Uahhh???FANTASTIC FOUR Has Officially Wrapped Filming

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
CGVuOaVUIAEsP-D.png:large

FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel’s original and longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.

Directed by Josh Trank, The Fantastic Four reboot stars Miles Teller as Mr. Fantastic, Michael B. Jordan as the Human Torch, Kate Mara as Invisible Woman, and Jamie Bell as the Thing. The film is scheduled for release on August 7, 2015.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
And to me him resembling source material is more about his character not his looks. There's nothing about Johnny that says he has to be white. His character isn't rooted in his ethnicity like black panther or Luke cage; when I think of Johnny the first thing isn't "white" it's "cocky hothead" and last I checked you don't need to be white to be that

You can go that route, and that defines 90% of comic characters, if you're familiar with the source material. If not it's solely on looks.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You can go that route, and that defines 90% of comic characters, if you're familiar with the source material. If not it's solely on looks.

Word. And the people working on the films at least now are more familiar with the comics than they were say 20 years ago so I expect them to understand character first and not just the shallow representation of the character

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Word. And the people working on the films at least now are more familiar with the comics than they were say 20 years ago so I expect them to understand character first and not just the shallow representation of the character

Tell that to fukking David S. Goyer.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

But will the everyday audience, though?

I'm with you, but at the same time, I'm like "eff makin the black ______" and let's get some REAL minority heroes pushed to prominence. Besides, will Marvel make Torch black?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But will the everyday audience, though?

I'm with you, but at the same time, I'm like "eff makin the black ______" and let's get some REAL minority heroes pushed to prominence. Besides, will Marvel make Torch black?

I think the everyday audience doesn't care as much as the hardcore audience does for real. It's not like we're talking about some hugely popular characters synonymous in pop culture. There were two movies a decade ago that no one remembers, a few cartoons that no one remembers and comics that were never huge sales unless we're talking about the 60s

Conz

Superstar
Daps
if a trailer has the line of dialogue "that's what I'm talking about it" I immediately write it off. Also, "Power" has been used a ton in trailers, and this was the sloppiest cut of it I've ever heard. Thing looks terrible. this movie is such a disaster

Madonna

Coli's Resident Tradwife
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
I still don't get why they couldn't just get a black actress to play Sue, so they could be bio brother & sister. That whole adopted mess really turned me off. It all reeks of :mjpls:. I'm meh on the whole movie.