Why are Redguard not welcomed in Whiterun??

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Do you usually marry Redguard men? :mjpls:

Always! I marry my companion Azarik and rename him T'Challa.

30783-2-1359675095.jpg

A Redguard follower named Azarik at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Isn't racism a theme in the game? I didn't get that far into it yet, but I remember i had to rumble some dude cause he walked around at night saying racist shyt in the "slums"
Youre talking about dude in winterhold that hated dark elves:mjpls: and the slums youre talking about is the grey quarter.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Youre talking about dude in winterhold that hated dark elves:mjpls: and the slums youre talking about is the grey quarter.

yea i'm bad with the names in this game
i went to an ash island that had a bunch of dark elves and they were all saying they have to live there, like shyt was an interment camp or something
i think on the docks of winterhold them lizard ppl were basically the "mexicans" of skyrim. like the only jobs they could get were on those docks
shyts crazy

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
yea i'm bad with the names in this game
i went to an ash island that had a bunch of dark elves and they were all saying they have to live there, like shyt was an interment camp or something
i think on the docks of winterhold them lizard ppl were basically the "mexicans" of skyrim. like the only jobs they could get were on those docks
shyts crazy
Yep, and the Khajit are the gypsies

Made Man

All Star
Daps
:russ: i always used a Redguard on my first build and then i felt out of place fighting those CAC wars and caring about their culture. I mean why the the hell would anyone from Hammerfell migrate to Skyrim anyway.

So i ended up creating the darkest Nord that i could.

I like to think his daddy was pawging in those Tamerial streets:mjgrin:

Last edited:

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
As a redguard, should i use the one handed option or two handed option?? :jbhmm:
I was using 1 hand plus shield, but i started using 2 handed and it feels easier to kill enemies...
Lore wise, board and sword is more stereotypical of a redguard warrior/mercenary. If you want to go with a berserker build, i'd lean towards a duelist/light armor format(think kematu) rather than 2 handed, since two handed is more of a barbarian style that caters more towards orcs and nords while duelist is a more skill based style which is what the redguards are known for. However, 2 handed swords fit for a knight-like build.

:mjpls:

I spoke with a brother in Whiterun and he said we redguards are not welcomed there.
Well, those two Alik'r Warriors walked into Whiterun and started pressing citizens for information before being kicked out/jailed for being disruptive. A khajiit and probably an Argonian wouldn't get past the gate, which implies redguards are perceived more favorably in the eyes of nords than some other groups. And remember what the Whiterun guard said as they were getting kicked out, "After what you did, you're lucky I don't throw you in jail". That implies that their actions got them booted out of town, not their race.

Tbh, based on my observations, Redguards seems to get along pretty well with Nords. Nazeem is purported high class, so there's no class barrier for a Redguard. Zaria runs her own alchemy shop, so there's no business barrier. There's a Redguard monk of Mara, Maramal, so no religious barriers. Falion got hired as the resident wizard of morthal, so there isn't any doubt in their capacity to be capable scholars.

Also, there's plenty of male nord and female redguard marriages in Skyrim. It seems that between the reguard genders, the females of the race are very open to Nord marriages :mjpls:

In all seriousness though. Nord-Redguard cultures are probably fairly mutually tolerable, with both focusing on martial prowess, honour, anti-magic to a degree, and so on, and they don't have a particularly negative history with each other either. I wouldn't be surprised if Ulfric attempts to reach out to hammerfell for support against taking down the dominion IF the stormcloaks beat the empire.

Last edited:

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Well, those two Alik'r Warriors walked into Whiterun and started pressing citizens for information before being kicked out/jailed for being disruptive. A khajiit and probably an Argonian wouldn't get past the gate, which implies redguards are perceived more favorably in the eyes of nords than some other groups. And remember what the Whiterun guard said as they were getting kicked out, "After what you did, you're lucky I don't throw you in jail". That implies that their actions got them booted out of town, not their race.

And at the risk of sounding like "my black friend," Nazeem seems to live there comfortably, as does Saadia, Armen, Saffir and their demonic kid Braith. shyt, my Redguard ass is the thane of Whiterun. That doesn't mean we're loved, but we don't seem to be hated, necessarily.