They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Who in the world takes Bollywood seriously? Black people own a significant part of the entertainment industry in America (in a country where we're the permanent underclass), while y'all drink, bathe, and shyt in the same water. You're acting like ONE man voicing his opinion about ONE TV SHOW is begging an entire race for acceptance, that's the logic of a dumbass. You're a short-sighted dumbass, who can't see how a country that held black people as slaves 152 years ago wouldn't want them to have equal economic footing. That's why these issues exist in the first place, we aren't supposed to have equal representation in America

Who in the world takes Bollywood seriously? Indians, and that's all that matters.

Who in the world takes Nollywood seriously? Nigerians, and that's all that matters.

Boyega is one voice out of a snowballing trend of begging white people in the entertainment industry to see them a certain way in order to legitimize their own self-worth, so his wack ass opinion is certainly fair game for criticism. If you concerned about things like economics perhaps you should be concerned with things other than the white-to-black ratio in Game of Thrones.

This is why I'm such a Lavar Ball fan....Build your own brand, be your own brand, make your own rules, fukk what everybody else thinks.

You call yourself a Prince but since when do princes engage in the activity of begging?

LennoxWine

All Star
Daps
Who in the world takes Bollywood seriously? Black people own a significant part of the entertainment industry in America (in a country where we're the permanent underclass), while y'all drink, bathe, and shyt in the same water. You're acting like ONE man voicing his opinion about ONE TV SHOW is begging an entire race for acceptance, that's the logic of a dumbass. You're a short-sighted dumbass, who can't see how a country that held black people as slaves 152 years ago wouldn't want them to have equal economic footing. That's why these issues exist in the first place, we aren't supposed to have equal representation in America
Godson across the belly, I prove you lost already

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
GeorgeRRMartin1.jpg

This is the writer :francis::francis::francis: Game of Thrones is a great show, but I'm not losing any sleep over having more black people in it..since it is super CACtastic anyways. :hubie: If anyone should be upset are the Asians :heh:

True, and I don't watch the show. But I think we defining the narrative wrong. It shouldn't be "oh so and so race should be included waaah :sadcam:" when it really should be 'Nikka Jones's' story and this pasty santacac's show shoulda never been greenlit.

In other words, I don't support shyt that never intended for me to be included. And if our people are involved, we better be treated with respect.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
One of the reasons i havent watched it.

If you only see us as slaves then fukk you and your bytch ass show.

They better not bytch about black panther if they cool with game of thrones

There will definitely be some furious keyboard clicks and gnashing of teeth over Black Panther

I'm more entertained by the random observations and ruminations in "black twitter" as people keep trying to dub it than most things on tv

We know how to entertain. And we damn sure know how to entertain each other, gotta stop seeking inclusion in spots we're not wanted. Plus game of thrones would be a WEIRD spot to put our people in given the content/context of that show.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Its medieval Europe (so there should've been some equivalent to the Moors) but whatever. Lets make an African Game of Thrones ourselves. That's the first discussion we should be having...
we alll know why they are not going to put Moors in the show :mjpls: @Swagnificent knows his facts on the Moors i am sure he can also tell you why

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Dawg, I can read just fine, condescending bytch ass nikka. I don't watch this shyt, I don't care who's in it, but I'm not going to say that a black man should stifle his opinion. All the nikka did was voice his opinion on ONE fukkING TV SHOW, and y'all corny ass nikkas are running out with this shyt like he's saying "please let me be on Game Of Thrones massa"

still begging your white daddy to put you in a show?

you argue like a bytch please stop

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
These nikka nerds need to kill themselves.

These white shows have a dirty little secret when it comes to casting.....

Not having blacks is part of the overall appeal, it appeals to a white fantasy where it's all about them

Basically they don't want us around
nikka straight up said I choose this show over my race :gucci:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i like the show and don't care about their casting decisions, but this nonsense about it being medieval europe etc and it wouldn't be realistic for there to be black people. :martin: but dragons, white walkers and a night king are realistic? it's fantasy you can do whatever you want.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
He was just expressing how it felt to play a black character in a genre that forgets black people all the time even in 2017.

It is amazing that GoT was never called out before considering how diverse media is today. I just saw Spider-Man where his love interest was played by a Black actress, best friend Asian actor, bully Indian actor, and his future love interest was Mixed.

Lastly, you can tell all those people are trolls because none of them even got 100 likes on their tweets.