The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
im saying bruh...those are big things...His jumper AND his defense

Shooting is one of the most improvable skills there is in the league. Plenty of people have come into the league with no jumpshot at all and have developed one at some point. And Simmons jumper isn't even that bad from what I've seen . He just doesn't shoot them.

Here's his jumper in this video if you wanna see

And defensively he has the physical tools and athleticism to become a pretty good defender in time. If he was limited physically then I would be concerned.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ISO

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Zach is not a 1. No amount of parading him around there will make him a 1

Yes he can be....dude is such a great shooter as well. With thibs coaching and Hield at the wing I think it would work. I would rather have Zach and Hield than Kris Dunn and Zach

Zach numbers this year were crazy and even crazier post all star. Hield is probably one of the top 5 best shooters in the NBA and he isn't even there right now

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yes he can be....dude is such a great shooter as well. With thibs coaching and Hield at the wing I think it would work. I would rather have Zach and Hield than Kris Dunn and Zach

Zach numbers this year were crazy and even crazier post all star. Hield is probably one of the top 5 best shooters in the NBA and he isn't even there right now
No really, he can't.

And if you watched the team, you'd know WHY his numbers improved post all-star break. Matter of fact, not even just the numbers, it explains why his +/- wasn't as deplorable as it was before.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
i havent watched all his games, needless to say...

But from what I watched...someone please explain to me (im a sixers fan)....beyond having great court vision and being a great passer...what is this simmons fascination? He can handle and hes quick at 6'10...but hes not some "super athlete" that plays above the rim as far as i can see. He cant shoot (his jumpers not broke though)... I know hes different because he plays like a PG at 6'10...are we just assuming hes going to learn how to score? He doesnt have great length either i noticed (short arms). He doesnt project to be a great defender as far as I can tell

I just dont get that hes a sure thing superstar that you can build around. Break it down for me
He doesn't play like a PG, but like Odom, he has excellent court vision.

He is fast in the open court. He is player who can score well for his age. My issue his his length. He really is build like Michael Beasley but doesn't score in the paint as good as Mike or shoot as good but Ben is quicker and a better ball handler. He also has higher BBIQ. He's a special talent in the way Michael Beasley. I don't worry but if you build around him, who knows and he's not a malcontent either. He moves his feet well but he is not constantly engaged in defense.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No really, he can't.

And if you watched the team, you'd know WHY his numbers improved post all-star break. Matter of fact, not even just the numbers, it explains why his +/- wasn't as deplorable as it was before.
A lot of these posters are highlights posters. I try not to response to those who want to waste rime

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Hield is James harden with a work ethic
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
i havent watched all his games, needless to say...

But from what I watched...someone please explain to me (im a sixers fan)....beyond having great court vision and being a great passer...what is this simmons fascination? He can handle and hes quick at 6'10...but hes not some "super athlete" that plays above the rim as far as i can see. He cant shoot (his jumpers not broke though)... I know hes different because he plays like a PG at 6'10...are we just assuming hes going to learn how to score? He doesnt have great length either i noticed (short arms). He doesnt project to be a great defender as far as I can tell

I just dont get that hes a sure thing superstar that you can build around. Break it down for me
he's a slightly better Julius Randle:mjlol:
wasn't Randle top 5 in assist for power forwards last season