watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
only thing I dislike about training day was the end. movies like this and say "heat" are movies where I want the bad guy to win for a change.
Funny thing is the original script didn't have Alonzo gettin killed at all, Denzel told the director he had to die at the end to make the movie come full circle.

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jake: "You been plannin this all day?
Alonzo: "I been plannin it all week, son"
(damn, this movie got quotables for days)

That right there told me he had the whole day mapped out days before, including both Roger and Jake being killed.
This also explains why he asked if he had his backup weapon and asked if he spoke Spanish:ehh:

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Deus ex machina is a contrived plot device that saves the hero in a hopeless situation later in the movie
So I'm obviously referring to the scene where the girl Jake saves from the 2 rapists just so happens to be the cousin of the lead gang member and he also just so happens to have her picture in his wallet :comeon: that kinda storytelling does not age well. And is corny everytime I think about it
Also, chekhov's gun.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
On some real life stuff, can you imagine what Ethan Hawkes character wouldve been thinking when Alonzo and them told him he was eating that self-defense homicide ?:damn:

Denzel dying at the end might be one of the few bad guy characters you weren't low key rooting for. It wasn't sad in any way when he got popped

Cats kept saying that Denze's Oscar in this movie was a make up award. I don't think so. He killed that shyt being a bad guy. A role no one ever really saw him in before.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Deus ex machina is a contrived plot device that saves the hero in a hopeless situation later in the movie
So I'm obviously referring to the scene where the girl Jake saves from the 2 rapists just so happens to be the cousin of the lead gang member and he also just so happens to have her picture in his wallet :comeon: that kinda storytelling does not age well. And is corny everytime I think about it
To be fair it was HER wallet. The fact she was cousins with Smiley could be :comeon:
But like Smiley explained in disbelief himself bruh, "life's a trip carnal."

Homie was even like, "this some trippy ass shyt Holmes."

:sas1: