Why do most "Christians" celebrate Xmas in a pagan way?

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps

Revelation Chapter 11:10

10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets (Northern Kingdom & Southern kingdom) tormented them (heathens) that dwelt on the earth.

Those CACs rejoiced when we no longer ruled the world and became their slaves. The whole Christmas customer with Santa and the elves started during the end of the dark ages.

24179587-Man-and-Woman-Gift-Exchange-in-Front-of-Decorated-Christmas-Tree-with-Snow-Flakes-Border--Stock-Photo.jpg

Santa and his black slaves giving gifts to CACS

956382375.jpg

73598-004-85BBB2B3.jpg

They even paint the slaves/ elves black. It goes back to this time in history

Moorish History
In the Netherlands, where the slave status was not recognized, Negroes usually came along as servants of Spanish and Portuguese traders. These were the moors that were converted to Christianity. Some were forced and some volunteered due to the conditions at the time.

Any Israelite that celebrates Christmas is celebrating their own destruction. Just like a Native American celebrating thanksgiving.

Dutch showing how the black moors used to be forced to march and play instruments on the streets during this time of year

zwarte-piet-2015-02.jpg

Dutch paints of CAC with slave kid

moors9MAU01_0429_W.jpg

Picture called "Christmas in Europe"
images

Last edited:

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
Coming in late to this but the Sunday before Christmas we got home after church and my 10 year old goes, "so pop, what does all of "this" (pointing to the tree and lights) have to do with Christmas."

So we sat down and read the 2 different parts of the bible where the birth of JC is covered. After that he goes, "uh, so yeah none of this has anything to do with Jesus then right?"

Me: Yup.

Son: So why do we do any of this?

Me: (and to answer the OP's question)
We really don't know when JC was born, but we've sorta decided that Christmas is the day we're going to celebrate his birthday. Now the gift giving is a perversion of the idea of good will and such. (I cited a few videos from "black friday", which I'd shown the kids previously. To which this same son goes, weren't these people just sitting with their families giving thanks for what they had?") WE give gifts to each other to remember God gave us JC as a gift so that we can be saved. What if I were to tell you the tree is part of a pagan religion?

Son: ....i'd ask why we have it up.

Me: Tradition? Honestly we probably shouldn't, but to make a long story short it's an adopted tradition from another religion. Thing is we don't celebrate that religion or the tree in such a way as it was used in that religion, it's just decoration in essence and doesn't really have any religions significance. It's like that picture frame. It's up all year long, but we don't pray to it, or worship it and unless we start dancing around the tree celebrating the solstice it's just that, a decoration. Just keep in mind the reason we have Christmas is to celebrate, even though there's no direction to do so, the birth of JC and we celebrate by giving gifts, as well as reflecting on the purpose of his life and death.

So that's the answer I gave my 3 kids to this very question. Made sense to them.

As a side note, after black friday and my kids watching some of the videos, particularly the one where the lady takes a vegitable steamer from a little girl, we as a family opted to find needy people and give them gifts. The kids were to find friends at school who "needed" things. For instance one son wanted to get shoes for his friend on his bball team who needed them badly. My daughter got her friend a jacket, cause "her mom said she could only afford to get her a sweater".

Christmas has been co opted by, surprise, corporations, it's literally that simple. Understand this and you can avoid many of the pitfalls and do your part to give charitably to those in need be you a Christian or not.
Stop abusing your children. :scust:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because most Christians are fukking morons who would commit human sacrifice if an authority figure told them to. They're literally just grown ass children, 5 year olds in grown bodies.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
Because when the Catholic Church was trying to convert people they allowed them to continue with much of their cultural traditions. That's how you end up with stuff like the celtic cross.

celtic-cross-clipart-clipart-panda-free-clipart-images-Wxf8ww-clipart.png

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The only christian holiday without pagen backing is Halloween from what I remember, easter is a fertility holiday, hence the rabbit and egg that have always remained, christmas is literally a christian face on saturnalia.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
Agreed. Most christians are lost in the sauce anyway. Celebrating holi-days like the devils high sabbath halloween, easter(ishtar), and christmas(birth of nimrod) instead of holy days like Passover, Feast of Tabernacles, Day of Pentecost etc.

We got Pentecost Sunday covered in the Catholic Church. And all those fukking saints days.

I only go to church for the big shyt with the family and I swear I'm there every other week. :why:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Is there a monotheistic way to celebrate it? :mjlol: Christianity itself is only a soft monotheism anyway. "Trinity" :skip:

Ancient Judaism was as "soft" on monotheism as ancient Christianity was. Look into how the Old Testament and other pre-Christian Jewish sources talk about the abiding presence of God on Earth (Shekaniah), the Spirit of God, the presence of God in the Torah, Wisdom as God, Logos as God, etc. What you think of as "hard monotheism" didn't even exist until Judaism moved in that direction in direct reaction to Christian claims about the spirit of divinity in Jesus, and Mohammed then took the Jewish view over his misunderstanding of the Christian view when developing Islam.

The only christian holiday without pagen backing is Halloween from what I remember, easter is a fertility holiday, hence the rabbit and egg that have always remained, christmas is literally a christian face on saturnalia.

The claims of Christmas being a Christian face on saturnalia are based on old and flimsy research. There's little if any evidence for it other than the shared date. Saturnalia was still being practiced as a separate holiday long after Christmas started, and the path that each holiday took to end up on December 25th is disputed and not necessarily the least bit connected (in fact, there was a 3rd separate holiday that ended up on December 25th as well).

Did the Romans Invent Christmas? | History Today

How December 25 Became Christmas - Biblical Archaeology Society

The idea that Christmas is simply a Christian face on Saturnalia is still a popular narrative because pop historians love such narratives. But the truth is a lot more complicated - like all juxtapositions of culture, there were likely influences in both directions, but a lot can be attributed to coincidence is often shading with false associations (human brains love pushing patterns together whenever they can even when there's nothing there - that's how astrology developed) and we often obscure deeper roots with the trading of superficial add-ons.

There's another article which goes pretty well into the evidence we have for the origin of the dating of Saturnia - long story short is that there's solid evidence of the Church considering the conception of Jesus to have been on March 25th which predates any evidence of anyone at all celebrating Saturnalia on December 25th - but I can't find it right now. I'll ask my history/linguistics friend to send it to me again.