The Wire is not very good

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whats funny is that was one of the things they actually based off of real life....

Ehhh....I dunno about all that. I've never been able to find anything about that being based on real life.

Fred.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Ehhh....I dunno about all that. I've never been able to find anything about that being based on real life.

Fred.
I can't remember where I saw it... it might have been one of those little HBO interviews they do... But I think Maryland was considering legislation to legalize drugs at one point.... So when I say "based" on... It is about as light of a "based on" as you can get :laugh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I can't remember where I saw it... it might have been one of those little HBO interviews they do... But I think Maryland was considering legislation to legalize drugs at one point.... So when I say "based" on... It is about as light of a "based on" as you can get :laugh:

Well I did research it too, because I love the show. I was just hoping you had a link or something.

Fred.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Heard about that....u got a link?
Well I did research it too, because I love the show. I was just hoping you had a link or something.

Fred.
Yeah, apparently the the former Mayor got shytted on for suggesting it in the 90's
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/20/us/baltimore-grapples-with-idea-of-legalizing-drugs.html

Several weeks ago Mr. Kaufman was invited to appear before a City Council committee to argue for a resolution urging the Federal Government to consider establishing a commission to supply heroin, cocaine and marijuana to users as a way to neutralize the illicit drug business. Underselling drug dealers and supplying clean needles, he argues, would end turf wars, reduce violent crime, ease the strain on the criminal justice system and curb the spread of diseases like AIDS and hepatitis.

Not quite the same as hamsterdam, but the goal was the same...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, apparently the the former Mayor got shytted on for suggesting it in the 90's
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/20/us/baltimore-grapples-with-idea-of-legalizing-drugs.html

Not quite the same as hamsterdam, but the goal was the same...

They actually did that recently in Canada and as far as I know it works. But it wasn't some under-the-radar shyt:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/world...utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_world+(RSS:+World)

A real life Hamsterdam off the books like in "The Wire" would never work. That shyt would fall apart in a couple days. Still made for good TV though. :manny:

Fred.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They kind of dropped the ball with The Wire...Season 1 was blazing...And then, sputtering...

The Sabotka season was a snooze fest...The Amsterdam season was too fictional, for series that was trying to stick to reality as possible...

The Fake Serial Killer, the same as above, way too fictional...

They should have kept that series on the streets, and just show a little bit of how the drugs get to the streets, but the focus should have been the streets...
lot of wire purist pan this plot cuz it was too cartoony (like u say) and because it wasnt true to mcnulty's character :why: I call bs on both. Its not uncommon for a dirty cop/police force/branch of government offical to manipulate evidence/crimes scenes to fit what ever narative they are transmitting.And as for the 2nd gripe (maybe my memory is hazy but) after playing by the rules and watching the likes of marlo make them look stupid repeatdly he chose to fight fire with fire :yeshrug: