Why have all these rappers just found out what Bape is?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
dalailama.jpg

This image made supreme what it is today
800_1298952160905873869.jpg

tumblr_n57jqvtuor1t052aoo3_500.jpg

How can you hate on SUPNY???

:mjcry:

:mindblown:
I thought this:

drake-motto.jpg

Was gonna pop the bubble

I was wrong supreme lives on

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
This,....
Bape is doing what mcm did when they came back.
Paying people to wear it to and failing to come back.

Ain't nobody wearing no bape and any hood store is asking to fail to stock that shyt

Art Barr
Bape ain't paying nobody to wear it. They give them free shyt to wear. They did the same with Wayne/Clips back in the day.

And why would a "hood store" keep bape? That shyt is too expensive to be in a "hood store"

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bape ain't paying nobody to wear it. They give them free shyt to wear. They did the same with Wayne/Clips back in the day.

And why would a "hood store" keep bape? That shyt is too expensive to be in a "hood store"

Bape was in hood boutiques, breh.
Like a decade plus ago.
That shyt is super played.
Like past coming back in any form.
You might as well get a taskforce jacket, troops, and a used and damaged suit to rock.
To bad iceberg sold to fubu.
Only out of style shyt I would rock that was old and completely played the fukk out.
Would be the leather embossed maroon iceberg snoopy sweater.
The one every dopeboi who was getting it rocked when the shyt first popped.
The sweater you can't easily find by googling it.
Past that,....we not rockin no played out as fukk hood saturated brands.

fukk bape,.....
#notgoin

Art Barr

Last edited:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Like a decade plus ago.
You might as well get a taskforce jacket, troops, and a used and damaged suit to rock.
Only out of style shyt I would rock that was old and completely played the fukk out.

fukk bape,.....
#notgoin

Art Barr
That's fake Bape.
There's a difference.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That's fake Bape.
There's a difference.

No,...
You talking about a wack hood store.
They have high end hood boutiques.
or they used to before the recession made them move around.
Where do you think nikkaz got real bape from.

Art Barr

El Vato

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oaktown...Bay Area
Like a decade plus ago.

fukk bape,.....
#notgoin

Art Barr
You're right it's at least a decade ago. Bape lol No one on the west is wearing Bape unless it's swap meet and fake lol No one rockin' that garbage out here.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Ummm....yes it is. It generates millions more than the hip hop industry. You forget how many people buy skate gear from zumiez or pacsun, the x games, street league, thrasher, transworld skateboarding, skate shoes companies from dc to circa to huf, endorsements, videogames, skate demos, youtubes, skateparks, and thats just the past ten years alone...im not even gonna talk about 2005 and prior.

I started skating all the way in 1990 at the age of five so its no hate...im just saying.
Most people that wear skate clothes are going for a hip hop look, since skateboard brands co-opted HIP HOP in the early 90s and latched on to the aesthetic...Now they're one in the same. Rap reaches more homes than skate videos and going outside is not in style...nor is doing physical activity, especially something that would get you off of your smartphone. They're not going for a "cool skater look", breh. Maybe you and your subculture...

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Most people that wear skate clothes are going for a hip hop look, since skateboard brands co-opted HIP HOP in the early 90s and latched on to the aesthetic...Now they're one in the same. Rap reaches more homes than skate videos and going outside is not in style...nor is doing physical activity, especially something that would get you off of your smartphone. They're not going for a "cool skater look", breh. Maybe you and your subculture...
You forget that most people that skate and wear skate clothese are white and that encompasses more than just hip hop but punk surf and other subcultures as well so i cant even agree with this. Especially on an international level. That hip hop look isnt "ideal" in skate culture anymore....its leaned towards hipster style. Not everyone who skates likes rap/hip-hop like that either.

Alot of you dont know what your talking about in this thread.

BabyFaceKillahh

All Star
Daps
You're right it's at least a decade ago. Bape lol No one on the west is wearing Bape unless it's swap meet and fake lol No one rockin' that garbage out here.
ive seen plenty of nikkas rock legit bape out west it aint that hard to find, especially now with the internet and stores that will resell it for you.

Daps
Reppin
You forget that most people that skate and wear skate clothese are white and that encompasses more than just hip hop but punk surf and other subcultures as well so i cant even agree with this. Especially on an international. That hip hop look isnt "ideal" in skate culture anymore....its leaned towards hipster style. Not everyone who skates likes rap/hip-hop like that either.

Alot of you dont know what your talking about in this thread.
*You're
"The hip hop look" changes every 2 years and that skate shyt got taken away...You're talking about "international"...All of that shyt is worn by rappers in a certain way...whoever rocked it first doesn't matter when the "skaters" start wearing their own shyt like the rappers do. We simply swag shyt out brobro. I know you're a skater but you matter less than me to a kid. I rap. It's cooler.

Daps
Reppin
Also: Rap/Skateboarding has always went one way. Skaters stan rappers, add songs to skate videos, etc. A lot of these rap nikkas didn't even know their songs were ON skate videos. The skaters knew. I've been around...skateboarders were always stans/fans. Early skate gear was based off of hip hop gear. What you're seeing now is an amalgamation and the skater shyt STILL got waved up by rap nikkas. Why? Cacs and asians aren't fresh by nature. Be mad dopebois that can smash your bytch wear the same brands as you now...better than you. Y'all upset at what? Wanting to keep a look to yourself? So you can be like bland Toronto cacs draped in Brixton and Supreme, looking homeless on purpose?

Daps
Reppin

There are "hood boutiques" not owned by Arabs, not selling fake gear.
Then there are "hood stores" that sell fake shyt.
You must be from the south.