The MCU is stale without Dr Doom

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i disagree...i think the reason it may feel a lil stale is cause right now people want the payoff of thanos...he's been hyped for years now, and it's felt like a slow crawl to get to him doing shyt.....i understand them building up the universe, characters, etc. but at this point it's like 'damn, hurry the fukk up already'...i say that cause we know until we get him, nothing major is really gonna happen in the movies leading up to him....he is the major event and all the shyt will go down cause of him....

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nah there's a panel where Hank Pym is in his yellow jacket costume and he backhands her and leaves her unconscious. I think those character flaws are essential to the characterization of characters in any media. Characters are flawed in movies, video games, t.v. shows, songs, and people are flawed in real life. I don't understand why comics should be any different.
Nah the panel was skipped, the writer said this, it was never meant to imply he beats her, but that he pushed her off.
Hank Pym was Not a Wife-Beater – JimShooter.com
In that story (issue 213, I think), there is a scene in which Hank is supposed to have accidentally struck Jan while throwing his hands up in despair and frustration—making a sort of “get away from me” gesture while not looking at her. Bob Hall, who had been taught by John Buscema to always go for the most extreme action, turned that into a right cross! There was no time to have it redrawn, which, to this day has caused the tragic story of Hank Pym to be known as the “wife-beater” story.

Just fukked up mistake.
That said I don't mind characters being flawed in novels where there is a deifnite beginning and end to stories, but in western comics you introduce that you introduce it for ever and it will never be able to go back to what it used to be. mid 80s and all the 90s to the present the superhero "deconstruction" has destroyed past characters. Comics don't have to reflect real life, everyone doesn't have to be a damn tragic hero with faults and flaws, there still should be avenues for solid epic hero stories where the hero represents the best of society or the positive traits of the community.

This is why people can relate and cherish Goku, this is why people love luffy, this is why people still care about Naruto. Everyone doesn't have to be a dark anti hero

parallax

Superstar
Daps
You add that to ultron and the fact he invented another robot to defeat the avengers that only he knew the weak point of all in an effort to play the hero. It's more than just the wife beating. He's insecure, crazy and a genius. The Spiderman caping is bullshyt though.

Doesn't help that they still have people talking down to him like he's an incompetent. Stark, Danvers, and even Barton have spoken down to him. Hell having Janet constantly shyt talk him despite not checking herself for putting him in that boat would drive anyone crazy. And even then, he's still set up constant women's shelters and shyt in her name.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Cant just be throwing out the Kangs and Annihilus' and the goddamn Galactus' and shyt out there to make a couple bored muthafukkas cheese it up and be happy.
Gotta knock down the subpar bad guys first. Get ready for the big dogs.
Now if Thanos is some push-over then I'll be a lil tight.
Until then, I havent really had a problem with anything with the villains.
How the hell could I have expected it to REALLY go down in some of these past flix when theyre already telling me to get ready for Infinity War time? :martin:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Bu bu bu bu bu but everyone always picks on DC related stuff.:sadbron:

Bu bu bu bu bu bu but you cant criticize anything about Marvel.:why:

The Mouse stans this, the mouse stans that!:sadcam:

Side note..... per Dem c00ns logic..... since TS said something unflattering about the MCU does that automatically make him a bunny stan?:picard:

@wire28 @jayshiggs @BXKingPin82 Do we need to be so miserable, angry, mad, then whine and grovel to @hex @Jax to ban these deplorables?:hhh:

Whats the protocol?:gucci:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Bu bu bu bu bu but everyone always picks on DC related stuff.:sadbron:

Bu bu bu bu bu bu but you cant criticize anything about Marvel.:why:

The Mouse stans this, the mouse stans that!:sadcam:

Side note..... per Dem c00ns logic..... since TS said something unflattering about the MCU does that automatically make him a bunny stan?:picard:

@wire28 @jayshiggs @BXKingPin82 Do we need to be so miserable, angry, mad, then whine and grovel to @hex @Jax to ban these deplorables?:hhh:

Whats the protocol?:gucci:

:mjlol:
New smiley use is impeccable.
We got three MCU movies on deck this year. We can't do miserable and angry convincingly. Let's stay on the high road. :myman:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
New smiley use is impeccable.
We got three MCU movies on deck this year. We can't do miserable and angry convincingly. Let's stay on the high road. :myman:

Youre right.... they go low, we go high!:lawd:

So eloquently stated breh:whew:

Let's remain benevolent and keep the peace. Mods on second thought... we dont want no one banned, we good.... we better than that:win:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I still never got around to watching the F4 reboot:manny:

I think Marvel could get Doom right aesthetically speaking. They'd have him looking the part. But you can't just throw Doom out there dolo which means they would have to work out a Sony type deal to reboot F4 with Marvel taking care of the creative side. I feel like the general pubic has soured on the Fantastic Four in general and have definitely soured on multiple reboots of the same franchises. Plus, I don't think I would be able to survive the corniness of never ending one-liners between Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm:damn:The second they had Doom up there like a nikka on Comic View I'd have to throw in the towel, brehs. Their villains thus far have kind of just been there as excuses to se our heroes be heroes. Doom is his own entity. He's not just someone's foil. He should be able to be on screen with RDJ's Ironman and not just hold his own but even outshine dude. I don't see that happening anytime soon with Marvel's track record of villains. I'd love to be wrong, doe:yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I always wanted to see Dr Doom and Venom done right in the MCU but both of these options sadly seem to be very unlikely.

I think a lot of shyt can happen between now and phase 4-5

I mean think back to phase 1-2..... Cats didn't even think we was getting Spider-Man.... yet alone Black Panther

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Characters been around for 50+ years. If you took first appearances and compared them to first MCU appearances it would be equally wack

Can't put everything in the first appearances and then have em on autopilot for the next 10 or so movies, that's how TV shows get stale. They gotta ration it out for better or worse

If these were planned trilogies instead of continuing storylines it'd be different

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I still never got around to watching the F4 reboot:manny:

I think Marvel could get Doom right aesthetically speaking. They'd have him looking the part. But you can't just throw Doom out there dolo which means they would have to work out a Sony type deal to reboot F4 with Marvel taking care of the creative side. I feel like the general pubic has soured on the Fantastic Four in general and have definitely soured on multiple reboots of the same franchises. Plus, I don't think I would be able to survive the corniness of never ending one-liners between Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm:damn:The second they had Doom up there like a nikka on Comic View I'd have to throw in the towel, brehs. Their villains thus far have kind of just been there as excuses to se our heroes be heroes. Doom is his own entity. He's not just someone's foil. He should be able to be on screen with RDJ's Ironman and not just hold his own but even outshine dude. I don't see that happening anytime soon with Marvel's track record of villains. I'd love to be wrong, doe:yeshrug:

I think marvel is aware of dooms superstar status. So far outside of Zemo and Loki we've dealing with low tier villians so I guess marvel feels it's OK to toss them in the trash afterward. I know marvel knows they aren't gonna get away with that shyt. Respect for involving the f4 with doom. So many people I've talked about this with only want doom and don't give a shyt about the crew which is weird because I've always seen them as a package. But then again, so many people think that namor is one of Panthers villains....

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
full
full
full