal standpoint I hated it because it was written by Loeb, who was suffering from the death of his son, and all his work came across as angry and lashing out at fans, and they killed off majority of the interesting characters in the universe including the GOAT :to:

From a creative standpoint, however, I thought it was a bold and respectable move. A Marvel Universe without Wolverine or Spider-Man (also without Xavier, Doom, Magneto and Dr. Strange) was something I always figured they wouldn't dare try but for a bit they had that. Of course that idea went to the bushes when they brought the new Ult. Spidey and Logan's kid.... :snoop:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
this is why i cant read marvel or dc. actual character development is rare, and if it does happen, its happens over extrmely long spans of time, then gets retconned. no one is every truly dead.

You read Marvel and DC comics for the characters, at this point. If you want a complete story with a start, middle and end, go to the other companies for that. But with the Big 2, they are more about working within an established universe and finding new ways to tell stories with characters we already know.

I personally find more enjoyment out of that and seeing known characters interact with each other than seeing a new story with characters I don't care about. :manny:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
In the early 2000s the Ultimate line was THE premiere line in comics. ALL the Ultimate books were in the top 10 every month.

Its just towards the point the books reached the 100 issue mark, they got kind of spotty with the shipments then Ultimatum happened, followed by the death of Ultimate Spider-Man and it basically chased off the fanbase.

From a personal standpoint I hated it because it was written by Loeb, who was suffering from the death of his son, and all his work came across as angry and lashing out at fans, and they killed off majority of the interesting characters in the universe including the GOAT :to:

From a creative standpoint, however, I thought it was a bold and respectable move. A Marvel Universe without Wolverine or Spider-Man (also without Xavier, Doom, Magneto and Dr. Strange) was something I always figured they wouldn't dare try but for a bit they had that. Of course that idea went to the bushes when they brought the new Ult. Spidey and Logan's kid.... :snoop:
Who are the hottest new characters in the last 10 years?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Who are the hottest new characters in the last 10 years?

NEW characters in the last ten years? I'd be hard pressed to think of many NEW characters, but a lot of spins on current characters have been good.

I'd probably start with the Winter Soldier. I mean, its Bucky Barnes so he's not exactly new, but the whole origin of the character was something not touched on before. Captain America is/was always looked at as a Golden Icon of Justice, but people forget Captain America was a solider of war. He's a killer and don't ever think different. But Cap always had an image to maintain so he never was able to do the dirty work they wanted him to do, so enter Bucky. Bucky was actually a highly trained special forces soldier that basically did all the recon, interrogation, wet works and clean up for Captain high profile missions. While Cap was the one shown saving the day, it was actually Bucky putting bullets in Nazi's heads most of the time. Fast forward to present time, turns out Bucky survived that explosion just like Cap did and was brought back as a sleeper agent until he got his memories back.

I love how Marvel brought Luke Cage into the mainstream and made a black man the leader of the Avengers.

Marvel has done AMAZING things with Cyclops's character over the past 10 years as well and the Superior Spider-Man deserves a mention as well.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
You read Marvel and DC comics for the characters, at this point. If you want a complete story with a start, middle and end, go to the other companies for that. But with the Big 2, they are more about working within an established universe and finding new ways to tell stories with characters we already know.

I personally find more enjoyment out of that and seeing known characters interact with each other than seeing a new story with characters I don't care about. :manny:
and we are exact opposites. i dont give that much of a fukk about character. i just want piff stories. finite books are :noah:
these damn marvel jawns going to issue 500, and dc rebooting the same corny characters every 3 yeras :camby: