They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Can't say I care much. :manny:

So a Medieval period fantasy show doesn't have prominent black (actually any minority) representations. :manny:

We don't expect the upcoming Black Panther film to have prominent white representation either. :manny:

Seems a little opportunistic. Wouldn't be a headline if the show was hot garbage.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I didn't want to comment on this but nikkas gotta stop making excuses. People like Boyega are the reasons WHY we do not have these epic historical/fantasy African based shows, because they are too busy trying to get accepted by whites! Everyone and their mama KNOWS GOT is a WHITE repeat WHITE show. This is nothing new.

And I don't care if I sound c00nish but I would prefer if blacks stayed out of white shows because white writers do not know how to write well developed black characters for the most part. Not only that but the non-white characters in GOT have been written badly. Also the show takes place in medieval Europe mostly.

But more importantly we now know that the state of Georgia is becoming bigger and bigger when it comes to Film/TV production and that Atlanta is the "Black Hollywood", with all this in mind why the hell do these black folk in this industry STILL make excuses? White the this and stuff like the Oscars. Black Panther is being filmed in the ATL by a black director. If you want blacks in GOT then blacks should make their OWN one.

j6a4jXa.gif

WHAT?!?!?! :dahell:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
j6a4jXa.gif

WHAT?!?!?! :dahell:
How the heck is there any confusions to what I said? Instead of worrying about black characters NOT being in white shows based on white people history, how about instead researching African history and doing a show based on what you studied. Thats what the creator of GOT did. He RESEARCHED European history which inspired him to make a show like GOT.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
A show based on violence, war, incest, and betrayal is not the kind I'd like to see our people on.

The show is filled with back stabbers, incest, murderers, kin slayers and overall miserable people bored with power. I'm glad there are little to no blacks in this world.
So y'all nikkas watch the latest episode of Power?:mjgrin:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How the heck is there any confusions to what I said? Instead of worrying about black characters NOT being in white shows based on white people history, how about instead researching African history and doing a show based on what you studied. Thats what the creator of GOT did. He RESEARCHED European history which inspired him to make a show like GOT.

But there WAS black people in medieval england tho?!!?:dahell: plus there are not just White people in game of thrones the Dothdraki are pacific islandlers/ tribal samoans representations also the Sarnori was egyptian/black representations... :dahell: Also he just wanted to be like JRR tolkien and wanted his own universe to play in as well...

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Y'all citing Black Panther but the only reason Disney is bankrolling Marvel to make Black Panther is because movies like Guardians and Antman popped off too.

Hell they pushed back Black Panther for Spider-Man and there was a Spider-Man movie three years ago so let's not act like Black Panther didn't have obstacles too. If one of those non-Avengers movies flopped we'd be complaining about the absence of BP.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
But there WAS black people in medieval england tho?!!?:dahell: plus there are not just White people in game of thrones the Dothdraki are pacific islandlers/ tribal samoans representations also the Sarnori was egyptian/black representations... :dahell: Also he just wanted to be like JRR tolkien and wanted his own universe to play in as well...

Seriously why the heck do you guys keep bringing up, "buh..buh.. buh.. There were blacks in medieval Europe!" Besides the Berber Moors, blacks in medieval Europe were insignificant and an extremely tiny minority. I would argue even smaller than Arabs outside Iberia and Sicily.

Game of Thrones takes place in Northern/Western Europe i.e UK, France, Germany, Scandinavian, etc. Africans did not even have much contact between those areas of Europe but mostly Southern Europe like Iberia, Sicily and MAYBE mainland Italian. Thats because Southern Europe was in the sphere of the Trans-Sahara Trade, but also because Iberia and Sicily at that time were MUSLIM.

And as for the rest of your point... Those people don't even have a big role in the storyline especially when it comes to Westboros and to be honest GOT depictions of non-white characters outside of Westboros is cringeworthy.

Lastly I don't understand HOW you posts even addresses my point on how blacks like Boyega need to focus on AFRICAN history especially during the medieval times which was better than some shythole backwaters of Eurasia known as Europe.