Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI

Batman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just like all other cultures, they've been exposed to displays of white supremacy, such as the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Armed presence by the US military and propaganda films, they're Americanized. Older anime shows weren't like that, most if not all Characters were drawn black haired, brown eyed with slants.

Like Akira for example.

Some anime characters take on specific ethnic characteristics to demonstrate more stereotypical traits. In Dragoball Krillin is a monk, Popo has black skin with thick red lips and a turban. Other "Black" characters in there have similar characteristics, especially the lips. I tried to ignore these things or pretended they weren't there because I enjoyed Dragonball.

It was even in Video Games, Barret from Final Fantasy was ghetto as fukk and annoying in the beginning.

Newer Anime like Bleach depict black people more modernly once they got the hint, because American dubbing studios kept censoring their racist depictions.

250px-Tosen_Profile_289.png

Always thought Yoruichi was Black too but most Japanophiles would say she's just tan.

Another modern depiction is Black lagoon.

Dutch.001-1iwghnx.jpg

Unfortunately in another modern depiction I'm about to show is from FF13

final_fantasy_xiii_cast_by_pacduck-d2xzo3t.jpg

So Sazh is a cornball nikka that lets a baby chocobo live in his Afro, so I'm thinking what does he do about the bird shyt?

I observed that the lily white cast of characters had issues, and they were all unlikable whereas Sazh was more down to earth and sane but the weakest of the bunch combat wise. Only black character besides his son, Dajh and he's portrayed as a joke.

The reasons for this is this is how Japanese see themselves as, if they were all Asian they wouldn't profit. They don't want to be Japanese, they want to be white, and they want their entertainment to be white too.

Just reminds me why I don't watch Anime or read Manga anymore. American comics and Justice League movies >> This shyt

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
then the question becomes, why are asian anime characters drawn with white features?
I think you're being thrown off by the eyes. Asians just like big exaggerated eyes. It's a style thing.

Think of Homer Simpson. Do people look like that? What about Ed Ed and Eddie? Do white kids look like that?

Bingoman

Rookie
Daps
I think you're being thrown off by the eyes. Asians just like big exaggerated eyes. It's a style thing.

Think of Homer Simpson. Do people look like that? What about Ed Ed and Eddie? Do white kids look like that?
mainly it's the skin and voices in the english dubbed versions