The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Also

Wouldn't be suprised if that old lady was stoned to death by her own people... seems like to me, that whole scene in the diner where their leader was telling Laurie that that she cant have any doubt, that pretty much was a threat that she'd end up like that old lady if her faith wavered and if she kept expressing feelings and emotions... remember she said "doubt is fire, and it will burn you to ash" I dont know if that was a symbolic metaphor or was she being literal, because that was literally how that old lady ended up:mjpls:

I think Laurie caught the threat too which is why she put on that whole show in front of the cult and reverend with the rape whistle.. you could tell the reverend's words were getting through to her before she ran out there

It was her own people. She got set up by the lady with her having to 'go to the bathroom' at that exact moment.

I also think Agent Caney is the bald dude with the gun shooting dogs.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was her own people. She got set up by the lady with her having to 'go to the bathroom' at that exact moment.

I also think Agent Caney is the bald dude with the gun shooting dogs.

lori might have been involved... she was having those flashbacks of the old lady getting hit with the rocks.....

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also... from what I've seen, the GR is really a trolling ass organization.

They stand around people and just watch them to annoy the hell out of them til they go off. They also probably have somebody who's either directly or indirectly connected to the people who they are pursuing so they might know what makes them tick. Also, in the opening scene when the older man leaving the market fell on the sidewalk, was he having a heart attack? Gladys looked at dude and just kept walking, :wow:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The GR might have been behind it. Another scene that might be a clue is when they all gathered at the GR house to go look for her, the leader told the new joiner not to come (maybe cause she knew she was dead in the woods already)... this was before they "supposedly" knew where Gladys was at, because they then had to go look for in the woods.

Also, they can't talk... so how did the woman that was with her when she got snatched up relay the message to them? Did she go back to the house and tell them? When they got to the gas station it seemed like she hadn't left and was explaining that she came out and she was gone.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Also, they can't talk... so how did the woman that was with her when she got snatched up relay the message to them? Did she go back to the house and tell them? When they got to the gas station it seemed like she hadn't left and was explaining that she came out and she was gone.
I assumed she wrote a note to the attendant at the station, telling him to call the house and say Gladys was missing.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
they using the same depressing song every episode though :heh: they need to switch it up. but youre right, shyt works :banderas:

:patrice: think you might be right, that old lady patty (?) is not to be fukked with

that reverend stays getting shytted on. @Napoleon should watch this show

Yea I pick up a real sinister and manipulative vibe from that lady breh.. I really believe she knows more about what happened to the old lady that got stoned to death than she's letting on..

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The Chief is fukking hilarious. Either has the :beli: or the :dahell: look

Last week:

Jill did you steal the baby Jesus :beli:

Are you enjoying my sandwich :beli:

Mayor: Chief, go to the store and get a new Jesus

Chief: Why don't you fukking do it :dahell:

This week:

Walks into a meeting full of angry citizens

Mayor: Chief Garvey is here now he'll be able to answer all your questions

Chief: :dahell:

Convo with the man with the gun had me :mjlol:

Chief: So we need everybody to be inside by 8PM

Man: That's not fair, we didn't do anything. How do we know they didn't do this:troll:

Chief: You were there with them when they found the body :dahell:

Man: I was there with some of them :troll:

Chief: You don't even live here :dahell:

Man: Yeah I do, when I moved here I thought it was a nice place :troll:

Chief: Are you fukking serious :dahell:
:dead::dead::dead:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Finally caught up the beginning of this last episode :merchant: my favorite episode so far is the one with the Reverend and I still find the Chief's daughter annoying smh her friend tho :takedat:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The Chief is fukking hilarious. Either has the :beli: or the :dahell: look

Last week:

Jill did you steal the baby Jesus :beli:

Are you enjoying my sandwich :beli:

Mayor: Chief, go to the store and get a new Jesus

Chief: Why don't you fukking do it :dahell:

This week:

Walks into a meeting full of angry citizens

Mayor: Chief Garvey is here now he'll be able to answer all your questions

Chief: :dahell:

Convo with the man with the gun had me :mjlol:

Chief: So we need everybody to be inside by 8PM

Man: That's not fair, we didn't do anything. How do we know they didn't do this:troll:

Chief: You were there with them when they found the body :dahell:

Man: I was there with some of them :troll:

Chief: You don't even live here :dahell:

Man: Yeah I do, when I moved here I thought it was a nice place :troll:

Chief: Are you fukking serious :dahell:

:deadjackson::deadjackson::deadjackson:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This has to be the most polarizing hbo drama ever. The cop storylines are lame..wheres my white shirts? Wheres baby jesus?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
This has to be the most polarizing hbo drama ever. The cop storylines are lame..wheres my white shirts? Wheres baby jesus?

:stopitslime: I don't watch this show, but at this point I think folks are just picking on Lindelof. Folks are looking for any reason to shyt on projects he works on.