The Official Playstation VR Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Batman, yea. Rift is getting RE at the beginning of next year, when Sony loses the exclusive.

I truly believe, in respect to quality games (in general and for exclusives) Oculus is winning. Now in terms of quantity of games available, The Vive has that. Sony has a lot of the vive games to, I'm sure, but I really like the exclusives that are on the RIft. Some of the best VR experiences you can have right now
Such as?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
My wife got me this shyt for Christmas :wow:

I heard you can't use the move joystick attachment for most games. I'd trade a little immersion for accessibility, I don't like the idea of having to wave wands around to move.
Yeah. The best games have support for the standard controller. There are a few games with move controller support that are dope too, but the benefit of the controller is that free movement is a lot easier to handle. The trade off is that it's a lot better to use 2 hands with the move controllers so it really depends on the game as far as which controller set up works best in VR.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Just copped GT Sport now that single player campaign was added.

Doom, Skyrim on the way...

It's a Festivus miracle :blessed:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yeah. The best games have support for the standard controller. There are a few games with move controller support that are dope too, but the benefit of the controller is that free movement is a lot easier to handle. The trade off is that it's a lot better to use 2 hands with the move controllers so it really depends on the game as far as which controller set up works best in VR.
I feel like games like doom and skyrim would benefit from that attachment. Right now the choice is either play with the standard controller, which breaks the experience but makes the games more playable. Or two move controller, which feels good of everything that doesn't involve moving around.

B002I0K6X6.01.lg.jpg

Why isn't this a option?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I feel like games like doom and skyrim would benefit from that attachment. Right now the choice is either play with the standard controller, which breaks the experience but makes the games more playable. Or two move controller, which feels good of everything that doesn't involve moving around.

B002I0K6X6.01.lg.jpg

Why isn't this a option?
:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I'm so glad I waited until I was able to grab a PSVR before I played RE7

Spent about 40 minutes playing it with the headset on, amazing.... I'm looking into car windows, peeking over corners, bending down and staring at the details of dead birds on the ground, looking behind curtains in tubs.... it literally feels like I'm ACTUALLY IN THE GAME

then spent about another 10 minutes playing it on a reg 2d screen. (60" Sony Bravia 4K/HDR)

I'm on a pspro which enhances the resolution from 1080p to 1680p and I have HDR mode on and believe me when I tell you, none of that extra sh1t compares to playing it with the headset on

No way in hell I'm gonna play the rest of this game on a regular ol flatscreen when I can be IN THAT B1TCH...

Even with the resolution dip VR is the only way to play this game imo. Nothing beats the immersion it provides

I feel sorry for folks who played through the game on a tv/monitor.

Doing my first playthrough the right way

:wow:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Spent about 40 minutes playing it with the headset on, amazing.... I'm looking into car windows, peeking over corners, bending down and staring at the details of dead birds on the ground, looking behind curtains in tubs.... it literally feels like I'm ACTUALLY IN THE GAME

then spent about another 10 minutes playing it on a reg 2d screen. (60" Sony Bravia 4K/HDR)

I'm on a pspro which enhances the resolution from 1080p to 1680p and I have HDR mode on and believe me when I tell you, none of that extra sh1t compares to playing it with the headset on

No way in hell I'm gonna play the rest of this game on a regular ol flatscreen when I can be IN THAT B1TCH...

Even with the resolution dip VR is the only way to play this game imo. Nothing beats the immersion it provides

You have experienced how great VR can be. @Kamikaze Revy is always mentioning how you can’t understand VR until you’ve tried it. I think he’s right.

Have fun breh :wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i need that Portal 3 in VR breh

dafuq is the hold up

:mjcry:
That and Half-Life 3. Valve use to be all over new tech (and they are with the Vive) but they need to make games again. Portal 2 is the GOAT puzzle game, and Half-Life 2 is like the GOAT story telling FPS

Genos

Superstar
Daps

Yep, I went through my first play though with VR and TV doesn't compare. I envy you, going through RE7 with VR is possibly the best gaming experience I have had in my life. I wish I can erase my memory and do it again. No game has come close.