why are anime characters drawn white??

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not like i would like/watch DBZ/Lupin/Gundam Wing more if folks were drawn black

i dont think a black character was in lupin or gundam. never really wondered this tho

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Just like all other cultures, they've been exposed to displays of white supremacy, such as the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Armed presence by the US military and propaganda films, they're Americanized. Older anime shows weren't like that, most if not all Characters were drawn black haired, brown eyed with slants.

Like Akira for example.

Some anime characters take on specific ethnic characteristics to demonstrate more stereotypical traits. In Dragoball Krillin is a monk, Popo has black skin with thick red lips and a turban. Other "Black" characters in there have similar characteristics, especially the lips. I tried to ignore these things or pretended they weren't there because I enjoyed Dragonball.

It was even in Video Games, Barret from Final Fantasy was ghetto as fukk and annoying in the beginning.

Newer Anime like Bleach depict black people more modernly once they got the hint, because American dubbing studios kept censoring their racist depictions.

250px-Tosen_Profile_289.png

Another modern depiction is Black lagoon.

Dutch.001-1iwghnx.jpg

Unfortunately in another modern depiction I'm about to show is from FF13

final_fantasy_xiii_cast_by_pacduck-d2xzo3t.jpg

So Sazh is a cornball nikka that lets a baby chocobo live in his Afro, so I'm thinking what does he do about the bird shyt?

I observed that the lily white cast of characters had issues, and they were all unlikable whereas Sazh was more down to earth and sane but the weakest of the bunch combat wise. Only black character besides his son, Dajh and he's portrayed as a joke.

Just reminds me why I don't watch Anime or read Manga anymore. American comics and Justice League movies >> This shyt
Yeah anime used blackface for along time
1950s%2BManga%2BDepiction%2Bof%2BBlacks.png

1930s+Japanese+manga+depiction+of+blacks.png

Japan+1930s+Advertisement+depictions+of+Blacks.png

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
would you still want to watch that shyt if those chracters were replaced with authentic and frail 5 ft 4 asians
whjew8.png

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :bryan::deadrose:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
The Anime stans in the Arcadium tried to explain it away as some sort of universal representation scheme with no race implied. :comeon:
Depictions of white people in Anime have them looking HELLA white.

I think you're being thrown by the eyes, the skin colour, and the dubbed voices, breh.

Like, Goku for instance is "Asian" in appearance, not "white."

Same goes for Ash Katchum, or Yugi Yourimeshi

All women want to look different. Do white women who get tans want to be Black?

Daps
White skin = High class because the person most likely stays inside and is royalty

Dark skin = Low class peasants who do some sort of hard manual labor job

That's how it is in asia

Almost every celebrity has pale white skin and almost every asian celebrity gets plastic surgery to look more white

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bc they're trolls and they know they can make more money if the shyt relates to people other than them.

Bingoman

Rookie
Daps
would you still want to watch that shyt if those chracters were replaced with authentic and frail 5 ft 4 sized scrawny noodle limbed asians?
whjew8.png
so every asian is a wimp and every white person is a power lifter? :dahell: it's a cartoon. they could make the characters 6 ft 5 body builders if they wanted. and they do that. they just make them look and sound white for some reason. i wanna know why.