Was Slavery and the Oppression of Blacks revenge for The Moors?

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pfff.. One has to look no further than in Europe...

Moorish Statue in Switzerland
100_1691.JPG

Germany
Moor+Habsburg.jpg

Somewhere in Europe
Europe_2010_05_19_0950.JPG

Somewhere in Europe
ori_1459_1197316938_1086334_2b.jpg

I heard the Moors being black in Europe is not seen as taboo like with American whites...

I hear the same euros know the moors were black. shyt it don't matter we know they were black. American cacs wanna claim moors weren't black only because they would have another reason to not feel superior.

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
Be mad I'm blood related 2nd gen to the people you wish to claim like a true fakkit cac:umad:

Are you retarded ,where in this thread have I tried to make a connection to the Moors?As a matter-of-factly I am the one wondering why its a big deal to some.Stop making yourself a dikkhead,

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I can't for sure say if the moors where black or white or whatever from traditional historical connection but from a theatre history perspective a lot of times moors or moor characters where portrayed as black skinned and this goes all the way into the time of Shakespeare(hell even after).

In Europe, they have the border morris(moors?) in which they put on blackface dance in groups.

However, In many of these plays they do not portray the "moors" in a positive light.
The types characters run amok from slaves, lovable sidekicks, treacherous bandits to cunning conmen.

“In medieval Spain, Moors and Jews became the primary symbols of the “low other” in festival performances. Medieval writers often characterized Moors as treacherous and cowardly in moros y cristianos plays. ”
Excerpt From: Phillip B. Zarrilli, Bruce McConachie, Gary Jay Williams, and Carol Fisher Sorgenfrei. “Theatre Histories.”

Duckman

Private D1ck/Family Man
Daps
Reppin
Mission Hill
Whats your point. Its an actual movie where these lines were spoken.

It's severely edited, what do you mean what's my point? It ain't like it's the authentic movie or anything with the full time it was set on.

That's the only clip you can find of the movie that's long on Youtube I presume
I couldn't find it myself either

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, but my argument is that they were BLACK Muslims...not just Muslims. People throw the word Muslim out there just to take away from the fact that the Moors were black because most people associate Muslims with Middle Easterns.

Correct :obama: I'd say there were also berbers and arabs as Arab was the language of the Moors unless I'm deeply mistaken and I need to up my research game :ld:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's severely edited, what do you mean what's my point? It ain't like it's the authentic movie or anything with the full time it was set on.

That's the only clip you can find of the movie that's long on Youtube I presume
I couldn't find it myself either
If you've seen the movie you;d know those are actually lines from the film. The king frequently referred to martin lawrence as moor.

Its not up for debate.

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
Yeah, but my argument is that they were BLACK Muslims...not just Muslims. People throw the word Muslim out there just to take away from the fact that the Moors were black because most people associate Muslims with Middle Easterns.

Thats a lie sir, there a countless paintings and literature that depict Arabs and North Africans as Moors.