The Political Solution for African-Americans is Our Own Political Party

Should we have an African-American political party?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Obama's biggest donations came from big banks and the like... which is why he bailed them out and didn't prosecute any of them.

Prove to me that African Americans have reached the limitations of leverage they can exercise. Judging by our calls for "reparation studies" I'm gonna guess that's a hell to the no.

Jews don't even have a political party and they get shyt done. So why do we need one?

re: Obama's fundraising
Obama fundraising powered by small donors, new study shows

re: Limits of leverage

If the best African-American politicians in the Democratic Party can do is get shut down every year when they bring up the idea to study reparations, then that's the limit! It's quite clear.

re: Jews

Jews in the US are white. Most Jews in the US are Ashkenazi (of German, Polish or Russian origin). It's just that their religion is different. White Catholics got more hate than Jews historically speaking.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
And this is why I made my statements. You will never have an organization that will "save blacks" because black people in general do not put black first. you can merely have an organization that just happens to be run by people who are black but are standing on a united basis. You can't really use Race and Ethnicity as that basis because you will allow in too many "different opinions" which will pretty much lead to nothing ever getting done i.e BLM.

Mindsets can be change about ethnic identity and political interests. It was done in Quebec. It was done in India. It can happen here. Quite easily too. African-Americans are politically disenfranchised (i.e. GOP voter suppression) and socio-economically segregated.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Mindsets can be change about ethnic identity and political interests. It was done in Quebec. It was done in India. It can happen here. Quite easily too. African-Americans are politically disenfranchised (i.e. GOP voter suppression) and socio-economically segregated.

Mere wishful thinking thats all I`m going to say.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Every political party has a candidate they want to endorse. Who would you endorse to lead this new black political party?

Somebody that ALL black people can rally behind, respect, who will be non compromising? I would suggest Umar Johnson (smart, experienced, moral, strong leadership skills), or crazy as it sounds Dame Dash(born leader, fighter, strong business mind, respected in the community).

Please don't propose someone who has already been getting them political bags dropped off. If the person isn't prepared to die for his people (like Deeray and the rest of the CAC life matter sellouts, just get paid and run).

You should do your hw and see what you need to get started.

I want a repatriation program back to Africa as well as dual citizenship added to the referrendum.
Add that to the list and the 2020 election this party could be on the ballot.

The members of the party would elect a national chairperson after a caucus. I wouldn't suggest Umar Johnson. Has he built the school yet? But, if him or Dash prove themselves worthy - then they'd have a shot.

I have no one in mind yet. Someone will wisdom, rhetorical skills, political skills will rise up. Nature abhors a vacuum.

I wouldn't recommend repatriation back to Africa. Your ancestors built the US via stolen labour/land. You have a right to its and its wealth. Moreover, where can you put 40 million African-Americans. I can forsee African-Americans ending up as a mercentile ethnicity scattered across Africa but your political rights would be at the whim of autocrats/demogogues.

The best option is creating a space of Black political autonomy in America. Your homeland. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And this is why I made my statements. You will never have an organization that will "save blacks" because black people in general do not put black first. you can merely have an organization that just happens to be run by people who are black but are standing on a united basis. You can't really use Race and Ethnicity as that basis because you will allow in too many "different opinions" which will pretty much lead to nothing ever getting done i.e BLM.
This romanticism has killed black people. Thinking or waiting on someone to save them is not reality. Everyone accomplishes what they need to accomplish on their own. We can help and assist one another...but too many "institutionalized" blacks will have to walk a long road by themselves to get right and realistically, by and large that ain't happening.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This romanticism has killed black people. Thinking or waiting on someone to save them is not reality. Everyone accomplishes what they need to accomplish on their own. We can help and assist one another...but too many "institutionalized" blacks will have to walk a long road by themselves to get right and realistically, by and large that ain't happening.

The simple fact OP brought up the "changing mindsets" thats all I need to hear. :russ::mjgrin:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
The simple fact OP brought up the "changing mindsets" thats all I need to hear. :russ::mjgrin:

If you asked an Irish Catholic person in 1820 if they'd ever be free from British rule, they'd say no. If you asked an Irish Catholic person in 1916 if they thought they'd ever be free from British rule, they'd say maybe. If you asked an Irish person in 1920 if they'd form a Republic, they'd say yes.

The key to nationalism is the belief that their nation can achieve the goal of political autonomy. So yes, historically and presently mindset changing is crucial and can be done.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Wait that your inane counter? Ridiclous. Not only that IF black were to annex Mississippi(why only MS and not GA), why the hell would the USA nuke a country right close to it where radiation would spread???:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

And at MINIMUM the USA would be on thin ice globally. The USA would waste all of this because a nation is "black." By your silly logic the USA should have been nuked the Caribbean///

@MansaMusa silly argument like these ruin threads like these.

Not necessarily a nuke but they have no issuing in bombing blacks

05151985DN_400A.jpg

1985_move_bombing.jpg

black-wall-street_bombing.jpg

:hubie:I'm pretty sure they said the same as yall

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If you asked an Irish Catholic person in 1820 if they'd ever be free from British rule, they'd say no. If you asked an Irish Catholic person in 1916 if they thought they'd ever be free from British rule, they'd say maybe. If you asked an Irish person in 1920 if they'd form a Republic, they'd say yes.

The key to nationalism is the belief that their nation can achieve the goal of political autonomy. So yes, historically and presently mindset changing is crucial and can be done.

Key word is Catholicism, this is the key to their nationalism. The same way White people can call themselves "Jews" and rally together behind that.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Key word is Catholicism, this is the key to their nationalism. The same way White people can call themselves "Jews" and rally together behind that.

The key to Black people's nationalism is of course, the colour of our skin. Which is why Black nationalism has also worked in white supremacist states i.e. South Africa and the African National Congress. Black people have invented ideologies to match the source of our nationalism, see Frantz Fanon/Walter Rodney.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The key to Black people's nationalism is of course, the colour of our skin. Which is why Black nationalism has also worked in white supremacist states i.e. South Africa and the African National Congress. Black people have invented ideologies to match the source of our nationalism, see Frantz Fanon/Walter Rodney.

The difference between SA and America is in America you have Blacks who have bought into the system of White Supremacy due to the complex history of America. In SA Blacks were never robbed of their history so they knew exactly who they were and knew who the enemy was. In America Blacks have much more complex backgrounds which creates the complex situation.

Like I said I`m not here to argue or debate because I`m not in the business of changing minds and convincing people on what they need to do for themselves.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A political party is fine and dandy and a natural checkpoint in our progression...but more than anything we need a national homeland. Not a broad definition like Africa but a nation of our own. We are the only group of people on planet earth with no country of our own we can look to that retains our traditions, unmolested cultural practices, etc. That's why Jews snatched Palestine they were considering parts of Uganda at first. Blacks need to carve out a nation, populate it with African Americans and forever look to that country as an untapped representation of black America because nikkas here change with the wind. Whatever the crakkka green lights black people jump on it whether its music, fashion whatever. That doesn't happen to other racial groups because they look to their homeland for innovation, not outsiders.