Were The 90s Really Better Than The Times We Are In Now?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
The music was not fukking better:skip:. shyt is way more diverse and instead of the radio spoon feeding you the good shyt, you have to dig for it.

The Cartoons aren't even better lol

Edit: Most of the good cartoons in the 90's came out in 1999:skip:.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Til about 93 I considered my hood as heaven on Earth. In fact, we still used the prefix "neighbor" when referring to the hood.

I was on the South East Coast so all the gang shyt had to come to us through movies and music.

After niqqas started shooting each other over dirty looks, I left the hood and never looked back... well I actually just came home after 25 years.

shyt still fukced up in ways but seems quieter than when I left.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
When people talk about how great the 90's were their usually talking about the tv show, fashion, movies, simplicity of a time before the internet and just the general pop culture.​
But besides that there was a whole lot wrong with that era especially for black
-Teen pregnancy through Roof
-crime in pretty much every major city much higher than today
-high school graduation rate was awful
-college enrollment for blacks much lower
-higher incarceration rate
-higher % of std rates
And so on...
So was the 90's really that great when you think about it :francis:
This is the 90s to me right here. The general pop culture was piff but the dysfunction caused by the crack and shyt was traumatizing.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Relationships were better back then, feel like people was way more honest with themselves

Also i assume there were pretty girls in the cut everywhere, like they are now, but with no social media nobody could look for them you just had to see them when you see then

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Entertainment to me during the mid/late 80's - early 90s is better.

Nearly everything else though is better today.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Entertainment to me during the mid/late 80's - early 90s is better.

Nearly everything else though is better today.

All you can talk about is entertainment, apart from improvement in technology everything else is garbage compared to the 80s or 90s.

The ratchetness, fukkery, gayness, attention whoring, trolling etc everything bad has now increased to the highest level with no return.

Everything is a joke now including politics which is outrageous.

How the hell can you say everything is better today, you are CRAZY.

Gadgets/tech ain't saving nada in this wack ass useless pussified gay generation.

Last edited:
Daps
The music was not fukking better:skip:. shyt is way more diverse and instead of the radio spoon feeding you the good shyt, you have to dig for it.

The Cartoons aren't even better lol

Edit: Most of the good cartoons in the 90's came out in 1999
:skip:.

You sort of right when it comes to the bolded. Edd, ed n eddy, rocket power,spongebob,batman beyond,courage the cowardly dog, etc
Are technically 90s cartoons, but most would be considered more as 2000s cartoons.

Cartoon network didn't even hit their stride until the late 90s.

90s still had x-men, spider-man, batman the animated series, pink in the brain, hey Arnold, rugrats, gargoyles, recess, etc.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
in the 90s it was a warzone. california was just wild. in 98 cops raided my moms house lookin for my uncle in the middle of the fukking night. :dwillhuh: why the fukk is cops gonna have guns aimed at some little ass kids? me n my little bro.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Probably cause the majority of us was little ass kids with no responsibilities:mjlol: I just know everything got super serious after 9/11:yeshrug:

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably cause the majority of us was little ass kids with no responsibilities:mjlol: I just know everything got super serious after 9/11:yeshrug:

So what improved apart from technology???

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please can someone explain how life is better today apart from having high speed internet, being able to multitask with these glossy gadgets and communicate with no excuses.