The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

Meadz

All Star
Daps
Just watched, man I love this series. :wow:

In regards to Angela's hacking skills:
I'm thinking that Angela spent the whole weekend having Mr. Robot teach her how to do that specific hack which is probably why Elliott doesn't remember anything. IIRC, Irving doesn't know about Elliott's split personality so Angela would want to keep that from him

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Let me see if I understand some of the puzzle pieces here:

-White Rose (in his role as a Chinese government official) was in charge of the particle accelerator project in New Jersey. Elliot's father worked for him in some way. The project was rumored to have created a gravitational "Mystery Spot", according to the links from the show's E-Corp reddit page. Some kind of radiation from the plant killed Elliot's father as well as Angela's mother. Outside of the Dark Army, Price is the ONLY one that knows of White Rose's involvement.

-Mr Robot and Angela are motivated by the fact that they believe Price and E-Corp are solely responsible for their parent's death. Because of this they're willing to work with White Rose and kill anyone who works for E-Corp. But they have no idea that White Rose is more directly responsible for their parents' deaths than anyone at E-Corp

-Price and E-Corp don't really know or care what is going on at the plant. They're indifferent that whatever happened there killed people. Price motivation for working with the White Rose and the Chinese government is to inflate the value of their own proprietary "E-Coin" cryptocurrency and make as much money as possible. But they feel that the Chinese are not holding up their end of the deal by trying to take control of Bitcoin instead.

-At this point, F-Society no longer exists. It's just another "mask" worn by White Rose's Dark Army. The Dark Army always intended to let F-Society and Tyrell take all of the blame and get thrown away.

-The FBI agent knows that the Chinese government official is a transvestite, but she doesn't know or suspect that he's "White Rose", the head of the legendary terrorist organization "The Dark Army". However, she's figured out that the Dark Army is the real force behind everything being blamed on Tyrell and F-Society.

Somehow, Elliot is going to have to become aware that White Rose is behind his father's illness. Then, the full murderous fury of Mr Robot can be unleashed against the Dark Army. (I expect a "Total Recall"-style twist that Elliot's father actually willingly helped White Rose, at least at first).

One question I have is:
Is the Chinese government itself aware of what White Rose is doing, or is White Rose basically a James Bond supervillian trying to turn Zaire/The Congo into his personal supervillian lair?

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Like someone said a few pages back, there is a mine in the Congo that White Rose wants control of because they produce a mineral that is used in the manufacturing of every computer motherboard being made in the world. I think the end game for White Rose is total supremacy in the shadows. His government job by day allows him to network and make deals while the Dark army are a goon squad that enacts whatever back stabbing White Rose needs to do to take over.

I think eventually Elliot will learn the truth that White Rose is somewhat behind his fathers death and that’s when him and Mr Robot will merge and he will be his “true self” with both parts working as one with no memory lapses. But this will make Angela his rival because I believe she will be so enthralled with White Rose she won’t believe that it was White Rose who had a major hand in the death of her mother. Or maybe something will happen and further fuel the merging of Elliot and Mr Robot.

Speaking of breaking bad, someone needs to send Darlene on a trip to Belize. Never rat on family... never :ufdup:

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Just watched, man I love this series. :wow:

In regards to Angela's hacking skills:
I'm thinking that Angela spent the whole weekend having Mr. Robot teach her how to do that specific hack which is probably why Elliott doesn't remember anything. IIRC, Irving doesn't know about Elliott's split personality so Angela would want to keep that from him

Very plausible :ehh:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Angela is done brehs

Dark Army is gonna come thru the building

I can finally respect her character now though after this episode.
Season 1 she was lame and getting cheated on.
Now she is a full on Dark Army agent badass on the front lines.
Still Hope Elliot smacks her for working with 'him' but Beta has my respect now.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think eventually Elliot will learn the truth that White Rose is somewhat behind his fathers death and that’s when him and Mr Robot will merge and he will be his “true self” with both parts working as one with no memory lapses. But this will make Angela his rival because I believe she will be so enthralled with White Rose she won’t believe that it was White Rose who had a major hand in the death of her mother. Or maybe something will happen and further fuel the merging of Elliot and Mr Robot.

Man can you imagine the fukkery of that episode? :heh: gonna make the hallucination episode from Season 1 look like child's play.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The tension in those elevator scenes was :wow:

The way that riot started had me tense as fukk.

"Show me what democracy looks like!"

"This is what democracy looks like!"

"Settle down! Everyone! Settle! Down! :beli:"

*chaos*

yea that whole shyt was intense :banderas:

the camera work this episode :banderas: like true detective s1e5:banderas:, tracking shots :banderas:

elliot crashing a meeting room, acting bossy AF to hide from security :banderas:

shanks

All Star
Daps
fWIAAk3k73L5X3wJfyWrEhepBM2sdrxRzaWPdADqlPY.jpg

Always eating that Red WheelBarrow :wow::russ:

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
fWIAAk3k73L5X3wJfyWrEhepBM2sdrxRzaWPdADqlPY.jpg

Always eating that Red WheelBarrow :wow::russ:
Get paid by the Dark Army in expensive fast food brehs.
:ohlawd:
Spend your entire Dark Army paycheck on expensive fast food brehs.
:banderas:

#teamfatman approves of this character:steviej:

The funny thing is until I hit this thread I just assumed the bag was full of ribs or burgers. My stomach was thinking for me. I thought he was being a smartass and saying "here are some burgers for your trouble after almost getting killed in a riot we started.":dead:

Really enjoying this season:jawalrus:

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
When your brother is an international terrorist and accomplice in the worst financial crime in the history of money

And you're staring at 35+ years in Federal prison
And/or possible murder victim

You might cut a deal
but did you tell them how your brother is fukking looney toons, could probably get off on that, and the fact that you were the one constantly pushing him to do the shyt whenever he told you he was finished with it

it's never the innocent bystander.. it's always the one who was happy to participate, egging you on, loving every minute, who will be the first one to point the finger and dime you out as the kingpin

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Episode was :wow: status.

As far as people saying Angela = Elliot, that's 100% accurate but it has nothing to do with skill level. All the heavy lifting for Phase 2 is done, and this ep Angela proved she can fill in the blanks without Elliot. It's basically season 4 of "Breaking Bad", with Dark Army = Gus, Elliot = Walt and Angela = Jesse.

Fred.