This Motherfukker is stealing jokes from Patrice O'Neal

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
This is how I feel exactly. I listened to Patrice and was a fan for about 3 years before he passed, hearing him talk, develop his act and his viewpoint over that time slowly but surely. Develop a thought, chip away at it for hours on stage or on the radio and hear a polished version a year or two after the initial spark of the idea. It was :blessed:. He not only crafted his points he crafted counter-points, and counters to those counters until he had a solid viewpoint and a solid chunk of stand-up / comedy like Elephant in the Room or Black Philip.

Then a guy hears this, and says it word for word. Not only does that throw "originality" in the bushes, it throws the years of work it took to get to that final product out the bushes.

Without sounding too over the top and in the memory of Patrice I'll use an analogy; it would be like a scientist working for years on a cure and finally cracking it and having no backing to mass produce it. Then instead of a multinational company hiring him, giving him his outlet and his chance to produce it, they just copy his life's work and say "Well, it doesn't matter who figured it out, we have the cure right? Thanks for the Nobel Prize :ld:"

I sort of feel you on all this and I understand your viewpoint

However, in keeping the analogy... if that scientist makes that cure and nobody ever actually picks it up, it stays undiscovered and could wind up eventually lost forever. However, I wouldn't have a problem with a new scientist taking the established work and building upon it and potentially creating something new and better.

Patrice worked and created a lot topics and POVs that a lot of people have had, but he was just the first to spell it out in a coherent manner. However sadly, Patrice isn't here anymore but I wouldn't have a major problem with someone taking his baton and filling the void he left but IF someone did that they NEED to give credit and props to the originator.

Like, not gonna lie I didn't even really get put on to any of Patrice's work until AFTER he died, but I been a fan of Kain's since Brotherly Love. I think stealing is kinda weak but everybody adapts, borrows, plays off similiar topics. At this point in the game, I don't have a problem with Kain still being influenced by dude's work, but he needs to give props and shout outs to Patrice when he speaks on it.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
This is how I feel exactly. I listened to Patrice and was a fan for about 3 years before he passed, hearing him talk, develop his act and his viewpoint over that time slowly but surely. Develop a thought, chip away at it for hours on stage or on the radio and hear a polished version a year or two after the initial spark of the idea. It was :blessed:. He not only crafted his points he crafted counter-points, and counters to those counters until he had a solid viewpoint and a solid chunk of stand-up / comedy like Elephant in the Room or Black Philip.

Then a guy hears this, and says it word for word. Not only does that throw "originality" in the bushes, it throws the years of work it took to get to that final product out the bushes.

Without sounding too over the top and in the memory of Patrice I'll use an analogy; it would be like a scientist working for years on a cure and finally cracking it and having no backing to mass produce it. Then instead of a multinational company hiring him, giving him his outlet and his chance to produce it, they just copy his life's work and say "Well, it doesn't matter who figured it out, we have the cure right? Thanks for the Nobel Prize :ld:"

You make Patrice sound like some Jesus figure. Its just jokes breh.

All I see are a bunch of nikkas hating on a young man trying to eat. nikkas always wanna cry about irrelevant shyt. These are the same nikkas shockingly that bootleg music and steal smartphone apps.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

All I see are a bunch of nikkas hating on a young man trying to eat. nikkas always wanna cry about irrelevant shyt. These are the same nikkas shockingly that bootleg music and steal smartphone apps.

He's trying to eat... off another man's plate. You see nothing wrong with that?

The worst part to me is, he brought a lot of negative attention to YouTube comedians, so now, just because he got exposed as a hack, all these guys are being looked at as hacks.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
He's trying to eat... off another man's plate. You see nothing wrong with that?

The worst part to me is, he brought a lot of negative attention to YouTube comedians, so now, just because he got exposed as a hack, all these guys are being looked at as hacks.

nikka, the other man is DEAD. No one was checking for Patrice like that when he was alive, so I'm not sure why there is such a ridiculous fervor online now regarding his standup. Dude was popular regional comedian, yet nikkas act as if he was the second coming of Christ.

The similarities between Kain and Patrice are few and far in between. I'm just sick of nikkas ignorning their crying kids at home because their online e-arguing for days about bullshyt that doesn't affect them, like this bullshyt.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Man some of ya'll are pissed off about this huh? Let that young boy cook man, he apologized, so move on and either support him or don't. Just don't go on a campaign tryna get other people to stop fukking with him just because you are. Thats hating

Apparently half the dudes in this thread grew up and went to school with Patrice on some ride or die type shyt.

In his original work and shyt, the short stories I guess you'd call them, like that Mario shyt you can tell he's a pretty decent writer himself.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka, the other man is DEAD. No one was checking for Patrice like that when he was alive, so I'm not sure why there is such a ridiculous fervor online now regarding his standup. Dude was popular regional comedian, yet nikkas act as if he was the second coming of Christ.

The similarities between Kain and Patrice are few and far in between. I'm just sick of nikkas ignorning their crying kids at home because their online e-arguing for days about bullshyt that doesn't affect them, like this bullshyt.

It doesn't matter if he's dead or not. It doesn't matter if he was the most popular comedian of all time, or just some bum in a comedy club. The point is, you don't steal jokes from comedians.

Your second paragraph doesn't really make any sense because 1) you're posting in this thread and 2) that's how the internet works. I will agree, some people have taken it too far, posting death threats and shyt, but it's news. It's out there. We're going to talk about it.

