Time to admit GUTS is the GOAT character!

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Reading through the golden age now, about to reach the eclipse. This might be the greatest manga I've ever read.

I watched the 2016 anime first and was intrigued. Finished the 97 anime and it left me distraught. I didn't see the eclipse like it was coming.

Nefrodamus

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#90'sgang
There is just not enough art in this thread
guts___berserk_armor_by_nick_ian-db1r2a6.jpg

Daps
Nah.

Can we at least wait until the manga finishes to see how his character fully develops? That is, if that happens before Miura dies lol

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I dont remember where I stopped reading, its been years.. Where is the story line now.

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Do we honestly expect this story to ever be completed?
He better have the plot mapped out beforehand.

I know some authors do it and he better follow through with that.

I dont remember where I stopped reading, its been years.. Where is the story line now.

Finally, healed Casca but, the fairy king warned him there might be some mental baggage from the Eclipse.
His presence ended up traumatizing her.

:mjcry:
Mans can't even see his woman without breaking her.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I was one of those people that put off watching the golden age anime forever because I couldn't believe it was that good and it looked like over the top bullshyt. Then I realized quickly that all of the over the top bullshyt you see in anime and manga is a half ass attempt at jacking Berserks energy.

Guts is one dimensional, but that's the point - and he's an example one dimensional done right. Hell he even breaks that shyt down right before that son of a bytch Griffin set the world on fire.

The anime had the most traumatic cliffhanger I'd ever seen too. Made me drop everything and start the manga that same night. Wasn't ready for the godlike art - or the realization that some of my favorite games BLATANTLY ripped some designs and themes from it. The holy tower arc or whatever.... goddamn. Guts vs Everybody. That's when I had to subscribe to it. He went to war with literally everything people believed in :wow: no superpowers. No gimmicks. Just humanity.

I also remembered all of the people who said "Griffith did nothing wrong" and I want to retroactively throw coffee at all of them. Might be the only character in fiction I personally despise - he's that damn good.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I was one of those people that put off watching the golden age anime forever because I couldn't believe it was that good and it looked like over the top bullshyt. Then I realized quickly that all of the over the top bullshyt you see in anime and manga is a half ass attempt at jacking Berserks energy.

Guts is one dimensional, but that's the point - and he's an example one dimensional done right. Hell he even breaks that shyt down right before that son of a bytch Griffin set the world on fire.

The anime had the most traumatic cliffhanger I'd ever seen too. Made me drop everything and start the manga that same night. Wasn't ready for the godlike art - or the realization that some of my favorite games BLATANTLY ripped some designs and themes from it. The holy tower arc or whatever.... goddamn. Guts vs Everybody. That's when I had to subscribe to it. He went to war with literally everything people believed in :wow: no superpowers. No gimmicks. Just humanity.

I also remembered all of the people who said "Griffith did nothing wrong" and I want to retroactively throw coffee at all of them. Might be the only character in fiction I personally despise - he's that damn good.
Yeah the character's are actually very solid.

Guts and Griffith are Akira and Ryo from Devilman as well as Ken and Shin from Fist of the North Star though.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
He better have the plot mapped out beforehand.

I know some authors do it and he better follow through with that.

Finally, healed Casca but, the fairy king warned him there might be some mental baggage from the Eclipse.
His presence ended up traumatizing her.

:mjcry:
Mans can't even see his woman without breaking her.
Healed as in she isnt retarded anymore? She can properly interact with people again? Nice.