Warner Bros. Planning Ground-Breaking Oscar Campaign For Wonder Woman

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Watched this last night and wondered how it got as many good reviews as it did. It was a cool movie but that's about it

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
I don't see how she gets the nomination

Jordan Peele
Matt Reeves
Sofia Coppola
Christopher Nolan

Those names are all STRONG contenders for nominations already.

Then you got Blade Runner by Denis Villeneuve later this year. Edgar Wright is going to get some strong consideration for Baby Driver. Kathryn Bigelow's Detroit is dropping next month and has great buzz. I also woudln't be surprised to see James Mangold get some love.

It's not even shade at Jenkins, because I think she did a phenomenal job, but when you look at the list of contenders this year I just don't see how she gets a nomination.
Oscars love them some party jenkIns bre

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I don't see how she gets the nomination

Jordan Peele
Matt Reeves
Sofia Coppola
Christopher Nolan

Those names are all STRONG contenders for nominations already.

Then you got Blade Runner by Denis Villeneuve later this year. Edgar Wright is going to get some strong consideration for Baby Driver. Kathryn Bigelow's Detroit is dropping next month and has great buzz. I also woudln't be surprised to see James Mangold get some love.

It's not even shade at Jenkins, because I think she did a phenomenal job, but when you look at the list of contenders this year I just don't see how she gets a nomination.
Edgar Wright is a lock for a director nom off of Baby Driver. The best director noms are still a pretty short list. Don't think she gets in with Peele, Wright, and Nolan already stone cold locks and as you said, Bigelow and Villeneuve also coming up to bat. Super low key, Tomas Alfredson is back with another joint this year which looks like it might be the sleeper banger of the winter.

In all, this looks to be a damn good year for movies up and down, and a lot of the award bait stuff coming this winter has insane potential. Gary Oldman playing Churchill, Harrelson in the LBJ biopic, the dude who directed Lion doing a Mary Magdalene movie, SPIELBERG DIRECTING TOM HANKS AND MERYL STREEP :damn:, that one movie where Elba and Kate Winslet get stranded on an island together, and Lynne Ramsay's "You Were Never Really Here" almost shut it down at Cannes.

Now, if there was a lack of fire from female directors maybe politics could get her in, but with Ramsey, Coppola, and Bigelow coming through :francis:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oscars love them some party jenkIns bre

They Love Kathryn Bigelow and Sofia Coppola way more though.

Nolan is a lock to get a nod and Peele and Wright probably are too. There's only five nominations that can be given a year. This year just happens to be stacked with a lot a great directors.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a1kdZzF.gif

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Yeah, not only was it average at best but I couldn't help but compare it to the first cap movie.

For a DC joint it's A+ but for a marvel movie it's at the bottom of the barrel. That villain was shyt tier too.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This is silly. Logan is more deserving as a CB movie IMO, but they really should just focus on pushing Dunkirk

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Good luck to them and hope it works out.
If Avatar, Shakespeare in Love, La La Land, American Sniper and other OK but not amazing movies have been nominated then Wonder Woman might as well get nominated too.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Look at all the saltiness. :russ:

I mean Wonder Woman is a great movie, very deserving of consideration :ehh:

Only at DC are comic book movies taken to that next level where experts in film are left in amazement, not shocking. This will go on the mantle along with Heath best actor and Suicide Squad's technical awards.