Tom Hardy Sought to play Apocalypse....

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
372.gif

NOOOOOO no Tom Hardy! Apocalypse is my favorite villain, but most importantly, he's black. Don't you fukk this up Marvel!

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm so fukking conflicted here...he is one of my top 3 actors right now, but I really want En Sabah Nur to be played by a black man...very conflicted here.

En Sabah Nur is a GREY man. Any actor could play him. Racial makeup would be null and void.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon:It would be like getting a white man to play a black albino. In most reprentations of him his features are clearly black.

Apocalypse isn't recognizable as someone of ANY race. Yes, he was born IN Africa... but the whole point of his dejection of due to his racial makeup to BEGIN WITH. It shouldn't matter WHICH RACE it would be. As long it is a great acted representation of that character. If this the case, you should be STILL bytching about Tom Hardy playing Bane who was Mexican.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I don't get how he's "playing" Apocalypse. He was barely buff enough to play Bane, and Apocalypse is like 8 feet tall and obviously not remotely human. Just say he's voicing it because they're obviously going to CGI the fukk out of him anyway, ala Brolin and Thanos.

Fred.
what 8 foot tall actor were you thinking?

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
You foolish roaches are the most mindless of vermin, it borders on hysterical. You think the day of Apocalypse is a fairytale to be told through an IMAX screen while you devour chocolate giblets and giggle at the explosion of computer generated images, and the quips of bi-curious caucasian actors? You may have grown facial hairs that are representative of maturity in all of the planet's primates, yet neither one of you will ever attain a stature of anything beyond BOYS. You waste minutes of your diminishing life away daydreaming about who should imitate THE FIRST, while the genuine god prepares to literally embrace your souls and eradicate your meaningless presence from existence.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You foolish roaches are the most mindless of vermin, it borders on hysterical. You think the day of Apocalypse is a fairytale to be told through an IMAX screen while you devour chocolate giblets and giggle at the explosion of computer generated images, and the quips of bi-curious caucasian actors? You may have grown facial hairs that are representative of maturity in all of the planet's primates, yet neither one of you will ever attain a stature of anything beyond BOYS. You waste minutes of your diminishing life away daydreaming about who should imitate THE FIRST, while the genuine god prepares to literally embrace your souls and eradicate your meaningless presence from existence.

Wrong word usage.....

em·brace
əmˈbrās/
verb
  1. 1.
    hold (someone) closely in one's arms, especially as a sign of affection.
    "Aunt Sophie embraced her warmly"
    synonyms:hug, take/hold in one's arms, hold, cuddle, clasp to one's bosom,clasp, squeeze, clutch; More

2. 2.
    accept or support (a belief, theory, or change) willingly and enthusiastically.
    "besides traditional methods, artists are embracing new technology"
    synonyms:welcome, welcome with open arm

:scust:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
what 8 foot tall actor were you thinking?

You dudes aren't understanding what I'm saying.

The wording of "playing him" is weird as fukk considering nothing aside from the voice is being used, and even that will have heavy vocal effects. Even if they use motion capture of Tom Hardy it's not as if he's bringing anything special to the role....hell, you could do motion capture for Apocalypse. The end product will look and sound nothing like Tom Hardy, same as Josh Brolin and Thanos.

Fred.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
You dudes aren't understanding what I'm saying.

The wording of "playing him" is weird as fukk considering nothing aside from the voice is being used, and even that will have heavy vocal effects. Even if they use motion capture of Tom Hardy it's not as if he's bringing anything special to the role....hell, you could do motion capture for Apocalypse. The end product will look and sound nothing like Tom Hardy, same as Josh Brolin and Thanos.

Fred.
I swear you replied already