The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
Industries move on all the time. Economies evolve. Large amount of people who worked the switchboards were put out out of work by direct dial calling. You want to bring them back too?
Good point but I just don't know what will evolve from this that will create jobs besides amazon factory workers.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think only the higher end, upscale malls, like Fashion Valley in SD, and South Coast Plaza in Santa Ana, Beverly Center, will last. They have the boutiques, and the Nieman/Nordstrom/Saks, places. Obviously, Wal Mart isn't going anywhere soon, so the lower end will survive too. The largest percentage of malls, all the mid/lower level are out of here. Anytime I'm near or in one, you can taste the incoming demise, it's really bleak. First the stores like Nordstrom, Macy's leave, or shut down, then it's a slow crawl towards death.

Old enough to remember when we went to the mall to try and get girls numbers, and go to the movies, $20 was enough for a movie ticket, nachos, and two items plus fried rice at the Chinese place. Special time in my childhood.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I'm surprised you never hear about the Sneaker stores closing. Online must be really keeping them afloat. In can't be the team Jordans and cheap Adidas keeping them open. There's usually at least 5 big sneaker stores in a major mall. Footlocker, Champs and Footaction are the SAME company yet they usually have their own space in these malls and they never close unless the whole mall closes. Those 3 along with Finish Line and a couple of urban shoe stores like Jimmy Jazz are surviving even though everything can be bought online...

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised you never hear about the Sneaker stores closing. Online must be really keeping them afloat. In can't be the team Jordans and cheap Adidas keeping them open. There's usually at least 5 big sneaker stores in a major mall. Footlocker, Champs and Footaction are the SAME company yet they usually have their own space in these malls and they never close unless the whole mall closes. Those 3 along with Finish Line and a couple of urban shoe stores like Jimmy Jazz are surviving even though everything can be bought online...

With sneaker stores u really gotta go in there and try them bytches out unless u copping the same air max over and over. Some jordans im 10.5 other 11 so id be pissed if i copped the wrong size and go to send em back and the right size aint available

:stopitslime:

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Walmart is still doing good because of their grocery selection. Even target was down last year because of their limited grocery selection. The Internet will probably kill the grocery stores too but I think were a long way from that don't really trust someone else picking out my perishable items like meat and produce.

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
It really was.

Walk thru the mall wit your homie, stop at Baskin & the Robin's, get a chocolate shake, 2 straws, then stop by Sam goody and pick up some CDs
that's ultra gay my nikka.

outlets are doing well
as someone that used to work at an outlet mall, I beg to differ. A few years ago the outlet mall where I used to work used to ALWAYS be packed. regardless of the weather., but nowadays it's damn near a ghost town (compared to back then).
I was at the outlet mall 2 days ago, and it was dead. granted it was tuesday, but still. I went to Ugg, and there was only 4 people shopping.
The only outlet stores that I know of that are doing good, are Burberry, Gucci & higher end stores like them. Even Coach is toeing the line. Years ago Coach would always have a line out the door early saturday/sunday mornings, idk if it's still like that, but I was told that they weren't doing that good.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I remember Randal Park Mall in Cleveland.
:wow:
shyt used to be THEE place to be. Circuit City was right across the way too.

Damn...
:mjcry:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Most won't care about this, but this will have a huge effect on society

it has already..i predicted this last year!

all those cozy retail jobs that the dime piece cuties were use to getting are now GONE..........

I know this one dimepiece whom i helped with her resume was looking to work at Victoria's Secret in retail...

got mad disapointed last year during holiday time when they told her they gonna stick her in the STOCK ROOM and it's only gonna be seasonal and she would only get like 20 hours at the most cause they didn't wanna give her a full 40 because they would have to provide insurance

and they couldn't give her full time anyway cause it was just a peak season ...because most of victoria's secret sales base were ordering online anyway :manny:

and women on the coli got upset when i said Selling RECYCLABAL GOODS is the NO. 1 side hustle amongst working class women (18 to 39)

:mjpls: pretty ladies are gonna have to learn how to be able to adapt to marketing the selling of azz since the selling of consumer goods is at an all time low

Last edited: