There was a time when it looked like Allen Iverson was gonna single-handedly take down Nike

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Only on the coli are the iverson 4's better than the originals.. you guys kill me
06fa638adb5542d13258ab3c20fb3ed2.jpg

I like the OG's. every other :aicmon: shoe was kinda :trash: to me.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
nike got too many classic models probably the most of any brand

but reebok got heat too

so does adidas

shyt puma asics yadda yadda yadda

what makes me sick is how wack the apparel is right now shyt was crack up until early 2000s

now the designs are hella basic

the windbreakers gym tops gym pants jerseys wild

they need to dig in the archives and bring back the heat with premium materials and ace tailoring

:sadcam:please I'm a sportswear addict b+

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
for instance the white variant for the reebok ricky williams texas jersey in my avi

:ohlawd:with an ill windbreaker a dope pocket tee gym pants and
reebok-dmx-run-10-white-1.jpg

these:noah:+

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Those AI 2 and 3's killed the potential to take over.

It's crazy how Nike didn't really have a bad shoe...everything they was putting out was sick....somebody at Nike sold their soul.
My favorite Nikes to this day that i still rock like nobodies business are them Bo Jackson orange and blue trainers

i had a younger head outside my folks building look down at them shyts
then looked back up like :dwillhuh:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Copped the red and blacks a few years ago...always wanted them
kicks are amazing
whatever color

Im over here gettin my flashback on and im thinkin when i was in HS i got the black and white Nike Glove joints Payton wore
and my peeps was raggin me :mjcry:
i used to wear them with zipper down and the skeleton showing

So not too long they got re-released but in white and some other funky lookin color
and one of my peeps from back then was over my spot
and we smokin and shyt and this fat muthafukka gonna say "yo son, you remember them Gary Payton joints with the zipper and shyt? Champs got em online but we should see if they got em in the street yet."
And im lookin at homey like, "yeah i fukkin remember! Yall dawged the shyt out me when we was younger you dunt da dunt!:to:"

nikka was like "woooooord! I remember that shyt. You was TIGHT!!!!:russ:"

I just fell back in my couch amd sat there like that brother in Belly

"You gon get yours B. You gon get yours!":birdman:

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Im sorry g... I fukked with them AI commercials like everyone else but NIKE BEEN had the commercial game on smash
especially the basketball joints
Spike and MJ
Spike and Tim Hardaway
Mr.Robinsons neighborhood
Lil Penny "THATS TYRA BANKS FOOOL!"
Barkley vs Godzilla
NIKE Fun Police
the barbershop joints

Nike was on fire in the 90s

I never said Reebok commercials were > Nike commercials, I said there's a clear influence in that Nike campaign from what AI did. Also you're talking about a different time period. Nike was untouchable in the 90s, but the early 2000s was a culture shift. This was the era of Allen Iverson, And1 Mixtapes, and touring AAU teams becoming huge.

In the Early 2000s, Jordan's turned to straight buttjuice after the XIII's, Barkley/Robinson/90s stars were getting old, and the new hot hype of Penny wore off after he got injured. People paid more attention to the first wave of re-release retros vs. the actual new Jordans. The retro's basically created the Nike SB Dunk phenomenon and this combo basically put the nail in the coffin for new Nike basketball designs until the Huarache 2k4/HyperDunk/Kobe IV era.

There was a small window, like 1 or 2 years for Reebok to get hype, and they did.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I never said Reebok commercials were > Nike commercials, I said there's a clear influence in that Nike campaign from what AI did. Also you're talking about a different time period. Nike was untouchable in the 90s, but the early 2000s was a culture shift. This was the era of Allen Iverson, And1 Mixtapes, and touring AAU teams becoming huge.

In the Early 2000s, Jordan's turned to straight buttjuice after the XIII's, Barkley/Robinson/90s stars were getting old, and the new hot hype of Penny wore off after he got injured. People paid more attention to the first wave of re-release retros vs. the actual new Jordans. The retro's basically created the Nike SB Dunk phenomenon and this combo basically put the nail in the coffin for new Nike basketball designs until the Huarache 2k4/HyperDunk/Kobe IV era.

There was a small window, like 1 or 2 years for Reebok to get hype, and they did.
oh na
I agree mos def
I guess I just maybe read what you said at first wrong
cause yeah early 2k was all about AI and all that street ball shyt
shyt if I can recall correct AI was on the cover of the original line of NBA2ks that dropped on Dreamcast
so yeah, he was on a roll
I just never liked Reebok
they always just looked so fukkin generic to me
the pumps, them above the rim joints, the funny lookin shaq ones and the Shawn Kemp shyts
ugh!:huhldup:
I know when the AI popularity hit hard the folks at Reebok were in the cut somewhere rubbing their hands together like Birdman on some "yes yes!":lolbron:

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
lol at thinking that those cinderblocks were ever going to take down the swoosh. Reebok aint been the mix since classics and 5411's and even then they were getting roasted by the cortez.

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy

XIV's were cold.

shoes_nike_air_jordan_14c.jpg