We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah if he has been sitting down with them, he knows whether they are okay with what he wants to do or want to throw his ideas to the bushes.

Ain't like they forcing him to sign on and he seems like the guy that cares more about his craft then making a lackluster product to possibly get opportunities down the line.

All this I hope they let him cook talk, he wouldn't sign on if he thought he wasn't going to be allowed to cook.

You're probably right. Ava couldn't cook so she didn't sign

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Yeah cause studios are always upfront with that kinda thing. Come on breh you know the game.
That's why I said he would leave if that's not the case. I don't take him for one that will be bullied into making something he doesn't believe in. If the movie is coming out and his name is behind it, I believe he was allowed to do what he wants.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's why I said he would leave if that's not the case. I don't take him for one that will be bullied into making something he doesn't believe in. If the movie is coming out and his name is behind it, I believe he was allowed to do what he wants.

Yeah I hope so. And I'm assuming that's why the negotiations took as long as they did. So I hope you're right because he's a talented cat and deserves to do really dope shyt

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah cause studios are always upfront with that kinda thing. Come on breh you know the game.

The rogue stuff didn't bother me
especially for the time since studios weren't sure what would work or not work in a comic book movie at the time so for one of the first ones out the gate post batman and robin, the first X men is a pretty good shot. The second one is ten times better but the first one is at least okay and not terrible or X men 3 status. But you see now that the doors have been blown off the hinges you can get an actual jubilee and rather than worried about having wolverine and cyclops therefore we don't need a gambit, you're now getting a gambit movie. Or the fact that deadpool exists and it's going to be or looks to be freaking deadpool. There was a lot of rocky stuff in those early years with a few gems but now it's more consistent because the waters have been charted and tested

You completely fine with that?:mindblown:

Man that shyt used to irk the fukk out of me man.... it was already kinda wack to me how they nerfed Cyclops (my personal fav Xmen before it was cool to stan him) but then now you got Rogue acting like some "young girl" when she was like one of the senior members on the team?

She was the early embodiment of power and beauty but had a cute sense of insecurity. She was sexy, tough and arguably one of the strongest Xmen. She was always on the front line of fights.... but in the movies they made her into this weak damsel that needs to be saved or protected.

I hated that..... then they gonna make Scott some preppy punk ass kid that seemed like Wolverines bytch. Like in the comics, I know do to Jane they didnt get along, but I never got the sense that Logan didnt respect him. In the movie it just seems like Logan gave NO fukkS about him. He didnt have any strong leadership qualities in the movies it was like everyone looked at him like :rudy: everytime he spoke and even Jean was like :usure: while too much looking at Logan like:takedat:

Na man... I couldnt fukk with the psychology:francis: It kinda got in the way of me enjoying the movie

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If he is taking the deal he is agreeing to what they want. If he's going to be handicapped he will leave like antman.

It's a MUCH DIFFERENT situation than Edgar Wright/Ant-Man. Edgar Wright had been working on Ant-Man since BEFORE the MCU took off, and he rejected a lot of the "inserting into MCU" that Fiege and company demanded. Black Panther is going to be well established within the MCU, and is the final film leading up to Infinity War. So Ryan definitely knows which part of the box he's crafting this sandcastle. I'd also like to think that, during the negotiations, he carved out an agreement for a measure of creativity. I Honestly don't think that, given his history of writing and directing his last two features (and their successes) that he'd sign on without getting what he needed out of the deal to make the best movie possible

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
It's a MUCH DIFFERENT situation than Edgar Wright/Ant-Man. Edgar Wright had been working on Ant-Man since BEFORE the MCU took off, and he rejected a lot of the "inserting into MCU" that Fiege and company demanded. Black Panther is going to be well established within the MCU, and is the final film leading up to Infinity War. So Ryan definitely knows which part of the box he's crafting this sandcastle. I'd also like to think that, during the negotiations, he carved out an agreement for a measure of creativity. I Honestly don't think that, given his history of writing and directing his last two features (and their successes) that he'd sign on without getting what he needed out of the deal to make the best movie possible

See, I was down with that decision and I think it paid off. If you not gonna play ball and trynna make some isolated one off shyt then like my old coach once said "Cant win with him, dont need him".

I wanna see a world "built" and developed cuz this is something we've really never seen before.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You completely fine with that?:mindblown:

Man that shyt used to irk the fukk out of me man.... it was already kinda wack to me how they nerfed Cyclops (my personal fav Xmen before it was cool to stan him) but then now you got Rogue acting like some "young girl" when she was like one of the senior members on the team?

She was the early embodiment of power and beauty but had a cute sense of insecurity. She was sexy, tough and arguably one of the strongest Xmen. She was always on the front line of fights.... but in the movies they made her into this weak damsel that needs to be saved or protected.

I hated that..... then they gonna make Scott some preppy punk ass kid that seemed like Wolverines bytch. Like in the comics, I know do to Jane they didnt get along, but I never got the sense that Logan didnt respect him. In the movie it just seems like Logan gave NO fukkS about him. He didnt have any strong leadership qualities in the movies it was like everyone looked at him like :rudy: everytime he spoke and even Jean was like :usure: while too much looking at Logan like:takedat:

Na man... I couldnt fukk with the psychology:francis: It kinda got in the way of me enjoying the movie

Because I understood the context breh lol. Again post batman and robin world where studios are scared shyt less and not really confident that what they're doing is even going to work? I cut them slack. Plus I was fukkin 14 I wasn't really sitting there breaking the movie down and looking for holes and being like "damn this wasn't right" I was 14

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Because I understood the context breh lol. Again post batman and robin world where studios are scared shyt less and not really confident that what they're doing is even going to work? I cut them slack. Plus I was fukkin 14 I wasn't really sitting there breaking the movie down and looking for holes and being like "damn this wasn't right" I was 14

Gotdamn!!:russ:

I was in my 20's:flabbynsick::mjcry: I guess my perspective was a little different. When I was your age or slightly younger.... thats when this was popular

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Gotdamn!!:russ:

I was in my 20's:flabbynsick::mjcry: I guess my perspective was a little different. When I was your age or slightly younger.... thats when this was popular

Raimi's Spider-Man showed it could have been done, too late now, Avengers has taken it's marketshare and filled the void:yeshrug:.

:dead:@ them trying almost 20 damn years later.