Uahhh???FANTASTIC FOUR Has Officially Wrapped Filming

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Simon Kinberg Talks ‘X-Men/Fantastic Four’ Crossover & Dr. Doom
Fantastic-Four-Reboot-Characters-Explained.jpg

After months of speculation, rumors, and fear-mongering, we finally got our first look at Josh Trank’s Fantastic Four reboot thanks to the release of the film’s teaser trailer. Since the preview was admittedly a tease and only hinted at what’s to come, it didn’t completely quell the public’s overall shaky feelings regarding the project, but it was generally well-recieved and the film could very well be a creative success for Marvel’s first family.

Of course, in today’s superhero movie landscape, that may not be enough to draw people in. As evidenced by the release strategies for Marvel Studios and Warner Bros./DC, audiences are more interested in massive shared film universes as opposed to standalone adventures revolving around a singular character or team of heroes. Since Fox has the rights to both X-Men and Fantastic Four, everyone is wondering if the two groups will ever cross paths.

Simon Kinberg, writer of Fantastic Four, X-Men: Days of Future Past and architect of Fox’s Marvel movie world, had some thoughts on that very matter. While speaking with EW, the screenwriter said that even though a crossover is possible (as he’s previously hinted at), it’s not something that the filmmakers are actively thinking about at this point in time

Read his quote:

“The reboot of ‘FanFour’ really needed to work in and of itself. We were doing something pretty radical with the tone of the movie. If we wanted to find a way to connect them to the X-Men, we could. There’s a lot of precedent from the comics.”

While that may not necessarily be the thing that most fans want to hear, it’s one of the more promising statements we’ve heard about the Fantastic Four reboot during this pre-release phase. After experiencing the mess that is Sony and their Amazing Spider-Man franchise, it’s a relief that Fox executives are more concerned about getting all their ducks in a row before worrying about the larger picture. If audiences don’t buy into this version of the Fantastic Four, then any plans for a crossover will be kaput. It’s wiser to take it one step at a time.

The Fantastic Four teaser trailer arguably had a tone that would gel with the recent X-Men films, especially Days of Future Past. As opposed to the campy vibe of the mid-2000s flicks, the reboot is looking to be more grounded and serious by taking inspiration from the Ultimate Fantastic Four comic and injecting some practicality into the proceedings via character costumes, portrayals, and other elements. If this new film is a hit, it wouldn’t be a stretch to see Miles Teller’s Reed Richards meeting up with Hugh Jackman at some point in the future – the two series seem to fit together.

A large portion of Fantastic Four‘s success will hinge on whether or not Dr. Doom (Toby Kebbell) can be a compelling evildoer. Like so many elements of the film, the iconic villain has been subject of a lot of controversy, particularly the idea that his name comes from “blogging sites.” The trailer hardly showed Doom in action, so it remains to be seen how he’ll be incorporated, but Kinberg explained why it’ll be worth the wait.

His quote:

“He has aspirations and struggles that are a little bit more classically tragic than the other characters. As much as it’s an origin story of our heroes, it also tracks how someone can become a villain.”

Dr.-Doom-fan-art-by-Plamber.jpg

Kebbell made a name for himself last year by playing Koba, Caesar’s unpredictable right-hand ape in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Koba was a character who, while a villain who had to be stopped, was someone that the audience could understand and sympathize with.

Characters like that tend to be well-rounded and interesting to watch on-screen, so if Kebbell’s Doom comes complete with “aspirations and struggles” that humanize him and elevate him beyond the mustache-twirling villainy trope, Fantastic Four sounds like it will be able to overcome the odds and be a winner this summer.

Fantastic Four will be in theaters August 7th, 2015.

http://screenrant.com/simon-kinberg-x-men-fantastic-four-crossover-dr-doom/?utm_source=feedly

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i just can't get over how incredibly stupid i think the tone of this is

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
They are literally just putting out photos of the actors. :dead: Can we get some CGI stills?
I've never seen a studio this scared to unveil stuff from a big franchise film. I mean, they only showed like 3 seconds of them using their powers. It makes me think that Fox has little to no confidence in this movie.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I've never seen a studio this scared to unveil stuff from a big franchise film. I mean, they only showed like 3 seconds of them using their powers. It makes me think that Fox has little to no confidence in this movie.

exactly, seen Johnny flamed on(which is easy to do), and the back of Ben from a distance.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Counter argument..movie doesn't drop till August, why not wait as long as you can to show a pic of Grimm as the thing?

:manny: seems like something you'd get out of the way 4 months to release. Minimize the coming justified/unjustified criticism.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:manny: seems like something you'd get out of the way 4 months to release. Minimize the coming justified/unjustified criticism.

That's if you're doing crisis comm tho. You can't run a movie studio like that unless you're in crisis mode. When you're selling something you have to be confident in how you're selling it and what you're selling. The most important thing for a movie in its initial campaign is a trailer and then you go from there and they've pretty much done everything when they want to do it, not at the beckon of when fans think they should do it, which is the way you're supposed to do your plan. Whether it works or not is something different and an argument to be had in August but as of right now, they're handling business the way they're supposed to.

And when it comes to CGI, especially with this audience, I'd make sure its as good as it can be when we present that way it's not meh or average