The Wire: Randy Is The New Marlo

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
wrong..drug dealing comes from being a hustler...Randy fits the profile to a tee, nikka was about getting money...

Randy was smart, to be on a big time scale you have to be smart..

that nikka Pimp C was talking bout "what kind of dope dealer does homework", Randy was smart and did his HW, meanwhile nikkas like Bodie wasn't in school aka wasn't a smart ass pawn

Randy was the future prop joe probably...
Doesnt matter, just cuz u can hustle dont mean u can sell drugs.

I dont know anyone who deals drugs on an even semi large level whodidnt start off when they was a shorty.

You dont jump in the drug game in your 20s and become a kingpin.. It doesnt work like da, atleast not 99% of the time, not in the hood

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Now that I think about it, I could see Randy doing something like this into his adulthood, just to show nikkas he aint the one to be fucced with anymore.

he still isnt the next Marlo tho

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
hes probably a mix tbh
Yea das what I think. I dont think that every kid who grew up to be the next so and so had to fit that person down to a T.
Like dookie was the next bubbles, but he wasnt bubbles at the same time. Dookie was quiet and shy and timid, while bubbles could hold a convo with everyone and make anyone laugh. Im pretty sure he was that way before he became a junkie, dude did have a kid too. Dookie prolly gone die a virgin :sadcam:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Marlo wasn't a sadistic killer. Remember when lex kills marlo's soldier over the female? Snoop was on some "lets shoot everybody up" type shyt. Marlo was like "chill, don't start drama where there doesn't need to be drama" those aren't the words of a sadistic killer.

You can tell from marlo's whole demeanor he was a former soft kid with something to prove. He takes his reputation way too seriously. And from the start you can tell hes all in it for the power. He doesn't want the cash or the violence. He just wants the crown and he makes that clear till his very last scene.

Randy is the new marlo.
Mike is the new omar
I know this is 3 years old but this is an idiotic post. Snoop didn’t say shyt, it was Marlo’s soldiers who wanted to shoot everything up. Chris told him it wasn’t worth it. Marlo was never a soft kid. Where did this poster ever come up with this stupid scenario??
Randy the new Marlo. Mods ban this guy for posting this shyt.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
it's not at all. everyone always says he's either the next Bodie or Prop Joe, both which are wrong. no way people paid attention the show as much as they should have if they can equate Randy with either one of those characters.

and I hate when people say Kenard will be the next Marlo. Bird maybe, but not Marlo

Right Kenard was too dumb and impulsive

DirtyMoney

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. Randy was a hustler and IMO was just shapened up to be a soilder. Sort of link Monk or Cheese(his dad)

But The thing is Randy was never involved in the drug game at any point during the series, so its hard for me to say he becomes a kingpin, seeing as how most kingpins start out dealing drugs at a very young age. Randy was a kind hearted kid who was "hardened". Marlo was a straight up psycopath, you know, the type of person thats BORN crazy. This is the same dude that had a guy and his whole family(including kids) killed over a rumor :huhldup:
Yo ?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They both had the same last name, Wagstaff.

Fred.
Thats why Kenard shouldnt be labeled the next Marlo... Marlo actually cared for animals.
He was more like the new Chris

One similarity you can point out is that Randy throws the first punch in the group home at the end of season 4 to show his bravery and acceptance into a new world... In the finale Marlo goes up to 2 corner dudes and punches one of them and disarms them, showing us the viewer that he was courageous
as well..
But thats kinda farfetched
Kenard worked for Namond at the beginning of his show (though we all know he didn’t respect him), and even at the same age and knowing for sure that he had to learn the game from somewhere and didn’t just come from legacy like a Barksdale, I have a hard time seeing Marlo ever having been under someone.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Kenard worked for Namond at the beginning of his show (though we all know he didn’t respect him), and even at the same age and knowing for sure that he had to learn the game from somewhere and didn’t just come from legacy like a Barksdale, I have a hard time seeing Marlo ever having been under someone.
Marlo had the old head at the rim shop..