The Orville - Star Trek Satire Comedy From Seth MacFarlane And Jon Favreau

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
so now they're technically displaced in time...wonder if they'll follow up on that

I think so. The first officer said something like "According to temporal laws, we're supposed to commit suicide now".
They must be breaking some kind of "Temporal Prime Directive" by existing.

Here's what I think will happen: This episode made it clear that teleportation technology hasn't been invented yet. But when the captain took the teleportation device instead of destroying it he stuck it in a drawer. I think somewhere down the line someone from engineering will find it and try to reverse-engineer it. If they "invent" transporter technology 200 years too early, they'll start messing up the timeline so bad that they'll threaten to destroy the universe.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm surprised at how un-"self-aware" they're playing this, for the year 2017. It goes by without question that aliens Earth knows nothing about speak English and behave in a ways comprehensible to modern Americans. Noone questions why aliens have a giant hardcover book bible that's read from left to right unlike Hebrew or Arabic or other non-"western" languages. They're playing the show like Gene Roddenberry is still alive and overseeing everything.

Did anyone else think that when Isaac suggested mating with a human woman, they were making a reference to Data and Tasha Yar in that early TNG episode?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Hope it lasts longer than a season but if it's only lasting a season I'm happy with it. The social commentary in this episode right now is Black Mirror level.