The Void (2017) - Official Thread

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Watched this last night....was disappointed. It started off dope but halfway through they seemed to forget what direction they wanted to take the movie. shyt just had way too many scenes and plots taken from other movies (Hellraiser, Event Horizon, In The Mouth of Madness, The Thing (original not that boring remake) and some effects were done that didnt really seem to even make sense. I understand paying homage to those movies but try to switch it up a little bit. The ending had me scratching my head like WTF. No explanation at all just them holding hands under a pyramid in some other world. Highly disappointed. I'll give it a strong B- to C+. They really dropped the ball with this and it had so much potential. The script went to shyt.

Sutter Kane

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched this last night....was disappointed. It started off dope but halfway through they seemed to forget what direction they wanted to take the movie. shyt just had way too many scenes and plots taken from other movies (Hellraiser, Event Horizon, In The Mouth of Madness, The Thing (original not that boring remake) and some effects were done that didnt really seem to even make sense. I understand paying homage to those movies but try to switch it up a little bit. The ending had me scratching my head like WTF. No explanation at all just them holding hands under a pyramid in some other world. Highly disappointed. I'll give it a strong B- to C+. They really dropped the ball with this and it had so much potential. The script went to shyt.
I'd go with C- I found the homage nice but the fast paced story-line didn't work for the the characters weren't well fleshed out and it didn't give you a chance to give a damn about any of them. practical effects were hit and miss to me also the first creature was great but the last one looked as if the just ran out of budget and said F it. As everyone else how didn't really like said my main gripe was the story. By the end of the movie i thinking please end which i hated to do i really wanted to like it but by the second to third act it went down hill fast. To many scences ive seen in other older horror movies such as From Beyond to be exact

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where are yall watching this? Netflix downloads etc so i know where to dig

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched last night... some good creepy scenes and vibe, but the story needed alot of work. Was the doctor doing experiments or sorcery, was it science or magic? Needed some fleshing out as to how dead stuff that was untouched came alive, etc

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Where are yall watching this? Netflix downloads etc so i know where to dig
Copped on iTunes. It isn't streaming anywhere and I haven't seen it scheduled to come to Redbox yet. So if you're trying to see it legal and free somewhere, it'll be awhile

• Dap
Reactions: hex

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Aside from some cool visuals, and decent tension in the first 20 minutes or so, as well as some ok gore, this was near terrible. Bad acting (The angry Axe man), muddled script, lurching plot, wasted premise and set up.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watched last night... some good creepy scenes and vibe, but the story needed alot of work. Was the doctor doing experiments or sorcery, was it science or magic? Needed some fleshing out as to how dead stuff that was untouched came alive, etc

He contacted that other dimension (The Void) and made a deal with it to bring his daughter back, which is why things were randomly moving around (the car being next to the building, then way across the parking lot) and why there was hallways and rooms that normally weren't there. It's also why people were randomly changing into monsters, the other dimension was affecting them.

If any of you are familiar with H.P. Lovecraft, his stories are like this. He pretty much pioneered the idea of "I want power, so I'll contact another dimension/alien god/whatever and lose my humanity in the process".

Fred.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
He contacted that other dimension (The Void) and made a deal with it to bring his daughter back, which is why things were randomly moving around (the car being next to the building, then way across the parking lot) and why there was hallways and rooms that normally weren't there. It's also why people were randomly changing into monsters, the other dimension was affecting them.

If any of you are familiar with H.P. Lovecraft, his stories are like this. He pretty much pioneered the idea of "I want power, so I'll contact another dimension/alien god/whatever and lose my humanity in the process".

Fred.
I hate movies where some clown is stanning alien gods

"Claire, I'm going to Show you the power. The true essence of what They will provide for us. You will see the vision. You will receive the gifts. This is my gift to you

Like get off that fukkin aliens dikk faggit jesus Christ

In the mouth of madness did it better :camby:

This low budget filth. Had a spark when it started

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Fred.
From Beyond (hp lovecraft) for sure.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If you're familiar with lovecraft it was both

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I hate movies where some clown is stanning alien gods

"Claire, I'm going to Show you the power. The true essence of what They will provide for us. You will see the vision. You will receive the gifts. This is my gift to you

Like get off that fukkin aliens dikk faggit jesus Christ

In the mouth of madness did it better :camby:

This low budget filth. Had a spark when it started
Where's that claire quote from?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Where's that claire quote from?
My brain. Just typical cliche trash you hear in horror movies when the villain is stanning power greater then himself.

watch,

*dark voice*
"claire, you see me now in this form. this shell. The shell i am will soon be empty and replaced with them.
*claire boo hoos listening to maniac*
"claire soon your tears will be replaced with screams of joy as you beg for death only to be reborn in us. You dont undersand but soon.......... but soon"

Im sittin in my bed like :shaq2: