Was the south bronx really this bad back in the day?

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
spent a lot of time wit fam in soundview as a kid and even then it was rough as fukk. My first memory of a prostitute was in the Bx, my dad picked me up and we were walkin to the catch the train, we walked pass this half naked lady that said to my dad "hey sugar, you lookin for a good time?", my pops was like "no mam, i have my son with me", she turned around and said "shyt he gotta get broke in some day", i was like :ohmy:.

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Yup. Pops is from Soundview, shyt was crazy. :birdman:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
There's a certain grittiness about the 70s you just have to respect. From the people to the buildings, cars, buses, trains etc. fukking love it.

urban_blight_bronx_01.jpg

ooo.black.crime.south.bronx.jpg

bronx1.jpg

bcb2623df736c26cd6ff83fb11d563f7.jpg

stscenes_on2ndthought_10.jpg

0_2ad51_97930a92_L.jpg

Bronx08-300x204.jpg

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
NY gang culture>>>>LA gang culture

I don't know about that. It was more every man for himself in new York back in the day and drug crews. Latinos there back in the day were mainly Netas or Latin Kings. Brothas was on some get money, fukk everybody.

LA was catching bodies something serious in the 80s and early 90s. Hoovers vs 83 crips alone was like Sunni vs Shiite. The murder rate was :damn: Comptons murder rate was retarded. When it comes to gang banging nobody is messing with LA or Chicago, nobody.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Yup. Pops is from Soundview, shyt was crazy. :birdman:

Lol my girl is from there. Her pops ran with Pistol pete. Real OG type shyt. God rest his soul.

Anyway, from what I know, the BX is definitly much better than it use to be. No doubt about that. I got fam who live over by Fordham road. I don't know if its dangerous over there or not. The bronx is dope tho.

My aunt lived in Harlem in the 80s, which is right next to BX. I remember she told me about how she caught these young boys throwing cats off the roof, and she made them stop...they decided to throw a cocktail threw her window, and set the crib on fire. Thankfully she got out, and moved to brooklyn, where my fam currently resides. Crazy.

I love NYC. Aint nothing like it.