Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol, watch the show flash. outside of one character, all of the “blacks” are biracial.

they are the most over represented group in hollywood, second to jews. sad how alotta black folks defend their own erasure and proper representation.

Jesse Martin and Candice Patton aren't biracial (a lot of people assumed she was half Asian because of her eyes and the pic of her mother that was floating around looked ambiguous, but she's not).

Its ironic they're the most represented yet there aren't that many fictional biracial characters around.

Same with spiderman homecoming outside of danny glover

Laura Harrier
Zendaya
Jorge Lendeborg

:mjpls:

I think you mean Donald Glover, lol. And Garcelle Beauvais isn't biracial.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
b58890248febb8219fd084348ed80f31--storm-xmen-storm-marvel.jpg

c28f0bc0466df0357858961ae7548d9281470c7c8c846ee72df79e9483fbcd87.jpg

images

Clearly Shipp looks nothing like this characterization of storm. Yeah sure :gucci::martin:

You gotta be trolling

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
As a comic head...I think I should add this...

Storm's first Appearance in a comic was in Giant Size X-Men 1 in 1975.

She is considered an African deity from Kenya....

Here is the first time she appeared in the comic.

She is clearly BLACK, and AFRICAN. look at the second picture, those are clearly BLACK AFRICANS

this racially ambiguous phenotype is a hollywood PC attempt at mass appeal for the movies.

But Stan Lee and them intended her to be BLACK in the 70s because they were looking to add a BLACK character to the X-Men

maxresdefault.jpg
:patrice:
I get what you’re saying but are we looking at the same picture? :dwillhuh:It’s clear to me that although they wanted a black character in X-men they did not want to give her the features of a black woman- kinky hair, broad nose. Those traits are obvious markers of our race and they erased that from this character and blamed it on “mutations”. Let’s be honest- they probably didn’t want to turn away white fans by making her too black. Storm may be African but the illustrator didn’t get that memo. let’s not pretend they didn’t know EXACTLY what they were doing.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get what you’re saying but are we looking at the same picture? :dwillhuh:It’s clear to me that although they wanted a black character in X-men they did not want to give her the features of a black woman- kinky hair, broad nose. Those traits are obvious markers of our race and they erased that from this character and blamed it on “mutations”. Let’s be honest- they probably didn’t want to turn away white fans by making her too black. Storm may be African but the illustrator didn’t get that memo. let’s not pretend they didn’t know EXACTLY what they were doing.

Kenyan women do not typically have broad noses. Theyre east African, not West African.

All Africans do not look alike

You saying alotta weird stuff in this thread

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I won't be shocked if have the people who complaining are swirlers.

:ehh:

THEY ARE.

YOUR AVERAGE BLACK WOMAN
DOESNT KNOW OR GIVE 3 fukkS ABOUT STORM.

ITS THE DARK SKIN COSPLAY WENCHES
WHO ARE EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN THAT CHARACTER.

THEY WANT A STORM THAT LOOKS LIKE THEM
ON THE BIG SCREEN.
:devil:
:evil:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
even twitter people tryna clear their 2017 dockets. :mjlol:
Get trolled brehettes :pachaha:
post a pic of your white mom then say your "fellow black people" are racist brehettes. :gucci::heh:

Get scared that you not good enough for MCU-gang so you jump into black-blaming mode brehettes :russ:
this bish is gonna get bushed once Storm finally debuts in a Black Panther anyways
You see all those black faces in the Black Panther trailer? No way are the black audience gonna go for it. She would look so out of place if she was casted.

I hope the bish knows that she fukked up with that last tweet :heh: :banderas:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps

she looks east African, not all east African have broad features...her hair changes, she use to have a mohawk