Apparently half the dudes in this thread grew up and went to school with Patrice on some ride or die type shyt.

In his original work and shyt, the short stories I guess you'd call them, like that Mario shyt you can tell he's a pretty decent writer himself.

It's not a matter of his talent. It's the fact that he took someone else's work and tried to act like it was an "homage" when 1) he never mentioned that in any of the videos, and 2) he criticized people for doing the same shyt.

And he never apologized for anything. He just made excuses and tried to play the victim.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

A lot of these dudes aren't black though tbh. If thats any consolation. Had one cat in here asking people to tweet it to Opie and Anthony's racist asses so they can further humiliate this young brother.

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin
A lot of these dudes aren't black though tbh. If thats any consolation. Had one cat in here asking people to tweet it to Opie and Anthony's racist asses so they can further humiliate this young brother.

Jesus Christ.. you aren't saying that everyone is hounding Kain cause he's black are you???? lol

Patrice was BELOVED by any creed, any color. I guarantee you if ANY ignorant retard of ANY creed or color tried to swagger jack the way Kain has, Patrice's fans would be going at their neck just the same. (If that's what you're saying)

Others in here saying that the overwhelming love for Patrice never existed until this moment obviously just didn't pay close enough attention. Dudes been riding heavy for this guy for at least his final 4-5 years, myself included. And obviously he got the 2pac treatment once he passed but don't let that downplay the cult following he had when he was alive.

And think what you will about O&A but I asked to tweet it to them because they truly was 'ride and die' for and in Patrice's name and they were almost instrumental in the cult following Patrice has. Those guys had Patricky on over 150 appearances racking up to 2-4 hours per appearance and even tried giving him his own show. A stage and medium that no one wanted to give or was just scared to give him.. but those racist asses did.

Not justifying the dumb shyt that they (mainly Anthony) say, I'm only justifying the strength of what they can and have done for Patrice's name. These guys have shut down and crushed entire radio shows before. As a die hard fan of Patrice and comedy and a man who despises biter's/plagiarism - I (as well as 99% of the people vouching/fighting for Patrice) want to see them (or anyone for that matter) crush this lil dude.

I don't respect Kain at all. Every step he's taken with stealing the material before and after this blew up has been a direct contradiction, disrespect and display of phoniness towards Patrice and his fans.

Someone mentioned earlier that they were still seeing nothing but love still being given to Kain on his videos... That's because he's deleting and blocking every.single.person who isn't painting the picture he's trying to paint
WP0MICA.jpg

Going back to O&A/comedians in high places, I've read elsewhere that for the most part they won't be putting any spotlight on him but the only chance this dude'll have to succeed is keeping up with his videos. They're saying if he tries to expand on his "stand up" career, the dudes basically black balled for life.. This is the highest act of blasphemy in the comedy industry and we've seen how Carlos Mencia's career torpedoed after Joe Rogan and others shed light on that situation.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think this the thing here, people that knew about patrice (o&a apps, general appearances on other shows, etc) really, really liked patrice, but the general public never really knew patrice, cos patrice hurt his own career by trying to be righteous (do it his own wAy and fukk what everyone thinks), this is a man who had a part in the us office and more or less quit, cos he though bj novac was corny and a not funny nerd and said it on the radio :heh:, he wasnt desperate for fame, so some people don't realise how good or how big patrice could've become.

It's a shame, cos a man who was trying to do his own brand of comedy while being a total original not caring if he got famous or not is being shamelessly ripped off in death by someone desperately trying to get fame.

It's so ironical friends.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
nikkas in here reading like fukking Kain groupies and apologists. Playing down the importance of originality and defending this biting shyt.

The new generation has lost it's fukking way I tell you.

Eddie Murphy was inspired by Richard Pryor. But you'd never see Eddie completely bite a joke or concept on the level that this guy did.

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
its some bs and if he was going to try to justify biting a true comedian would have found a way to blame it on shark week

Daps
Reppin
NULL
drawing inspiration is one thing, I mean almost every idea is derivative of something else so it's not really a big deal, but taking a bit verbatim from someone else and not giving credit is just :patrice:

I don't know much about this guy ( I don't really fukk with youtubers and their channels like that ) but I have seen some of material on worldstar, and dude seemed like a thougthful, likable guy, so this is pretty disappointing to hear about; especially since Patrice was my favorite comedian before he died, and I felt he didn't get enough credit for being as good as he was while he was alive. He just needs to own up to it though instead of providing drawn out, bs excuses; it usually just makes shyt worse. As long as he's straight forward and tries to make up for this he should be good, since most people know how to forgive and forget when it comes to less extreme issues( with only a minority being vocal about it afterwards), and since he seems like a good dude with enough original material out to still give him credence as an artist, so he shouldn't have too many issues for long. Really,he should focus on trying to atone for the situation; give patrice his shout outs, encourage people to buy his shyt, and properly reference anybody else he borrows from so it doesn't take a controversy for people to get their deserved shine, and so they can eat a bit too. To make it clear , I taking someone's work-someone else's ART- , and passing it off as your own is bad, worse than straight up stealing, but I'm not above forgiveness, and after he apologized the first time around, I couldn't find it in me to stay upset tbh ( it seemed somewhat sincere); he still has to make it right with patrice's people though.

Last edited: