They will know us by the trail of the dead - WALKING DEAD Season 5

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
@AllHolosEve
The point is they did not get an accurate demographic of ATL. Gang or not was never relevant to what I was originally saying.
And also saying all the blacks in ATL made it out alive is just speculation.
i didnt mean EVERYBODY got out, just Black zombies aint there, if we arent there, theres a reason.. my family wont do half the shyt that goes on in this show... we would mostly get out...demographics & people that do stupid shyt aint the same....

im not the one that brought up gangs.. just responded... some hate each other too much,, some cooperate for a common cause...

shonuff

Pro
Daps
And yet again you take the topic out of context.:beli:

Good job.

1. No one said this show was a representative of Atlanta. No duh. We were clearing touching base on the episodes that TOOK PLACE in Atlanta. Not the show in general. Which went over everyone's head.
2. We(or at least me) was again never talking about just black zombies but black characters in general which were very few in those episodes that took place in Atlanta. Especially this recent one. Of course this like 1 went over everyone's head. Who the hell said anything about wanting to see black zombies killed???? When we were just talking about lack of black characters in Atlanta/demographic.

I don't know how @61 Corpses was the only one who understood.

1 YOU were touching base not WE - and only TWO eps took place in ATL -

2. the characters in the show are based on the characters in the comic - most in the comic were white - so to translate otherwise to the show for people who were fans of the comic would lose the already built audience who would be like "WTF this isnt the comic " and since this was a new show that AMC was JUST trying out - wouldnt be a good look - so eventually it went to what it was in the comic- they are mostly white charcters that start the story off -

in fact doing a SHOW and story with characters NOT like the comic is what got darabont tossed off the show - this is why there was a Tdogg and a darryl and a merle and Vatos - all of that was shyt that was never in the comic

the slabtown episode has beth the crazy cops and the doctor and noah - theres really nooone else in the whole thing - so are you saying the cops should have been more black cops or the doc should have been black? in the WD world its like year 2 so....probablly groups that are found maybe they are a little homogenized

again your premise was/is there should have been more black characters in this show - well there are - sahsa tyreese michionne the priest gabriel - daryll rick maggie and carl

thats not counting the dead black people - and pretty much its been only white people that have been "evil" in this show ( only that mute black dude with the govenor was "bad" ) - so what is the point you are trying to make ? if race isnt being represented on the show fairly it would seem you are correct - theres a whole lot of magical negros left only

shonuff

Pro
Daps
the last ep with beth took place in the center of atlanta in a hospital
i understansd that - but its now nearly two years afer the dead are walking - are there supposed to be some mass of black people that the show is oblicgated to to show? - INSIDE the hospital is the only place that has been shown and pretty much its only been the main charcters in the story - gorman the (now dead ) crazy cop - the crazy female cop debra and the doctor and noah - and of course beth

this is the ONLY time they have shown ATL in what 4 seasons ?? thats something like 30 episodes and with only two that took place in ATL?

weve gone from there should be more black people in the background becuase its ATL to now there should be more black characters ( which there are ) to now what.....?

this new episode which out of the 5 speaking character roles - has really only two protagonists beth and noah (who is black ) - is it now the assertion that the antagonists should also have been black??

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
the svu scene with beth''s attacker getting eaten by a walker :banderas:

the call of duty in the elevator shaft :gladbron:

beth getting her true detective on and figure out the doctor sucks just like the rest of the hospital crew ... :ehh:

carol going to go full Liam neason on the hosptial staff :leon:

yeah some of the sex stuff should been clear defined - but overall a good episode

man them hospital folks better hope that carol don't wake up and catch wind that they have been holding beth in there captive. she bout to go full :violent: in there.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
i didnt mean EVERYBODY got out, just Black zombies aint there, if we arent there, theres a reason.. my family wont do half the shyt that goes on in this show... we would mostly get out...demographics & people that do stupid shyt aint the same....

im not the one that brought up gangs.. just responded... some hate each other too much,, some cooperate for a common cause...
I know your not the one who bought up gangs. Anyways I understand your point and not gonna argue any further.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
It seems like you're adding things I never said.

1 YOU were touching base not WE - and only TWO eps took place in ATL -
Which were the episodes I was talking about including this recent one.:beli:

Which counts as three.

2. the characters in the show are based on the characters in the comic - most in the comic were white - so to translate otherwise to the show for people who were fans of the comic would lose the already built audience who would be like "WTF this isnt the comic " and since this was a new show that AMC was JUST trying out - wouldnt be a good look - so eventually it went to what it was in the comic- they are mostly white charcters that start the story off -
Yet the show is not heavily based off the comics. And I can give examples, but I don't want to spoil. But more importantly what you said doesn't dismiss what I said showing an accurate demographic of ATL.. That does not mean they have to make the majority of characters non-white. Especially the central characters.

in fact doing a SHOW and story with characters NOT like the comic is what got darabont tossed off the show - this is why there was a Tdogg and a darryl and a merle and Vatos - all of that was shyt that was never in the comic
Fair point.

They're not really following the comics because Tyrese and Carol are still alive. Those two were dead ages ago in the comics.

the slabtown episode has beth the crazy cops and the doctor and noah - theres really nooone else in the whole thing - so are you saying the cops should have been more black cops or the doc should have been black? in the WD world its like year 2 so....probablly groups that are found maybe they are a little homogenized
Since the show is loosely based off the comics, imo there should have been a good number of black side characters in that episode besides Noah. But its not a big deal.

again your premise was/is there should have been more black characters in this show - well there are - sahsa tyreese michionne the priest gabriel - daryll rick maggie and carl
Incorrect. My premise was that only Atlanta alone should have had a number of black characters(side characters), like those "Vatos" should have been black imo. I mean it is a fair argument since Atlanta is a predominantly black city(in real life). Heck I'm not even the only WD fan who has this criticism. If the WD were to take place in Detroit, wouldn't you expect at least a significant number of black side characters? That's my point.

I never suggested the Walking Dead(whether TV show/comic) should have had more black characters. I was only speaking on Atlanta alone. And imo @61 Corpses made a good point about the "Vatos".

thats not counting the dead black people - and pretty much its been only white people that have been "evil" in this show ( only that mute black dude with the govenor was "bad" ) - so what is the point you are trying to make ? if race isnt being represented on the show fairly it would seem you are correct - theres a whole lot of magical negros left only

Aye...This is not my point. :huh: And again I never really bought up black zombies. I DONT care if there was a good number of black zombies. It seems like you're continuing to add words in my argument.

But anyways I'm not gonna bother with this argument since its not a big deal, but only something the WD writers should take note of.

Last edited:

shonuff

Pro
Daps
It seems like you're adding things I never said.

Which were the episodes I was talking about including this recent one.:beli:

Which counts as three.

Yet the show is not heavily based off the comics. And I can give examples, but I don't want to spoil. But more importantly what you said doesn't dismiss what I said showing an accurate demographic of ATL.. That does not mean they have to make the majority of characters non-white. Especially the central characters.

Fair point.

They're not really following the comics because Tyrese and Carol are still alive. Those two were dead ages ago in the comics.

Since the show is loosely based off the comics, imo there should have been a good number of black side characters in that episode besides Noah. But its not a big deal.

Incorrect. My premise was that only Atlanta alone should have had a number of black characters(side characters), like those "Vatos" should have been black imo. I mean it is a fair argument since Atlanta is a predominantly black city(in real life). Heck I'm not even the only WD fan who has this criticism. If the WD were to take place in Detroit, wouldn't you expect at least a significant number of black side characters? That's my point.

I never suggested the Walking Dead(whether TV show/comic) should have had more black characters. I was only speaking on Atlanta alone. And imo @61 Corpses made a good point about the "Vatos".

Aye...This is not my point. :huh: And again I never really bought up black zombies. I DONT care if there was a good number of black zombies. It seems like you're continuing to add words in my argument.

But anyways I'm not gonna bother with this argument since its not a big deal, but only something the WD writers should take note of.
hmmm nah

i dont see how you are saying its "loosely" based on the comics - its not loose at all

the show is following the comics pretty much in line with its overall story arcs -and kirkman has said in numerous interviews that the show would only differ slightly because he wanted to take som e charcters in directions that he hadnt done in the comic

again seems like you are saying they should have made most of the main charcters black but that woul d be kinda silly since most of the characters in the comic are white and the comics setting is not ATL its the rural countryside where you are just as likely to encounter a white as you are black

the show is pretty much following the storylines up to issue 100 so far - this stuff with beth is some extra background for something else

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Maybe its because im from Atlanta but almost everyone i have talked to about this show from here has brought up the race thing at one time or another. Its pretty jaring to walk around here and see nothing but black folks and then on the show its like they all disappeared. If there was one place in the whole state that would be full of black people both alive and zombies it would be Grady Hospital.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I always assumed the Blacks in the show have a Woodbury like camp somewhere, if all the street nikkas united, they would have enough guns to kill walkers, plus box cutters, knifes etc.

Also how many Blacks live in Downtown Atlanta? If most only work there and the worst of the outbreak happened on a weekend then most of the city walkers being white is believable IMO.

The black workers at the hospital probably left to be with there families like the people at the CDC did :manny:

They should have done a webicode with Black people though, no black employees at the Storage place :comeon:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
fukkity fukk all the fukkin arguin for fukks sake... where the fukk my guy Negan the fukk at?? & is he gonna fukkin say fukk??

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
hmmm nah

i dont see how you are saying its "loosely" based on the comics - its not loose at all

IMO it is and I gave some good examples. Click on the spoilers.

the show is following the comics pretty much in line with its overall story arcs -and kirkman has said in numerous interviews that the show would only differ slightly because he wanted to take som e charcters in directions that he hadnt done in the comic
That's not what I've seen with watching the show...

again seems like you are saying they should have made most of the main charcters black but that woul d be kinda silly since most of the characters in the comic are white and the comics setting is not ATL its the rural countryside where you are just as likely to encounter a white as you are black

That is not what I am saying in the slighest bit. Not even close. No offense but re-read my earlier posts if you wish.

And I know the comics setting was obviously not ATL. I'm talking about the TV show, not the comics.

the show is pretty much following the storylines up to issue 100 so far - this stuff with beth is some extra background for something else
But this does not dismiss my stance with Atlanta in the WD universe.

But anyways we can agree to disagree as again it isn't a big deal.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Maybe its because im from Atlanta but almost everyone i have talked to about this show from here has brought up the race thing at one time or another. Its pretty jaring to walk around here and see nothing but black folks and then on the show its like they all disappeared. If there was one place in the whole state that would be full of black people both alive and zombies it would be Grady Hospital.

Exactly my point, breh. Someone knows that this isn't mere "fake outrage", but a good criticism.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Beth :noah:

episode was cool...like the cliffhanger at the end....I see we about to jump back n forth in the timeline with different groups...i love shyt like that...