Tyrant (FX Series/Official Thread)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They wanted to cast McNulty from the Wire as Barry. :russ::laff::laff::deadmanny:

No fukks given even trying to make this nikka look middle eastern.:pachaha:

BCSDPIB.gif

mcnulty looks white as fukk at least this british actor "looks" middle eastern....

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, just watched this and agree with most of the comments. The kids and wife are definitely annoying. Barry being all solemn, although a part of his character was annoying. He's been married for 19 years, but never opened up to his wife about the reasons he doesn't want to be associated with his family :comeon:.

His brother Jamal out here raping everyone and driving reckless as hell :demonic:

His wife is bad though :steviej:

Politics aren't really my thing, so the premise isn't something that naturally grabs me. I'm going to stick with it to see how it develops, but so many shows going on it won't be hard for me to cut it loose if I don't see improvement.

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
The wife :upsetfavre:

The writers have managed to create the most unintentionally dumb character

I'll give the show one or two more weeks because the concept does have some upside but this episode was :comeon:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's something called self respect. he doesnt want his family's money or to be involved in their shyt. that's pride man... You see how he wanted to stay in a hotel, he keeps his distance. He knows they are bad news...
That was some old Florida from Good Times turning down every good opportunity that would have taken the Evans family out of the projects type bullshyt to me.
If things were at that level with pops that some meaningless display that his father would never even know about was such a major thing for him then he should have just sent a tasteful gift to that wedding and kept his ass at home.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That was some old Florida from Good Times turning down every good opportunity that would have taken the Evans family out of the projects type bullshyt to me.
If things were at that level with pops that some meaningless display that his father would never even know about was such a major thing for him then he should have just sent a tasteful gift to that wedding and kept his ass at home.

but come on barry is not stupid his family is shady as fukk iranians.. dealing with terrorists, the country... yeah barry could accept the money but at what cost...

its like being the son of a drug kinpin but you dont share the same aspirations...

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
I told you guys. This pilot is raw as fukk. I know critics have shyt on it. But I think this series is gonna be gully. I'm all in.

exactly... that's why I don't do judge a show off reviews.... I watch the show myself then I form my opinion on it...

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

Naw breh, Barry knows the deal about his dad and how he makes his money. It is demonic filth money, and he wants no part of it. No one will know, but at least he can go to bed at night knowing he didn't accept the fine things his dad was trying to give him.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
I'm not worried about Barry bein too stoic in the first ep, they're letting all the other characters get established first then we'll see how he moves in this world when shyt gets real. That's what will determine whether this show is a good one or not, his actions and interactions with these other characters. Y'all liked when he laid the smack down on his son right? That should be just the start of his gangsta comin to the surface.